Will you watch the Christmas Parade?

Will you watch the WDW Christmas Day Parade?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No. Don't want to.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • They have a parade? (Unaware)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Wish I could, but can't.

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
I'm pretty slow - I'd always thought they taped on Christmas Day. But if I would've thought logically about it, there's no way Regis/Kelly and other performers would work on Christmas Day (or at least some of them wouldn't!).

How does it all work? Are some parts the actual day, and some parts pre-recorded? I've been reading through the thread trying to figure it out...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm pretty slow - I'd always thought they taped on Christmas Day. But if I would've thought logically about it, there's no way Regis/Kelly and other performers would work on Christmas Day (or at least some of them wouldn't!).

How does it all work? Are some parts the actual day, and some parts pre-recorded? I've been reading through the thread trying to figure it out...

All pre-recorded as far as I know. You will notice that some parts are used more than one year (lion king section was from a couple of years back).

mpoppins76

It's mostly pre-recorded. I know that this year it was raining in the Orlando area Christmas day, yet it was perfectly sunny at the parade. Hmmmm. Pixie dust, perhaps? ;)

Years ago when I did the CollegeProgram we went Christmas Day to see it live and they did have the cameras filming that day. I think they probably mix in a little live-feed...as long as it's sunny :cool: We happened to be in a "dead" spot...meaning that no one was performing right in front of us. They'd walk past our part and then just past us down Main Street they'd perform like crazy. lol

I don't care though...I'm still glued to the TV every Christmas morning in my pj's watching it. :xmas:

hokielutz

I wish I could glue myself to the TV on Christmas morning to watch the parade. I had to TIVO it the last couple of years because there is so much work to do in our family's kitchen every Christmas morning.

I did get to watch it later on... after I knew it was raining in Orlando that morning. Its really amazing how the Disney magic allows it to be a crystal clear day in DL & WDW, but dreary outside the world. :lol:

hokielutz

I watched parts of the parade but it wasn't at all a good experience for me. I just can't stand Kelly Rippa, she completely ruined the Disney Magic for me!!

I have to agree with you on Kelly. She looked absolutely HORRIBLE this year. Her dress did not cover up when her skin stretched on her chest and you saw bone outlines... it was really ugly.

Now don't get any ideas that I look in one place, because my DW saw the same thing and we both agreed she was not in good form. It looked like she was on the Mary-Kate Olsen diet before the show.

If you don't remember and have still have a tape to review... do so... but be warned that it wasn't a pretty sight. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom