Will you use a MagicBand?

Will you use a MagicBand when available?

• Total voters

luv

:rolleyes: Going for 100,001 times......................

They won't make you take one.
I hate to sound like those people who say, "Source?", but I have to ask...

How do you know this for certain?

I only ask because the CM at the Odyssey said that eventually, we (AP peeps) will all be transferred to the bands. I know CMs are sometimes wrong.

But are you 100% certain that you're right about this?

I really hope you accept this as a question and not a fight. :)

G00fyDad

I hate to sound like those people who say, "Source?", but I have to ask...

How do you know this for certain?

I only ask because the CM at the Odyssey said that eventually, we (AP peeps) will all be transferred to the bands. I know CMs are sometimes wrong.

But are you 100% certain that you're right about this?

I really hope you accept this as a question and not a fight. :)

I understand. I cannot remember where I saw this, but it was not on a forum. I remember reading that this will be an "opt-in" only option so you do not have to take a band.

Of course Disney will want everyone to use the band so they may make it sound more like a "must do" thing, but they cannot make you take the band for a variety of reasons including some guests being allergic to the material they are made from, and even disabled guests that have no arms.

bubbles1812

I would probably choose the option of a card over a wristband. They are sweaty and annoying and it takes 2 seconds to get a card out of my bag. If I did opt for the wristband, would most likely be in my pocket or wrapped around something in my bag anyways, for the same reasons I said previous. Never been a wristband girl.

Chezman1399

I can't wait. Cards are so easy to get bent up and lost and when I stay at a WDW hotel, it's annual Pass, Room Key, Driver's License, Credit Card, and DVC Membership card all in my pocket (I don't take my wallet with me when I hit the parks), now I can cut out a couple of those cards, and won't have to dig through them all when I go get fastpasses or enter a park, just wave my wrist past a reader and continue on.

disneygirl1

I personally like the idea of the magicband. Less of a hassle fumbling around looking for it in my backpack when paying, using the dining plan and getting into the room.

StarWarsGirl

I have an annual pass. That thing is WAY too valuable to be around my wrist. It needs to be in my wallet, zipped up in my purse for that reason. I even got a purse that zips for that reason. That, and because my iPod Touch and Android Smartphone need to be zipped in on Rock n' Roller Coaster.

Room key I wouldn't do just because we spend a lot of time at the pool and a key card is easier.

I am not against the Mickey thingys. I can put my room key in the carrying case that contain my iPod Touch and cell phone and wave it in front of the door and it opens. I have one of those Mickey carrying cases that they sell down there. One of the best purchases I ever made. It goes everywhere with me. I keep my phone, iPod, student ID, AAA card, and driver's license in there so I don't have to carry a purse around school or if I need to run someplace but don't plan on spending money, I can just grab is and go. It's also great for taking down to the pool with me and storing in a bag. Keeps the roomkey nice and I always know where it is. I think I need to replace it because it's getting rather run down from so much use, lol.

DisneyBeatles

I honestly can not wait for these Magic Bands! It's one less thing to carry around and is so quick to use!

BTW: I called the resort and asked if my non expiring passes i already have could be transferred to the bands, and the guy said they can do that at the desk at your hotel or possibly at the park. Don't remember his exact words.

IAmALocal

I plan on holding on to my RFID card for as long as possible, but from what it sounds like people with APs will be transferred to the Magic Band. I would like to keep my card because I am not too intrigued by the FP+ system and with the Magic Band you will have to use FP+. Until the traditional FP systems are removed from the park, I hope to hang on to the card. As for wearing the band itself, I don't view it as a big deal. If it gets uncomfortable wearing it then I will put it my pocket or around a belt loop.

RunnerFool

I don't understand, disney going back to wristbands when every other amusement or theme park has essentially gotten rid of them not to mention the ugly tan lines these are going to leave behind.
yes, heaven forbid a tanline will result o_o

I guess I'd go for it - my mom and I are pretty good at getting our cards demagnitized.. so I imagine this is designed to prevent that.

JIMINYCR

I will try anything, then make my decision if it makes my trip easier or more enjoyable. If I have problems or get frustrated with the rules/regulations I will join in with others and make my displeasure known.... for all the good it will do....

Mr Bill

I've got no interest in using a MagicBand. This new RFID AP I picked up last week is pretty nice so far, but I'd rather not wear something around my wrist and having a plastic ticket that fits in my wallet is a lot easier for me than keeping track of a piece of rubber and making sure I have it with me when I decide to go to the parks. They'll get me to use a MagicBand when they strap it to my cold, dead hands.

RonAnnArbor

LOL Mr Bill -- I 100% agree with you -- and it will indeed be optional. YOu can use the RFID card or get a wristband, up to you. Personally, they are having so many problems and complaints about the whole system right now, that I wouldn't wait with baited breath until you actually see them roll out -- which I personally predict won't be until the fall at the earliest -- When I was testing last month, the new FP+ system is super easy to use -- but everything seemed to not work on the park-end of things...cards didn't read right, reservations weren't coming up on the system, and most of the readers at the stands are yet to be enabled. The wireless system in the parks was really slow and unreliable, and when I switched to LTE on my iPhone, it knocked the login off of MDE so that you had to log in all over again -- they have LOTS of things to take care of before anyone uses any kind of wristband anywhere in the parks.

CtDisneyGuy33

I would think with things carried, bought, kids, and everything else, the wristbands would be a viable option for many. I personally am looking forward to using them.

NormC

Just remember with the wrist band there will reportedly be more of a My Disney Experience than with just the RFID card.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom