Will you use a MagicBand?

Will you use a MagicBand when available?

• Total voters

KCheatle

I'm actually pretty excited about them. I think they're cool. I find it hard to believe that the entirety of Disney world (stores, hotel rooms, restaurants, etc) can easily transfer to this system. For example, how are they going to install on every hotel room door the technology necessary for these to work? How is it goign to work in a restaurant - I give the waiter my bracelet to pay for dinner? I guess I just don't know how it's actually going to work - but I think the concept is cool.

CP_alum08

i don't see how rfid is any more intrusive than having a smartphone. I'll definitely be wearing it. I'm excited for all the personal interactions that can happen because of it.
It's not and Disney already tracks and records everything you do anyway, RFID just makes it easier and quicker for them.

I'm for the bands, if they can be used just like my AP or KttW card, then why not just have it easily accessible on my wrist instead of digging through my pockets or wallet to find it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So far it looks like that has changed now. ;)

I'll wear one. My wife won't but that's because she is crazy. :D

Coming back to the old results now. I would expect some folks to have been swayed by the fancy packaging, but not many. Wearing a dorky(my opinion) wristband for hours on end is just not going to appeal to a large subset of guests.

MagicMegan

I don't do well with big things on my wrists... I have a hard enough time with party bracelets. So if I can put it on my bag or belt then ok, but not on my wrist.

G00fyDad

Coming back to the old results now. I would expect some folks to have been swayed by the fancy packaging, but not many. Wearing a dorky(my opinion) wristband for hours on end is just not going to appeal to a large subset of guests.

I see your point. I can only assume that this will not appeal to a large group of the guests. But as long as Disney is looking at more than half of the guests wanting to use it they will continue with this. However, the day may come when this has worn off on the public and Disney will rethink the issue. Probably once all of the MM+ stuff starts breaking and doesn't get fixed. ;)

Doug Means

i've been to WDW just enough to feel like i can say a few things about this. i first had some reservations about it and there are a few things i'm not sure about right now, but i voted that i would use it because over the years i have use a few of the new stuff as it came down. anything that can make my trip a little easier and more enjoyable i'm for (i'm telling you after a long day at a park when you come in tired waving your write by the door to open it will be alot better). i'll continue to read anything and everything i can get ahold of (even alex jones stuff) about them and make my decisions. but as of now this june i will be staying in AoA lion king and if i get to use them i will...then i will update on this thread how it went.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A survey here on this subject is about as accurate as survey on PC popularity conducted on an Apple fan site. 6 out of 7 people own and wear watches. 100% of the guests at MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc wear wrist bands. It would not surprise me to see these bands on 80%-90% of the guests in WDW come this time next year.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
A survey here on this subject is about as accurate as survey on PC popularity conducted on an Apple fan site. 6 out of 7 people own and wear watches. 100% of the guests at MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc wear wrist bands. It would not surprise me to see these bands on 80%-90% of the guests in WDW come this time next year.

Do you really think the numbers will be that high? I have trouble envisioning that. Forget the privacy issues, which I doubt most guests will know nor care about. Just the idea of wearing matching wristbands. I think there is a fairly large subset of guests, that will want nothing to do with this.

copcarguyp71

Nope...sweaty disgusting feeling and the smell by the end of the day of the sweat under a vinyl/plastic band has to be absolutely putrid! I do not wear a watch for this reason so why would I wear the FP band? Just one sweaty guys opinion though!

bsiev1977

Sure, why not? If it means not having to dig out my room key or credit card every time I... Transact... I can deal with that. Easy enough to replace the MagicBand - less so a credit card. It's always on you, so it's hard to lose anyway. Sounds like a win-win all around. Sure there's the privacy issue or being scrutinized for patterns... So? If it improves the experience, I can live with that too. They still can't force me to buy something in a shop.
Anyone who has a privacy issue or worried about being tracked for patterns by the Bands should never go online for any reason.

sweetpee_1993

I wouldn't & won't. They look like children's bracelets. If I was 13, sure. Not spending money to "bling" or decorate one, either. If I'm spending money on jewelry I'd rather put those funds towards something I like and would normally want. If I had to use a Magic Band it'd be in my bag...same as a key card or ticket. Not anything I find value in on any level.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you really think the numbers will be that high? I have trouble envisioning that. Forget the privacy issues, which I doubt most guests will know nor care about. Just the idea of wearing matching wristbands. I think there is a fairly large subset of guests, that will want nothing to do with this.
I do. Kids will want them for no other reason than they do not have them and parents will like them because they will make their lives easier. If Power Balance can sell millions of plastic wristbands for $60 a pop that do absolutely nothing, Disney will have no problem moving wristbands that can actually make a WDW trip a little more interesting.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I do. Kids will want them for no other reason than they do not have them and parents will like them because they will make their lives easier. If Power Balance can sell millions of plastic wristbands for $60 a pop that do absolutely nothing, Disney will have no problem moving wristbands that can actually make a WDW trip a little more interesting.

Besides that, they are "magical", in that they open doors and will unlock new experiences that will make many kids go "wow", the first time they use it. I mean, put yourself in a kids shoes/mind and just think about the fact that you can wave this thing in front of something and it will illicit a response.

DisneyJoe

I wouldn't & won't. They look like children's bracelets. If I was 13, sure. Not spending money to "bling" or decorate one, either. If I'm spending money on jewelry I'd rather put those funds towards something I like and would normally want. If I had to use a Magic Band it'd be in my bag...same as a key card or ticket. Not anything I find value in on any level.
The ones shown are the customized bands with names and featured colors. From what I understand, these are not the standard issue plain bands.

Britt

Nope...sweaty disgusting feeling and the smell by the end of the day of the sweat under a vinyl/plastic band has to be absolutely putrid! I do not wear a watch for this reason so why would I wear the FP band? Just one sweaty guys opinion though!
Does your wrist get really sweaty? I mean...sure if you wear it obnoxiously tight, but they're adjustable....so you dont need it that tight, would your wrist still be sweaty?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The ones shown are the customized bands with names and featured colors. From what I understand, these are not the standard issue plain bands.
It would not surprise me if Disney has dozens of different designs in the pipeline. The second they put "Limited Edition" on some, they will fly of the shelves faster than free beer samples at a baseball game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom