Will There Every Be a 5th Major Park?

Chevross

Okay this is something you can take or leave. I saw on one of the other Disney boards a post from someone who claims that the 5th park is the long rumored Dark Kingdom (Villain) park. I know, if we had a dollar for every time someone tells that rumor. But, what makes this rumor fun is that he gave the names of the possible lands of the park. These would include Villains Ville, Ghost Town, Pirates Cove, and Witch Way. I know that it is probably some newby trying to get attention for their self, but I try to keep an open mind about rumors. I thought that the Fantasyland plans were some Disney Geek trying to be creative, but we know how that turned out. I think that sometimes Disney leaks info. to gauge the reaction on the Disney boards. Somehow this rumor seemed like Disney's answer to Harry Potter.:)

So Which Way is Witch Way? :lol:

DancingPhoenix

Okay this is something you can take or leave. I saw on one of the other Disney boards a post from someone who claims that the 5th park is the long rumored Dark Kingdom (Villain) park. I know, if we had a dollar for every time someone tells that rumor. But, what makes this rumor fun is that he gave the names of the possible lands of the park. These would include Villains Ville, Ghost Town, Pirates Cove, and Witch Way. I know that it is probably some newby trying to get attention for their self, but I try to keep an open mind about rumors. I thought that the Fantasyland plans were some Disney Geek trying to be creative, but we know how that turned out. I think that sometimes Disney leaks info. to gauge the reaction on the Disney boards. Somehow this rumor seemed like Disney's answer to Harry Potter.:)

I'm doubtful, but that could be a super cool park. They could gear it toward older guests and make more intense rides and coasters. The one thing that Universal gets for me is awesome intense rides. If Disney had some stuff like that I wouldn't go to Universal at all.

efudd

not sure what the fixation is with building only by the speedway.

I'm sure they can build anyplace on their property if they want- as long as they make some sort of deal like they did with the walker ranch in exchange for filling in swamps to build celebration.

granted that was 15-20 years ago. But Money still probably talks plenty loud. You get the right politicians involved and they can do whatever they want. The question would be if it be cheaper then the alternatives.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I'm sure they can build anyplace on their property if they want- as long as they make some sort of deal like they did with the walker ranch in exchange for filling in swamps to build celebration.

granted that was 15-20 years ago. But Money still probably talks plenty loud. You get the right politicians involved and they can do whatever they want. The question would be if it be cheaper then the alternatives.
A good 40% of what`s left of undeveloped on property cannot take substantial construction unless you want to watch it sink. The main reason the Meditteranian Resort was never built.

Yes, they could build anywhere in theory but like putting a man on mars it would be cost prohibitive.

Chevross

It's the largest plot of land available that is designated "undeveloped" and "usable" and would allow the least amount of relocation of other facilities.

Glasgow

What do you think will pull in more guests? Spreading maintenance money across 4 parks or lumping that together to create another "BRAND NEW!" park .. sure, to us it is folly since then the other parks will see even less upkeep, but that's a problem for the next generation of execs, right?? .......

I see the proposition of a new park as highly possible, especially if it's designed to be either a) open only in certain seasons, making the ticket price higher due to a shorter window of attendance or b) highly specialized, such as a coaster-only park, for example.

Just my $0.02

Disday

Why do people assume that Disney can't both build a new park and enhance and expand the existing parks? I've heard rumors about major expansions at the two parks most in need (DHS and DAK) - as well as about a new park. Also, I don't believe that a new park will be All coasters and thrill rides. Disney has stated they will not do an all thrill ride park. I'm sure there will be thrill rides, as well as dark rides and shows - something for a variety of people. :)

Why do people assume that Disney can't both build a new park and enhance and expand the existing parks? I've heard rumors about major expansions at the two parks most in need (DHS and DAK) - as well as about a new park. Also, I don't believe that a new park will be All coasters and thrill rides. Disney has stated they will not do an all thrill ride park. I'm sure there will be thrill rides, as well as dark rides and shows - something for a variety of people. :)

if Disney just builds on what they already have in DAK and DHS they will already attract guests amd save money on a whole new park. lets say that Disney does fallow through with an expansion in DHS and they chose to make Pixar Place bigger. there are 2 possible thrill rides that Disney could produce. a Cars E-tickets thrill ride similar to teat track and a monsters inc roller coaster that could be a potter swatter by making it similar to harry potters ride system they could also make a roller coaster for a movie like WALL-E. They could build a quick service lunch and a full service dinner place call gastos for ratatouille and boom instant money makers without making a new park

jmick71

back last year i had "lunch with an imagineer" at the brown derby and he kept hinting over and over again at a night park. he did say that it was not in there 5 year plan (so not the hyperian wharf) and hinted that it would be announced after the 5 years was up. so my guess is that it is in beginning stages of development and will be announced by 2015 and most likely completed in 2017-2018:sohappy:

imagineer boy

back last year i had "lunch with an imagineer" at the brown derby and he kept hinting over and over again at a night park. he did say that it was not in there 5 year plan (so not the hyperian wharf) and hinted that it would be announced after the 5 years was up. so my guess is that it is in beginning stages of development and will be announced by 2015 and most likely completed in 2017-2018:sohappy:

Just smile and nod folks...

Disday

The Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek was a park that was to be done on the cheap. It wouldn't take long to design and develop. From what I've read from a good source - Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek is very dead. They reportedly did surveys about it and only 1 out of 8 people liked the idea. The imagineer may have been hinting at the Dark Kingdom (VILLAIN) park if it is open in the afternoon and later hours. Also, expansions at existing parks will not bring in the type of attendance that a new park would. However, if there is a new park planned, they need to expand the existing parks to avoid too much cannibalization.:)

Chevross

Just smile and nod folks...

I find it funny that the post stated in quotations, "lunch with an imagineer," *wink *wink, *cough *cough.

Seriously, a new park will only draw in so much for so long, and with the current states of the parks as of right now, it would most likely consume attendance from the other parks dramatically, except for Magic Kingdom possibly due to the FLE. The only new things really with the other parks hasn't been expansion, but rather a new attraction. Pixar, Everest, Soarin', and people still classify those occasionally as half-day parks, with Epcot for some odd reason being the full day park in most cases, even though I feel like it needs the most work personally. In my opinion WDW doesn't need two full-time parks and two half-day parks with the possibility of another park. WDW needs to at least have a majority of the parks seen as full-time before expanding to a whole new park that may become a half-day as well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The higher cost of staffing and operating a new park as opposed to limited cost increases of extending existing parks I would have thought would be sufficient grounds to kill any ideas in that direction for quite some time

I'm an INSIDER!!!

So, when I was on the bus to Epcot in November, the driver was telling us all about the new park!!!!! He said it would be a thrill park with Marvel characters, but it would also be a villains park. It would also be a "exclusive park". It will be called "Disney's Jungle Villain Marvel Adventure Trek". When we got to Epcot I snuck into an Imagineer's office and saw a bunch of pictures of the new expansions. Beastly Kingdom for AK, Pixar Place Expansion for HS, JII 4.0 and Horizons 2.0 for Epcot and finally Adventureland Expansion for MK. I am so excited!!!:sohappy:

(This was a joke by the way.;))

Chevross

Lunch with an imagineer is legitimate:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dine-with-an-imagineer/

I'll leave it up to everyone else to judge the validity of the rumors that came out of that lunch.

Yeah I know that already. I was getting at the unnecessary quotation marks which I specifically pointed out. Kinda reminded me of Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers Series, so I found it humorous, which I stated was funny. No need to look so deep into things. I guess people don't get references anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqos3j07jzc*

*May contain language.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So, when I was on the bus to Epcot in November, the driver was telling us all about the new park!!!!! He said it would be a thrill park with Marvel characters, but it would also be a villains park. It would also be a "exclusive park". It will be called "Disney's Jungle Villain Marvel Adventure Trek". When we got to Epcot I snuck into an Imagineer's office and saw a bunch of pictures of the new expansions. Beastly Kingdom for AK, Pixar Place Expansion for HS, JII 4.0 and Horizons 2.0 for Epcot and finally Adventureland Expansion for MK. I am so excited!!!:sohappy:

(This was a joke by the way.;))

That's completely false, Horizons 2.0 is going into the new Tomorrowland which is going to have a retro 80's theme, and Beastly Kingdom is going to replace Indy at DHS...Also, Sounds Dangerous is going to be reimagined to include 3 new hosts, Gary Busey, Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan,

Edited to add, they're going to expand the monorail to all 5 parks and it's being replaced by a trackless system

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom