Will There Every Be a 5th Major Park?

CrescentLake

I am not going to discuss this with someone who feels the need to call me a liar so feel free to believe what you want. I am not really concerned with what you think but thanks for sharing your opinion.

Checkmate. That was easy.

Back on topic: Did RCID make provisions for the possibility for a 5th park? Or am I just having some sort of false memory? In the report I could have sworn it said there was room...

Since I'm read/green colorblind, can't really make out much of that map, but from what I can tell, couldn't really see any area for a 5th gate.

Oh well.

Chevross

I'd believe the word of a long-time user over a newcomer a good portion of the time. It is plausible that whatever company was preparing this attraction/park (Which is probably Disney or an affiliate) did indeed order the supplies and then when the idea died, they kept the supplies for other uses or if the project became "shelved," which means discussions can restart on going through with production. It was mentioned that the supplies came from overseas, which I'd assume is in Oceania (or Japan), thus explaining why it is in California storage.

The "stuff" is most likely cement, dirt, plastics, pipes, common construction items, etc.

Just my take, but I'm sure you're going to come back with a counter argument because that little "checkmate" statement makes me assume that you just want to win a non-winnable subject.

tikiman

I'd believe the word of a long-time user over a newcomer a good portion of the time. It is plausible that whatever company was preparing this attraction/park (Which is probably Disney or an affiliate) did indeed order the supplies and then when the idea died, they kept the supplies for other uses or if the project became "shelved," which means discussions can restart on going through with production. It was mentioned that the supplies came from overseas, which I'd assume is in Oceania (or Japan), thus explaining why it is in California storage.

The "stuff" is most likely cement, dirt, plastics, pipes, common construction items, etc.

Just my take, but I'm sure you're going to come back with a counter argument because that little "checkmate" statement makes me assume that you just want to win a non-winnable subject.

I appreciate backing me up Chevross. I am not concerned with what he thinks and if he feels he needs to win something than, be my guest. I have been posting on forums and sharing info for over 10 years and people who read my postings or my site know I don’t lie. I won’t get into more details because I was asked not to but you are correct that the stuff was hand carved in the Pacific and was shipped to CA Imagineering. I will leave it at that because I don’t come here to argue and I don’t try to pi$$ anyone off because the owner of this site is a friend. Also you never know who it is your talking down to and it might come to bite you later in the Disney community.

CrescentLake

The problem is that you misunderstood me; I'm not claiming to know anything. I'm saying that I am very incredulous. Just because someone is a long time user does not make them instantly credible. If this guy is like Lee, Raven, or Juan, (and I imagine he/she is not,) then I'll retract my words.

Again, it seems to me that a large company such as Disney, to avoid having excess props/construction equipment wouldnt order them until the idea was GREENLIT officially, and there was no going back. Also, the poster in question said the "stuff" was amazing, and thus it cannot be cement or anything else of that nature. In fact he said it was "hand carved" from the pacific. Why would Disney order the props that early in the game? Why would they be from the pacific/oceania region?

Also you never know who it is your talking down to and it might come to bite you later in the Disney community.
I won't be threatened. More importantly, I do not wish to "advance" in the "Disney Community." All I want is to go about my education, get a good job, and go to Disney World as much as I can with my family. I post on here because I'm a fanatic- I know nothing in terms of insider knowledge. So threats won't work on me, buddy.

tikiman

The problem is that you misunderstood me; I'm not claiming to know anything. I'm saying that I am very incredulous. Just because someone is a long time user does not make them instantly credible. If this guy is like Lee, Raven, or Juan, (and I imagine he/she is not,) then I'll retract my words.

Again, it seems to me that a large company such as Disney, to avoid having excess props/construction equipment wouldnt order them until the idea was GREENLIT officially, and there was no going back. Also, the poster in question said the "stuff" was amazing, and thus it cannot be cement or anything else of that nature. In fact he said it was "hand carved" from the pacific. Why would Disney order the props that early in the game? Why would they be from the pacific/oceania region?

I won't be threatened. More importantly, I do not wish to "advance" in the "Disney Community." All I want is to go about my education, get a good job, and go to Disney World as much as I can with my family. I post on here because I'm a fanatic- I know nothing in terms of insider knowledge. So threats won't work on me, buddy.

I think this post needs to get back to the original topic. I am not threatening you personally I am just giving some friendly advise. I know because I try and treat people online well it has allowed me to experience things at Disney that many never do and meat some great people that I otherwise would not have met. If I had not been nice to those people, who knows what I would have missed out on. Maybe you should not see things so negative or think everyone is attacking you so maybe in return you try not to attack others. I will leave it at that.

Chevross

The only area that could fit a park is not large enough, nor is it zoned for it.

spotnexttofw.png

Now if the rules on what rcid and disney does, this could be done.
It's safe to assume that Walt Disney World Speedway is staying because I'm sure leasing the race track to major Nascar or other forms of Motorsports teams draw in a pretty penny. Plus, the RPDE and Indycar Experience (BTW, ICE is awesome!) seems to do alright. But other than that, I'd say a DHS sized park could fit in that area where the cut/pasted Epcot is currently placed. The parking would have to be figured out though, I don't think a shared lot with MK is an all too swell idea?

This is all just speculation and idea-wise though.

flavious27

Not sure if I'm reading the map correctly, but what about the large tan area due west of the MK in grid 10?

seems to be a large plot of undeveloped land

SoG. There is really nothing north of SoG, though Floridan Way would need to be expanded.

Does anyone know who owns reedy lake and the land around it? There is enough land in that area for a 5th gate, over 320 acres.

flavious27

It's safe to assume that Walt Disney World Speedway is staying because I'm sure leasing the race track to major Nascar or other forms of Motorsports teams draw in a pretty penny. Plus, the RPDE and Indycar Experience (BTW, ICE is awesome!) seems to do alright. But other than that, I'd say a DHS sized park could fit in that area where the cut/pasted Epcot is currently placed. The parking would have to be figured out though, I don't think a shared lot with MK is an all too swell idea?

This is all just speculation and idea-wise though.

I agree with you; the line of what disney could do refers to this concept:

5thy.png

DisneyNut2007

We as Disney fans can't really know the inner workings of Team Orlando. We're forced to read about it from people like Al Lutz who has his own Disneyland biased opinion. If you've read his column for a while you know that he and his team love to point out the negatives about WDW while putting Disneyland on a pedestal. It's simple Disney World envy.:)

Too true.

Another great reason to hate MiceAge/MiceChat and say that that site's blind followers (I'm talking to you, WDW1974...) are just as dumb and nihilistic as Lutz, Kevin Yee, etc. really truly are.

DOWN WITH MICEAGE!!!

Disday

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or two Universal changes the Marvel area to D.C. I read on a Universal fan page about a blue sky idea that the Universal execs had for changing the area. They would change the film of Spider-Man to become Superman and the Hulk coaster would become Batman themed. This would be the least expensive and most efficient way to solve the problem. Add this to the fact that D.C. Universal shirts are in at least one of the park's stores now and I think we can guess the future.:)

juniorthomas

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or two Universal changes the Marvel area to D.C. I read on a Universal fan page about a blue sky idea that the Universal execs had for changing the area. They would change the film of Spider-Man to become Superman and the Hulk coaster would become Batman themed. This would be the least expensive and most efficient way to solve the problem. Add this to the fact that D.C. Universal shirts are in at least one of the park's stores now and I think we can guess the future.:)

Seems a reasonable solution to me, though I've never owned or operated a theme park before.

I'm just glad I realized what DC was. For a moment I thought you meant they'd theme it like the District of Columbia. Would you ride The Amazing Adventures of James Polk?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

What problem?

The only problem is in the minds of fan boys who cant accept the status quo may suit both companies in the current to medium term

Duckberg

5th Park & OIL

IF OIL goes to $5.00+ a gallon :eek: WDW it could be a fight for survival of WDW ITSELF & the current 4 Parks!!!! Duckberg :brick:

PS I doubt the Hess Stations on property are going to have any special Disney deal fuel specials :cool:

MouskaGurler

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd post (first one not on the "Welcome" forum) and I have a question, but before I ask I would just like to say hello!?

Hello! Welcome to the fourms!!!
As for the fifth park in my opinion: up the studios, and get a new land or a despritley new attractions @ AK.... Then the world can only hope WDW opens anthor gate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom