Will Harmonious Survive?

Greg in TN

I just foresee massive maintenance problems with all this technology sitting in the middle of the lagoon, day in an day out, through all types of weather. Will they continue to run the show through all the break-downs ? If the Yeti in Everest is any indication, yes they will. But depending on what breaks down, it could be much more impactful to the show than even the Yeti is to Everest. What will be the response of the crowd then ?

GimpYancIent

I just foresee massive maintenance problems with all this technology sitting in the middle of the lagoon, day in an day out, through all types of weather. Will they continue to run the show through all the break-downs ? If the Yeti in Everest is any indication, yes they will. But depending on what breaks down, it could be much more impactful to the show than even the Yeti is to Everest. What will be the response of the crowd then ?
That would be interesting, Harm in "B" mode.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I saw it opening night and felt it was nothing special. No emotional connection whatsoever.

I didn't mind the barges, but the tech they're using feels... Underwhelming. It wasn't a game-changer like WOC and could have been considering the size and scope of that lake.

Perhaps it's time for Dis to bring in proper third-party design firms who can come up with better concepts.

graphite1326

I have only seen the livestream of it and it Harmed me :) We will be going soon and I am wondering if anyone has scouted out good viewing spots yet. We usually watched from Canada in the before times or from Japan once. Since we have this Eye of Sauron thing in the middle of the lagoon. Just wondering so maybe seeing it from a good vantage might help my enjoyment.
I watched between the entrance of WS and from Canada and pretty much all you can see is a barg blocking the view.

mf1972

i found it to be mediocre. illuminations was way better with less tech vs harmonious. i found some of the songs/segments they used had to relation to the park other than playing a popular song. i just hope down the road they can tweak it a bit. we’ll see.

Vegas Disney Fan

I always said they should build 4 boathouses designed to match the pavilion that they can stay in, set a winch cable from the center to the boathouse low enough for boats can clear and then can be pulled in and out. I also thought maybe they should build 4 nice sailboats and put the images on the sails. Also I thing a good symbol of travel and unity. Maybe have 7 boats gathered together in the lagoon representing all 7 continents joining each other for harmonious. Having real boats are not unnatural looking in a body of water and can sit there all day.

I think the barges are permanently moored but I love the boat idea... why not mask the barges with hulls?

Forgive my horrible photoshop skills but I think it would definitely be an improvement over what we have now...

Attachments

• Barge 1.jpg
    Barge 1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Barge 2.jpg
    Barge 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 98

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I think the barges are permanently moored but I love the boat idea... why not mask the barges with hulls?

Forgive my horrible photoshop skills but I think it would definitely be an improvement over what we have now...
Heck even put a wooden boarder around them and make them look like moring docks, tourist towns have all kinds of industrial boats out in the sight line but those just look plain bizarre.

The Colonel

Harmonious is shockingly bad. Replacing Illuminations, it's ludicrous. I actually preferred Epcot Forever.

Illuminations is a height Disney may never reach again; the pre-show music, the post show music, the story, the community, the actual show music, the cohesive message and story, the singing performances, the compositions, the synchronization of fireworks with music and story. Illuminations hit it on every level.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Harmonious is shockingly bad. Replacing Illuminations, it's ludicrous. I actually preferred Epcot Forever.

Illuminations is a height Disney may never reach again; the pre-show music, the post show music, the story, the community, the actual show music, the cohesive message and story, the singing performances, the compositions, the synchronization of fireworks with music and story. Illuminations hit it on every level.

I fully agree with this.
Just reading your post made all of those things flood my head.
I hope Disney can see Harmonious is a flop. Problem is they spent so much time and money on it I'm worried they will allow it to stay for far too long.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s cute how you all think that it’s going to be reworked into Illuminations 3.0.

This is Cheapek’s baby. You just don’t tell the CEO (at the time of posting this anyway) that their vision was pure hot garbage. The yes men and toadies in whatever is left of imagination are going to double down on what has failed so spectacularly. You’re going to get so much IP synergy force fed to you it’s going to be exploding out of all openings.

mf1972

i think the show will eventually get tweaked down the road. my wife liked it. i thought it was meh. we both agreed it’s nowhere near as good as illuminations, & those barges are such an eye sore during the day.

yensid1967

It’s cute how you all think that it’s going to be reworked into Illuminations 3.0.

This is Cheapek’s baby. You just don’t tell the CEO (at the time of posting this anyway) that their vision was pure hot garbage. The yes men and toadies in whatever is left of imagination are going to double down on what has failed so spectacularly. You’re going to get so much IP synergy force fed to you it’s going to be exploding out of all openings.
and cheapen the Disney park experience for everyone...despite rising prices + a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE IN 2023! (that increase may kill a lot of dreams, including mine of going to Disney one last time before I get too old!)

Brer Oswald

My bet is that they add Bruno song before end of year, and call it a day.

The Lochness Monsta

The only thing I liked was the music. But even that didn't feel like Epcot.

This would have been a much better show for Animal Kingdom. Epcot's lake/pond is too large to be able to see things clearly. At Animal Kingdom it would have possibly been the best show on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom