Will Harmonious Survive?

UNCgolf

The only thing I liked was the music. But even that didn't feel like Epcot.

This would have been a much better show for Animal Kingdom. Epcot's lake/pond is too large to be able to see things clearly. At Animal Kingdom it would have possibly been the best show on property.

They can't do a show like that at Animal Kingdom because of the fireworks.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
They should bring back Laserphonic Fantasy but have Trans Siberian Orchestra remake the soundtrack. Harmonious Barges may fit a show like that. There not all just Heavy Metal.

Last edited:

Po'Rich

I just watched Harmonious on Youtube. I have to say that it is visually stunning. However, it seemed like it was just a vapid Disney clip show. There just doesn't seem much that holds the show together (especially when compared to ROE). Or am I missing something?

kalel8145

I just watched Harmonious on Youtube. I have to say that it is visually stunning. However, it seemed like it was just a vapid Disney clip show. There just doesn't seem much that holds the show together (especially when compared to ROE). Or am I missing something?
I am thinking along the same lines. Haven't seen it in person yet so hopefully its different in person. We loved ROE. It was our favorite of all the night-time shows.

Po'Rich

I am thinking along the same lines. Haven't seen it in person yet so hopefully its different in person. We loved ROE. It was our favorite of all the night-time shows.
I agree. It was our favorite show as well and part of what we really liked was the message of hope that it provided. In fact, this is part of what we really liked about Epcot as a park. Despite all that is bleak in our world, Epcot offered a message of hope that humans can figure it out. This is different from the escape into fantasy that is offered in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Epcot was firmly situated in the real world but offered a theme of human progress.

yensid1967

SAME! I also think the barges during the day are an eyesore to downright U G L Y! There was obviously not much thought put into how it would look during the day! The renderings of the daytime look looked good with the fountains, BUT the daytime look looks nothing like the renderings IMO. I think they should put some time, effort and money into making another ROE style show, something with some meaning.

FutureCEO

I agree. It was our favorite show as well and part of what we really liked was the message of hope that it provided. In fact, this is part of what we really liked about Epcot as a park. Despite all that is bleak in our world, Epcot offered a message of hope that humans can figure it out. This is different from the escape into fantasy that is offered in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Epcot was firmly situated in the real world but offered a theme of human progress.

Watched Harmonious this week and couldn't wait til it was over. Stunning, yes but it was like watching like Magic Kingdom fireworks

Mickey5150

The biggest problem for Disney is that they let Illuminations run for too long that it became a fixture in Epcot. It will take some time for a new show to be able to truly replace it. I think Harmonious will survive but I would guess it gets some tweaks over the years.

yensid1967

Epcot was supposed to be about humanity, not Disney characters.

EXACTLY! Why not focus on WHAT worked instead of incorporating characters? When you walked away from Reflections of Earth, you felt inspired to make it a better world for everyone! I agree, they need to focus on Humanity and Creating a Better World! Maybe focus on global warming as a way to start making changes that would help in the fight against it!?

Vinnie Mac

I don't get the Harmonious hate. I enjoyed it. I didn't spend time comparing it to everything else that came before it. I just watched and enjoyed.
I think most of the hate comes from people still salty about ROE being gone. Has been three years already but everyone grieves differently I suppose.

correcaminos

I think most of the hate comes from people still salty about ROE being gone. Has been three years already but everyone grieves differently I suppose.
ROE? I keep thinking return on equity. I assume you mean Illuminations? If so I had made my peace with it going. Loved it but I'm good with change if change is good. I was never able to visit while Epoct Forever ran but I found that one way better than Harmonious. It's not a great show. We get bored with it and the barges are seriously unforgivable. Not well thought out. If they blew up the barges and brought Epcot Forever back I'd be happy

FutureCEO

Illuminations was great. Had it's slow moments...the spinning ball no one could see. But even Epcot Forever beats Harmonious in a competition between shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom