Will Harmonious Survive?

correcaminos

That to me is the main thing......the thought behind leaving them out all day instead of designing something that can fit into waterway to be offsite until evening. I have not seen the show, we don't usually stay at Epcot to see the prior show.....once we had seen it multiple times.....I always see the fireworks at the MK but not every night either. No matter what bling you put on them, they are ugly during the daytime.....so somehow, I too hope they can find a new home for them.....dig a new canal..... :angelic:
Exactly! I likely wouldn't have such 'anger' (cannot think of a better word) towards Harmonious if they didn't leave the barges out all day long. If it sucked, I would've been like "welp, now I don't have to stay" and that was that. Only a bomb would make those barges look better ;)

Fable McCloud

Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but I really loved Harmonious. I enjoyed the music choices, and hearing them in their native languages was a nice touch. Granted, the barges and projections could be improved, but it was way easier to see than Reflections (the projections on the globe were way too small for near-sighted me). I think it was a good replacement. it really does celebrate the multicultural aspect of Disney's movies. Also, it was better than EPCOT Forever. And Kite-Tails.

Now, as for Enchantment.... that one was really weak and paled in comparison to Happily Ever After. It seemed very slapdash and uncoordinated. There was very little flow or rhythm to it, but I that is another thread altogether.

Harmonious is what happens when you start with Wokeness as the most important attribute when Entertainment is the most important thing. A show which does not thoroughly entertain is not worth the investment and it seems this will go down as a poor investment decision. Songs centered on Disney IP are NOT EPCOT - plain and simple. The creators of this show forgot who and what they were creating a show for in the first place.

Last edited:

No Name

Harmonious is what happens when you start with Wokeness as the most important attribute when Entertainment is the most important thing. A show which does not thoroughly entertain is not worth the investment and it seems this will go down as a poor investment decision. Songs centered on Disney IP are NOT EPCOT - plain and simple. The creators of this show forgot who and what they were creating a show for in the first place.
Lol the show doesn’t even have the substance to be woke, even if you consider wokeness a bad thing for whatever reason. Lazy target there.

Vinnie Mac

You remind me of the person who I saw say "HarmonioUS doesn't have enough whiteness" in a livestream of the October 1st debut. Stupidity isn't that good of a look on you

Vinnie Mac

Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but I really loved Harmonious. I enjoyed the music choices, and hearing them in their native languages was a nice touch. Granted, the barges and projections could be improved, but it was way easier to see than Reflections (the projections on the globe were way too small for near-sighted me). I think it was a good replacement. it really does celebrate the multicultural aspect of Disney's movies. Also, it was better than EPCOT Forever. And Kite-Tails.

Now, as for Enchantment.... that one was really weak and paled in comparison to Happily Ever After. It seemed very slapdash and uncoordinated. There was very little flow or rhythm to it, but I that is another thread altogether.
100% agree. I love HarmonioUS. I can see why it gets as much criticism as it does but if you ask me it is definitely a worthy replacement of Reflections of Earth. One cool detail I actually like about HarmonioUS is that "Dig a Little Deeper" represents the United States of America. The message of the song is very similar to what the themes often associated with the "American Dream".

I still don't know how I feel about Enchantment. It's slowly growing on me but not nearly as fast as HarmonioUS. If anyone had to choose between seeing Epcot's show or MK's show, I'd definitely be choosing Epcot right now.

graphite1326

I’m not really sure how that tells us anything about any generation.
Not sure how to say this but I worked in an industry which requires skilled labor. The topic among us older "folk" is how the generation coming up didn't have the skills or drive that we had. They didn't seem to care. It just seems to me that this can be said about the immagination of this new generaion coming up. FoP was the result. Now some could say look at the new star wars rides and land. But this was just copied from what was done in the 70's.

Vinnie Mac

Not sure how to say this but I worked in an industry which requires skilled labor. The topic among us older "folk" is how the generation coming up didn't have the skills or drive that we had. They didn't seem to care. It just seems to me that this can be said about the immagination of this new generaion coming up. FoP was the result. Now some could say look at the new star wars rides and land. But this was just copied from what was done in the 70's.
I'm curious as to what generation you are. I notice a lot of older people pretend to be superior to younger generations or try to have a competition between who suffered more until they face the fact that every generation has screwed up global society, improved global society or has suffered to some large extent. So please, stop it with the "well my generation"/"this future generation xyz" crap, it's getting old and quite frankly it makes no sense from an objective standpoint.

And to say that younger generations don't care in an imaginative sense and then you bring up FoP and Galaxy's Edge as an example... Using FoP and Galaxy's Edge killed any point you were trying to make about anyone "not caring".

graphite1326

I'm curious as to what generation you are. I notice a lot of older people pretend to be superior to younger generations or try to have a competition between who suffered more until they face the fact that every generation has screwed up global society, improved global society or has suffered to some large extent. So please, stop it with the "well my generation"/"this future generation xyz" crap, it's getting old and quite frankly it makes no sense from an objective standpoint.

And to say that younger generations don't care in an imaginative sense and then you bring up FoP and Galaxy's Edge as an example... Using FoP and Galaxy's Edge killed any point you were trying to make about anyone "not caring".
What can I say we are smarter and better at everything.

Disone

This little beauty didn't last long after numerous complaints from guests....
Light Magic Parade - Disneyland 1997...

Thats actually a pretty good video capture of DL's shortest lived night time "streetacular" Light Magic. Like harmonious it was not as hated as one would read online. This video is an example of that. The audience applauded. IF you read online reports at the time the audience was booing and screaming bring back Main Street Electrical Parade.

But I do wonder if harmonious will last longer than Light Magic and if so how much longer.

Harmonious is growing on me. I kind of like it now. But....

I actually liked Light Magic which could be a really bad Omen for Harmonious.

For what it's worth, my friend who lives near Disneyland just came out to visit Walt Disney World. She's read the negative reviews of both shows but went to both with an open mind. She absolutely loved Harmonious but she thought Enchantment was just okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom