Will Harmonious Survive?

Sir_Cliff

I imagine they'll at least make further tweaks to the show. The big question for me is whether they just keep trying to make the giant barges out in the lagoon work or recognise that as one of the mistakes made with this show. Sadly, I just don't think they'd spend the money to find any solution for that issue.

Cliff

There seems to be some crazy idea that is beginning to be pushed in some places that, if you don't like HarmonioUS, then somehow this makes you a "bad" person. Or, if you don't like it, you must have some kind of "ill-will" for all of the cultures that the show claims to represent.

If this "IS" how some "pro-Harmonious" supporters think,..then it is a horrible thought!

I'm upset that the show is not multi-cultural enough for Epcot. It is literally a terrible representative of the countries and cultures that the show claims to showcase. If they want to show us what India culture is all about,...that is fantastic! But what does Disney do? They turn around and give us The Jungle Book? How random is that? What in the world is the Jungle Book supposed to do for my cultural learnings of Inda?

If they want to teach me about India?....show us the REAL India! Show me ANYthing about India just as long as it's real and accurate!

It just blows my mind that Disney thought that showing us cartoons and colorful computer screen saver images circa 1999....was going to teach us anything about any distant culture.

So please,...if there is anybody out there that only thinks "bad" people dislike Harmonious or that we are just hating on it for some "political" reason only,....that idea you might have created in your mind,...is a horrible one.

It's just not true.

UNCgolf

Now i know you are a puppet account. F&F growing on people? Only like gange green

you lost your whole argument if you think Fast & The Furious is a great attraction at Universal. It's one of the worst rides in Florida and Universal knows it. Harmonious had potential to be great, but the soundtrack is horrible and doesn't flow well with the show. They will address this if feedback continues to be horrible. Especially if they can't fill dining packages.

I think you both misread his post.

I thought the same thing at first, but you had to read all the way to the last sentence to get it. A piece of garbage can be transformed into a piece of trash. It was satirical.

jpinkc

First I would like to say, and I am probably in the minority, I really didn't like illuminations. I thought the "earth" part was boring. That being said I watch videos of the new show. Your question is the same one I had. What does it look like if you are not straight on to the barges? Maybe you are at France?

I wish they would get away from projections and do more fireworks.
Oh I dont know, the projections can be very pretty and add to the show. The Fireworks in a good show should just be the icing on the cake.

hopemax

First I would like to say, and I am probably in the minority, I really didn't like illuminations. I thought the "earth" part was boring. That being said I watch videos of the new show. Your question is the same one I had. What does it look like if you are not straight on to the barges? Maybe you are at France?

I wish they would get away from projections and do more fireworks.
Sunday night my Dad went to a private dessert party in France. Only an edge view of the Stargate, can’t see projections on that at all. One taco is too far away, another is blocked by trees. He said he would not recommend viewing it from France. Which is a problem with event bookings if word gets out that it’s a bad place to watch.

ppete1975

Message to all....I did NOT "criticize" what she thought!

Instead, what I did, with a smile on my face, in THE most polite way was to try and discover the reasons why she enjoyed it. It was NOT to make fun of her or mock her,...it was ONLY to help me understand her point of view! Her own family jeered her,....NOT me.

I would NEVER do that to anybody. That is not the person I am.

I wanted to "learn" from her,...not scold her for anything
The written word doesnt always convey our meaning. I have had my thoughts misconstrued in the past as well. I am sure you meant no ill will :)

ppete1975

With the osbourne sp? lights gone, can you imagine a holiday show!!!! You could do how every country celebrates it, then some classic christmas toons with maybe the classic characters on video projected on water and on the barges... lots of red and green lights...
could make it really a big event, i think people love a big christmas show.

one of the biggest issues i see though is the lagoon isnt really built for this (if you have to be in the right place to see all the show), most lagoons with shows force the seating into the optimal pov or have the show come to the patrons, since the barges dont move and the lagoon is 360, im not sure how thats going to work long term.

JIMINYCR

Just witnessed Harmonious in person and I rate it as less of an enjoyable show than Illumination but not the horror others may be putting forth. The more its watched maybe it may be accepted and grow on people. Disney’s got all the elements of color, lasers, music, projections and of course the fireworks… it’s just different and a bit of everything mashed together. We viewed from Mexico area and enjoyed the view from there. There may be more ideal sites to watch from. The barges were less of a eyesore with the screens in place when viewing the water during the day but still ruins the assorted panoramic views across the water way when walking around the WS. As far as changes… I m sure they will take place but the verges and show will continue on despite fans grumbling and groaning about how the show is presented.

Greg in TN

Just witnessed Harmonious in person and I rate it as less of an enjoyable show than Illumination but not the horror others may be putting forth. The more its watched maybe it may be accepted and grow on people. Disney’s got all the elements of color, lasers, music, projections and of course the fireworks… it’s just different and a bit of everything mashed together. We viewed from Mexico area and enjoyed the view from there. There may be more ideal sites to watch from. The barges were less of a eyesore with the screens in place when viewing the water during the day but still ruins the assorted panoramic views across the water way when walking around the WS. As far as changes… I m sure they will take place but the verges and show will continue on despite fans grumbling and groaning about how the show is presented.
I agree with you. It's not horrendous--I don't like it as much as Illuminations, but it's better than nothing (isn't that Disney's lofty goal now?). But I wonder, long term, what's going to happen to all those moving parts and technology that will be sitting in the middle of the lagoon permanently.

JS514

I’ll be honest, I was extremely underwhelmed and disappointed watching the live stream of Harmonius. However, after seeing it in person, I changed my mind. It gave me a lot of the same powerful “feels” that HEA gave. It gave me what Enchantment could not. I will happily go watch it again every trip. The tech is really really good. The music is well arranged. The talent is there.

I do wish it had a little more Epcot-y “unify” type feel. I feel like this show would fit an MK or HS better due to its content.

No show will ever make those barges worth it, however.

So that’s my two cents. Watching it live is far superior to anything online. To my party, this show is far and above better than Enchantment. I wouldn’t be opposed to some tweaking however.

The Tuna

Wasnt horrible. However definitely needs some work as it seems to just be a series of things pieced together to showcase every movie and character possible. Some good parts, some meh parts. but the basis for a good show is there. I think. Will need a few more viewings but i thought there were a couple of points where it had stopped working. very jerky almost from segment to segment.

JIMINYCR

I’ll be honest, I was extremely underwhelmed and disappointed watching the live stream of Harmonius. However, after seeing it in person, I changed my mind. It gave me a lot of the same powerful “feels” that HEA gave. It gave me what Enchantment could not. I will happily go watch it again every trip. The tech is really really good. The music is well arranged. The talent is there.

I do wish it had a little more Epcot-y “unify” type feel. I feel like this show would fit an MK or HS better due to its content.

No show will ever make those barges worth it, however.

So that’s my two cents. Watching it live is far superior to anything online. To my party, this show is far and above better than Enchantment. I wouldn’t be opposed to some tweaking however.
Yes...In person viewing should be the criteria before giving critiques. Thats why I always read comments, but hold off on making judgements til I actually can be there.
Illuminations was more of a show youd be expecting for an Epcot day ending entertainment. Harmonious feels more along the lines of whats expected from an MK featured show. I hate the barge look but at least they now are somewhat better with the screens in place.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Now what’s the deal with the daytime fountain shows and the constant running water features? Did they finally realize the fountains will destroy the hardware? And are these barges a ticking self destructive time bomb? Something tells me the screwed up because they don’t even run those fountains at full, they were impressive when they were being tested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom