Will Harmonious Survive?

Cliff

I'm confused. How was stating what he heard criticism? What am I missing?
Message to all....I did NOT "criticize" what she thought!

Instead, what I did, with a smile on my face, in THE most polite way was to try and discover the reasons why she enjoyed it. It was NOT to make fun of her or mock her,...it was ONLY to help me understand her point of view! Her own family jeered her,....NOT me.

I would NEVER do that to anybody. That is not the person I am.

I wanted to "learn" from her,...not scold her for anything

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Message to all....I did NOT "criticize" what she thought!

Instead, what I did with a smile on my face in THE most polite way was to discover the reasons why she enjoyed it. It was NOT to make fun of her or mock her,...it was ONLY to help me understand her point of view! Her own family jeered her,....NOT me.

I would NEVER do that to anybody. That is not the person I am.

I wanted to "learn" from her,...not scold her for anything
Let people enjoy what they enjoy. It isn't your place to question it. You don't have to like X, but it isn't your place to convince someone not to like it either.

Cliff

Let people enjoy what they enjoy. It isn't your place to question it. You don't have to like X, but it isn't your place to convince someone not to like it either.
Agreed Kamikaze,...AGREED!

What you "think" happened,...did NOT actually happen at all..

Kamikaze

Agreed Kamikaze,...AGREED!

What you "think" happened,...did NOT actually happen at all..
You posted what happened. If someone says they liked it, they liked it. Thats it. You don't have to get your argument in on how bad it is. Or even ask them why they liked it. That isn't your place.

Greg in TN

I think it'll last in it's current form content wise, I'm starting to see better reviews after it's initial debut. The way those arms need to move though... that will be a disaster keeping it working. They will probably have the arms sit in some sort of B mode eventually. They just better hope those screens keep working unlike on Oct 1st.
Yes. This show is so dependent on technology and mechanics -- and all that sitting in the middle of a lagoon -- permanently. I foresee lots of problems related to that. That was my initial concern with this show. Relying way too much on "stuff" than can (& will?) go wrong, rather than on telling a good story.

Cliff

You posted what happened. If someone says they liked it, they liked it. Thats it. You don't have to get your argument in on how bad it is. Or even ask them why they liked it. That isn't your place.
Well, let's see Kamakaze,...she asked me if "I" liked it. I replied to her. I talked to others with her. So yes, if she didn't want to tell me, she didn't need to. But, yes,...she obviously "wanted" ME to know what she thought.

Why in the world is THAT a problem? Are we no longer free to talk to each other about our differing ideas? Especially two consenting adults? Do you really believe THAT is such a horrible thing?

BOTH of us were completely NON-CONFRONTATIONAL. It was a PLESANT conversation that we both had!!!

Kamakaze,.....C'mon here. Seriously?

rio

Is Harmonious viewable from around the lagoon, or is it centered around one spot? If it's the latter, Epcot might take a dive on food and drink sales, which would be the biggest thing impacting the show's survivability.

hauntdmansion79

The other thread which is basically a grieving site, it’s been buried in almost every form of social media to the point Disney took the video off Facebook and Zach Ridleys Instagram was blown up. I’m not talking just us Epcot purists but allot of fun of the mill Disney fans. This does not look good. As for me the beginning seemed promising, the ending was fantastic and belongs to a better show I think. I can’t see them maintaining this monstrosity. So much to break and go wrong. Besides every other complaint I don’t see how the shows going to go a full year without at least having a revised edition. I know there’s probably a thread although I haven’t found all but one that’s a grieving site l.
Can someone point us to the video Disney took off Facebook? And also a link to Zach Ridley's Instagram? Thanks!

Kamikaze

Well, let's see Kamakaze,...she asked me if "I" liked it. I replied to her. I talked to others with her. So yes, if she didn't want to tell me, she didn't need to. But, yes,...she obviously "wanted" ME to know what she thought.

Why in the world is THAT a problem? Are we no longer free to talk to each other about our differing ideas? Especially two consenting adults? Do you really believe THAT is such a horrible thing?

BOTH of us were completely NON-CONFRONTATIONAL. It was a PLESANT conversation that we both had!!!

Kamakaze,.....C'mon here. Seriously?
IF this new version of your story is true, then you came here and framed the conversation in a way to make it seem like she was the only one that liked it and gave a crappy reason (to your sensibilities) for liking it. Even though you say you were 50 feet from a group that all liked it (according to the post you replied to). I was replying to your post and the way you worded/framed it, not your actual conversation which obviously I was not privy to.

Disstevefan1

The other thread which is basically a grieving site, it’s been buried in almost every form of social media to the point Disney took the video off Facebook and Zach Ridleys Instagram was blown up. I’m not talking just us Epcot purists but allot of fun of the mill Disney fans. This does not look good. As for me the beginning seemed promising, the ending was fantastic and belongs to a better show I think. I can’t see them maintaining this monstrosity. So much to break and go wrong. Besides every other complaint I don’t see how the shows going to go a full year without at least having a revised edition. I know there’s probably a thread although I haven’t found all but one that’s a grieving site l.
As for the hardware; the portal and the taco barges, YES, they are committed; they spent too much money on those ugly things.

As for the show content, if they feel they need to tweak it, they will.

ppete1975

they spent too much money, the barges arent going anywhere... now new video, new lighting, all very possible.. and if it happens prob way more IP. I hate to say it as a epcot purist id be ok with a world of color style show using the barges and water.
Give each country a few minutes show REAL video of the country and what it looks like and the people then throw in the IP sponsor for a few seconds at the end have all the countries together kind of a hands across america or old coke commercial.

so start in mexico show the beautiful country and the people and food then show donald flying around.. then next country

Cliff

IF this new version of your story is true, then you came here and framed the conversation in a way to make it seem like she was the only one that liked it and gave a crappy reason (to your sensibilities) for liking it. Even though you say you were 50 feet from a group that all liked it (according to the post you replied to). I was replying to your post and the way you worded/framed it, not your actual conversation which obviously I was not privy to.
I can only attest to my experience from the people around me. Other areas and other zones could be completely different. Again,...do you really think I would put anybody down if they liked this show? if so, that is downright silly. How would putting somebody down do anything good for "me"?

You would have to be a REALLY bad person to get some of pleasure out of that.

I want to engage with everybody who likes this show. I want to learn and understand those reasons. I RESPECT everybody's opinion fully.

Just because I dont like it does NOT mean I demand that you not like it too! It's so simple.

Nottamus

My wife and I (and half the world) loved Illuminations ROE.
She was upset when it ended.

I was like: “hey! They have Epcot forever. Should be ok”

she didn’t like it

I again was like: “Harmonious is coming in 2021! Going to be great! Supposed to have lasers and exploding things and a stargate”

From what I’ve read from viewers reviews-
i have a feeling her reaction will be “grrrrrrrrr”

Cliff

My wife and I (and half the world) loved Illuminations ROE.
She was upset when it ended.

I was like: “hey! They have Epcot forever. Should be ok”

she didn’t like it

I again was like: “Harmonious is coming in 2021! Going to be great! Supposed to have lasers and exploding things and a stargate”

From what I’ve read from viewers reviews-
i have a feeling her reaction will be “grrrrrrrrr”
I'll be the first to say, try to be as neutral as possible when you see it. For me 2min before the show, I was giddy with excitement. I was SUPER pumped up and ready for what I expected was going to be an awesome show. its quite possible that all my excitement got the best of me and that maybe I set the bar too high in my own mind. But hey, just hold judgement unill its over and then whatever you think about is whatever you think.

let the chips fall where they may...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
they spent too much money, the barges arent going anywhere... now new video, new lighting, all very possible.. and if it happens prob way more IP. I hate to say it as a epcot purist id be ok with a world of color style show using the barges and water.
Give each country a few minutes show REAL video of the country and what it looks like and the people then throw in the IP sponsor for a few seconds at the end have all the countries together kind of a hands across america or old coke commercial.

so start in mexico show the beautiful country and the people and food then show donald flying around.. then next country
I’d even be ok if they shortened Celebrate to 5 minutes and added other sections to the show. Maybe give Harmonious it’s own theme song to occupy the show, every show despite IP has an original theme song exclusive to the show. Gather and Unite are way to short. Remove the fireworks from Celebrate and have it all lights and imagery and save the fireworks for a lengthy end. It’s like having Reflections of Earth order take up 3 quarters of the show and add some fireworks to it. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE AWAY THAT DEPRESSING CREEPY DIALOGUE AT THE END.

Last edited:

graphite1326

Is Harmonious viewable from around the lagoon, or is it centered around one spot? If it's the latter, Epcot might take a dive on food and drink sales, which would be the biggest thing impacting the show's survivability.
First I would like to say, and I am probably in the minority, I really didn't like illuminations. I thought the "earth" part was boring. That being said I watched videos of the new show. Your question is the same one I had. What does it look like if you are not straight on to the barges? Maybe you are at France?

I wish they would get away from projections and do more fireworks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom