Will EO bring a new Imagination Pavilion?

WDW Vacationer

I really think they missed the boat in this...

The MJ craze is pretty much over...

They had a preview fir Jay in DL,if was set up fairly quick..

nepalostparks

I really think they missed the boat in this...

The MJ craze is pretty much over...

They had a preview fir Jay in DL,if was set up fairly quick..

Hasn't stopped Disney before. Think American Idol. I think they missed the boat on that one by about five years. But it's there :shrug:

As for bringing in Captain EO, if it was brought back for a short time (say a year or two at most), and if by bringing it back meant that the pavilion would get an honest, complete and total refurb, then I say it's a good thing.

But I wouldn't be suprised if they stick it in there "temporarily" and in 2015 we're writing in a thread called "Rumor: finally retiring Captain EO".

:rolleyes:

DisneyMusician2

EO -- I can still see it on YouTube anytime, and the first 5-7 minutes are paper thin. The pre-CGI effects are embarassing.

They would be better off putting in the Rancor scene from ROTJ in 3D instead.

With how easily studios are throwing together 3d movies these days, have Disney/Pixar add a 3d Figment movie already. Of you aren't willing to restore the glory of the original attraction, at least creat a 3D movie with the exact same story, Dreamfinder and all. I could not imagine it would cost more than 10 mil or maybe far less to throw it together. Then you get away without a huge ride rehab and bring back a classic.

I agree. The show was state-of-the-art in its time, but that time has LONG past. Let Disney come up with something different and big for the pavilion.

If they could avoid heavy CGI, it wouldn't upset me. A lot of CGI can look too fake, especially when they don't take careful time with it.

Figment632

An extremely cheesy and out dated 3D film is the last thing that Future World needs, imo EO was probaly the worst 3D film Disney has mad and I hope it is not coming back.

EPCOT Explorer

A refurb to the Imagination pavillion will happen with or with out EO.
Apparently, after months of rejecting the idea of EO, they are at least considering it. However, it is unrelated to the future plans for the pavillion, and would be a temporary move.
Right. I'm thinking that if the refurb does go ahead, this would bridge the way, so to speak?

Yuck. I hadn't thought about that. Of course, it's still speculation.

Steve>>
Nothing is official yet. It's merely being reconsidered right now. A month ago, this was dead.
Very dead! Quite cool how things change. Although it's only being considered AGAIN, I think that it's a pretty good sign.

If they do what I have heard the plans for JII calls for, EO could not be open when the ride closes b/c the theater will become part of the ride.
That might be out the window, already. Those plans were thought of a long time ago, might just be Blue Sky, and, might not take effect.

However, I love the idea, and think it really should be done.

_Scar

Yea here is a brilliant idea for DIsney why not make a new 3D film staring FIgment to tide people over until the JII overhaul happens?

Last night I thought about either a Muppet Labs dark ride with Figment going to 3D instead of dark ride. I clould also work with Muppets being 3D and Fig remaining dark ride.

Figment632

Last night I thought about either a Muppet Labs dark ride with Figment going to 3D instead of dark ride. I clould also work with Muppets being 3D and Fig remaining dark ride.

I would be against that the Muppets do not belong in Epcot they are fine in DHS. I beg Disney please no more exhisting character overlays at EC there are three other parks for that.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't see why people are thinking this is being brought back in terms of theme, here. It's not. While it clashes with the current theme, it's only done in tribute to MJ, and a way to make money. I don't deny that...seeing that it WILL draw a crowd. :wave: Think of it this way, if Walter Cronkite's narration and SETS were brought back to SSE to honor him, it would clash. But, would it be wrong? No. Sometimes theme is suspended, but not changed.

I bet that if he wasn't so controversial this would be widely accepted.

BigThunderMatt

The only good refurb to JII would be one that completely dismantles everything thats in there and they completely rebuild from scratch a ride that is an exact duplicate down to the last detail. I don't care if they have to go back to the original blueprints.

And while they're at it, refurb and reopen the old ImageWorks that are rotting away upstairs.

Thrill Seeker

I enjoyed EO back in the day and will be glad to see it's cheesyness again. I'd say it's better than HISTA anyday...

In terms of the refurb, it needs to happen. Imagination use to be one of the signature pavilions in Future World. Now, everyone passes it by because all it has is a badly outdated 3-D film and a poorly done crappy version of JII. There has been a recent marketing push for Dreamfinder, so I'd love to see him return in a re-imagined JII.

EPCOT Explorer

The only good refurb to JII would be one that completely dismantles everything thats in there and they completely rebuild from scratch a ride that is an exact duplicate down to the last detail. I don't care if they have to go back to the original blueprints.

And while they're at it, refurb and reopen the old ImageWorks that are rotting away upstairs.

Using modern tech, of course....:D A 21st century JII would be amazing.

I could see Disney bringing in EO on a temporary basis as they "re-imagine" the pavilion, on a transitional period basis, almost in honor of MJ, but I don't see it being a permanent addition, however i think they should look into turning WOL into a pavilion about music, and possibly having EO as a more permanent dedication to MJ. that would be interesting.

aladdin2007

I could see Disney bringing in EO on a temporary basis as they "re-imagine" the pavilion, on a transitional period basis, almost in honor of MJ, but I don't see it being a permanent addition, however i think they should look into turning WOL into a pavilion about music, and possibly having EO as a more permanent dedication to MJ. that would be interesting.

Music, now thats an interesting idea.

Slowjack

An extremely cheesy and out dated 3D film is the last thing that Future World needs, imo EO was probaly the worst 3D film Disney has mad[e] and I hope it is not coming back.

You're nuts. Ever seen "Magic Journeys"? It's like watching children drop acid. For that matter, EO is much better than the current dreck in that theater. Don't get me wrong, the in-theater effects are greatly advanced and well done, but that is all it is, a clothesline to hang effects on, with absolutely zero interest otherwise. EO, whether you personally like it or not, actually has a story and characters.

Figment632

You're nuts. Ever seen "Magic Journeys"? It's like watching children drop acid. For that matter, EO is much better than the current dreck in that theater. Don't get me wrong, the in-theater effects are greatly advanced and well done, but that is all it is, a clothesline to hang effects on, with absolutely zero interest otherwise. EO, whether you personally like it or not, actually has a story and characters.

I forgot about Magic but I still think EO was worse imo.

lebeau

For it's day, Eo had great effects and music. Everything else about it was mediocre at best. Today, it's a big, dated smelly piece of cheese that has no place in Future World. Nostalgia World? Sure. But keep Eo out of Future World.

I can't imagine the reaction of the average tourist who has no nostalgic connection whatsoever to Captain Eo. You'd be better off making a 3-D version of Thriller and showing that.

EPCOT Explorer

For it's day, Eo had great effects and music. Everything else about it was mediocre at best. Today, it's a big, dated smelly piece of cheese that has no place in Future World. Nostalgia World? Sure. But keep Eo out of Future World.

I can't imagine the reaction of the average tourist who has no nostalgic connection whatsoever to Captain Eo. You'd be better off making a 3-D version of Thriller and showing that.
But you said it yourself! Nostalgia!...for MJ, at least. Seeing that they want to pay tribute, this is a good fit, seeing that it IS (or once was) a part of EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom