Will EO bring a new Imagination Pavilion?

Figment632

but what happens after the show's temporary run?

this would give them an opening to replace it, as well as HISTA

I don't think anybody would argue the current Imagination is the most lacking of the FW pavilions, and hopefully they will realize an overhaul is long over-due

Well there are a lot of rumors that the building will be knocked down to make way for more ride space during the refurb :shrug:

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Well there are a lot of rumors that the building will be knocked down to make way for more ride space during the refurb :shrug:

Hmm I never heard that before, very interesting

Well if that's the case, then its quite a situation we have on our hands :hammer:

wserratore1963

I hope it happens
I think it will be a huge lift and I don't believe it die out.
It would take on a Mythical experience being that he is dead.

It could be the one place where you could always see MJ at this best - just my 2 cents worth

EPCOT Explorer

Just out of curiosity, what about it do you find fitting?

I see it as a cash grab. It won't fit in with the theme at all. It'll be who knows how many months after his death. And it's not like Jackson was ever really connected to the parks outside of Eo. They washed their hands of him for over a decade.

But they saw the returns on This Is It and wondered if they could cash in a little bit too. Sad.

And when I hear "temporary" all I hear is an excuse to do a half-a$$ job of things. Odds are they will make a mess of the pavillion and leave it that way until someone forces them to spend the money to fix it.

If anything, this will be an excuse not to give the pavillion the refurb it needs.

I see so little upside to the return of Captain Eo. I am really stunned by the number of people who seem to think it's a good idea. I can't believe Disney is even considering it!
He starred in the attraction, it's a fitting tribute to have him back. Yes, it's for money. Meh. I like it, you don't. No hard feelings....I'm done.:lol::wave:

Figment632

Hmm I never heard that before, very interesting

Well if that's the case, then its quite a situation we have on our hands :hammer:

Yea ist just a rumor and I don't think it is necessary because the last time they re did the ride they got rid of 65% of the Track and scenes.

I was also in the upstairs part of JII in August and they were testing some kind of projection system.

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Yea ist just a rumor and I don't think it is necessary because the last time they re did the ride they got rid of 65% of the Track and scenes.

I was also in the upstairs part of JII in August and they were testing some kind of projection system.

I guess only time will tell :shrug:

That's awesome that you were up there, how'd it look else wise?

lebeau

He starred in the attraction, it's a fitting tribute to have him back. Yes, it's for money. Meh. I like it, you don't. No hard feelings....I'm done.:lol::wave:

If they'd have switched over to Eo for a week or so right after he died, okay. But just cramming it into a pavillion many months later doesn't feel fitting at all. Especially if they don't theme the rest of the pavillion to match - which they won't.

It's not even that I don't like Eo. I thought it was fine for it's day. But really, the only thing it had going for it was that the in-house effects were cutting edge for the time. Now the only thing it has going for it is nostalgia. Try finding someone outside of Disney forums who is nostalgic for Captain Eo. Most Jackson fans aren't even familiar with it.

Disney shouldn't be about digging up old attractions to turn a quick buck. They should be creating great new attractions that future generations will feel nostalgic about someday.

If you want to do a tribute to Jackson, don't dig up a long dead attraction that was past its prime a decade ago. Make something new.

It's Future World for crying out loud!

Figment632

I don't know how I managed to miss that thread!

Awesome pictures! :D

Great to see its still largely intact

Yea I just couldn't believe that they left the Rainbow Corridor on all these years and how clean it was up there.

There was also a section walled off that said image and projection testing, do not enter, with 3 CM names on it. I didn't post pics because it had personal info about the CM's on it.

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Yea I just couldn't believe that they left the Rainbow Corridor on all these years and how clean it was up there.

There was also a section walled off that said image and projection testing, do not enter, with 3 CM names on it. I didn't post pics because it had personal info about the CM's on it.

Maybe that's where Walt's head is :lookaroun

:p

raven

I was up there early Wednesday morning and saw the walls as well. They've been there for a while but the CM names are no longer on it. It just says the area is under video watch. But I think the projection test doesn't have to do with the ride or post show. I think it might have something more to do with HISTA since the ops room for it is located directly across the hall and that area has had some heavy traffic lately.

Figment632

I was up there early Wednesday morning and saw the walls as well. They've been there for a while but the CM names are no longer on it. It just says the area is under video watch. But I think the projection test doesn't have to do with the ride or post show. I think it might have something more to do with HISTA since the ops room for it is located directly across the hall and that area has had some heavy traffic lately.

Yea I figured it was something for the theater but 2 of the three names were high level members of WDI.

b94ronman

I was upstairs of JII back in October for the undiscovered future world tour - just curious of how you got up there - I had to specifically ask to go up and the CM who took us up would not allow us to take any photos of the area - I was suprised of how much was still intact and saddened that it is pretty much "just left for dead". would love to see it opened again, but it would 100% need redone from the ground up as it is very outdated, but it brought back some cool memories.

EPCOT Explorer

If they'd have switched over to Eo for a week or so right after he died, okay. But just cramming it into a pavillion many months later doesn't feel fitting at all. Especially if they don't theme the rest of the pavillion to match - which they won't.

It's not even that I don't like Eo. I thought it was fine for it's day. But really, the only thing it had going for it was that the in-house effects were cutting edge for the time. Now the only thing it has going for it is nostalgia. Try finding someone outside of Disney forums who is nostalgic for Captain Eo. Most Jackson fans aren't even familiar with it.

Disney shouldn't be about digging up old attractions to turn a quick buck. They should be creating great new attractions that future generations will feel nostalgic about someday.

If you want to do a tribute to Jackson, don't dig up a long dead attraction that was past its prime a decade ago. Make something new.

It's Future World for crying out loud!

Seeing that you want to prolong this...:lol::rolleyes::lol:

I really think that you are overthinking it. Yes, it's FW, but at the same time, there is nothing FW about HISTA. At least this would draw crowds.

Something new? Havn't you seen that this would be a TEMPORARY fix, seeing that there are plans, and extensive ones to refurb the whole pavilion?

JEANYLASER

I love Captain Eo it's my favorite 3-D movie! I hope it's official! But! they need to refurb the whole JII with Figment and Dreamfinder and a new 3-D movie!

DarthGrady

I would be against that the Muppets do not belong in Epcot they are fine in DHS. I beg Disney please no more exhisting character overlays at EC there are three other parks for that.

Hallelujah!

Lord, if you love us and are listening, please don't let Muppets into EPCOT. I understand that you work in mysterious ways; and that you smiting us with Nemo, Ellen, and the Three Caballeros must in some way be part of your wondrous design. But please, don't saddle us with Muppets too. We adults can only take so much before going totally and irrevocably insane, and we are very near that mark.

Ok, now on to my point. I would absolutely love to see EO back at its proper home. Not just because it should have never left in the first place, but also because HISTA and the (lack of) Imagination Institute were the initial downfall of the pavilion. Getting that wretched piece of garbage out of there is, in my opinion, the first step in getting a proper JII back. Maybe, just maybe, after 12 long years we might actually get a decent sequel to what was the greatest dark ride ever built? Not the lobotomized drivel that is currently in there. Sadly bereft of anything that even remotely resembles IMAGINATION!

Figment632

Hallelujah!

Lord, if you love us and are listening, please don't let Muppets into EPCOT. I understand that you work in mysterious ways; and that you smiting us with Nemo, Ellen, and the Three Caballeros must in some way be part of your wondrous design. But please, don't saddle us with Muppets too. We adults can only take so much before going totally and irrevocably insane, and we are very near that mark. [QUOTE]

Amen Epcot should never be about the character even JII used to have a bigger theme than the character bit Figgy gets a pass because he was specifically designed for EC. NO MUPPETS IN EC!!!!! At the very most if they must come they could have something small in Innoventions.

EPCOT Explorer

Hallelujah!

Lord, if you love us and are listening, please don't let Muppets into EPCOT. I understand that you work in mysterious ways; and that you smiting us with Nemo, Ellen, and the Three Caballeros must in some way be part of your wondrous design. But please, don't saddle us with Muppets too. We adults can only take so much before going totally and irrevocably insane, and we are very near that mark.

Ok, now on to my point. I would absolutely love to see EO back at its proper home. Not just because it should have never left in the first place, but also because HISTA and the (lack of) Imagination Institute were the initial downfall of the pavilion. Getting that wretched piece of garbage out of there is, in my opinion, the first step in getting a proper JII back. Maybe, just maybe, after 12 long years we might actually get a decent sequel to what was the greatest dark ride ever built? Not the lobotomized drivel that is currently in there. Sadly bereft of anything that even remotely resembles IMAGINATION!
Oh, that was definitely the best post in this thread.:lol::sohappy:

Welcome back, Grady!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom