Will Dubai one day replace Orlando as the world's #1 theme park city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well if it doesn't, it wouldn't be for lack of trying...

I think it is quite possible that could happen, if everything works the way they plan, its going to be nearly impossible to beat.

They won't however get Americans to visit in large numbers I don't think.

From a European point of view I think it will do very well. From England (about as far away as you get in Europe) it takes about 5 hours to fly there. It takes us about 8 to fly to Florida. Hot sunny weather guaranteed (and a dry heat). It would make a great Autumn, Winter, Spring holiday (Summer would be rather too hot!). It will probably have a detrimental effect on Disneyland Resort Paris though.

Fun2BFree

I dunno... Dubailand actually looks too ambitious to pose a serious threat.

Regardless of how much money is put behind it though, I'll still love Disney more because of their superior work-ethic and charm... and as the Beatles have taught us, money can't buy you love. :D

SewIn2Disney

is it just me, or did they use promotional disney clips in there?

looks pretty cool, but if you don't have the characters and walt to relate to at home, I just don't see it being as magical. It looks very nice and fun, but not something that would keep me heading to message boards and fan sites for a daily fix.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well if it doesn't, it wouldn't be for lack of trying...

I think it is quite possible that could happen, if everything works the way they plan, its going to be nearly impossible to beat.

They won't however get Americans to visit in large numbers I don't think.

I have to agree with you on the American tourist dollar.

I believe that overseas travel is too expensive for the average American family to be making a large impact on Dubailand.

Plus, I think that too many Americans are still afraid to travel to the Middle East.

lilclerk

That video makes it look like WDW, Universal, Sea World and Jurassic Park rolled into one.
Sounds good. :p

MicheleK

I hope so, that way WDW won't be crowded when I'm there.

I'm with you! :) Don't get me wrong, it looks like it would be a lot of fun. I (for one American) would not travel to the middle east, sorry. And I can't see that changing for me.

We have traveled many places and always return "home" to Disney. To my kids and I that's a true vacation! :wave:

dolbyman

it's not about building the best and tallest rollercoasters .. disney has the magic .. nothing you can build (at least not that easy)

EPCOT Explorer

it's not about building the best and tallest rollercoasters .. disney has the magic .. nothing you can build (at least not that easy)

So true,Dolby.Disney has real magic there.There is no place in the ENTIRE world that can replicate the feeling that Disney gives me.That's why I'm so anti-universal/any other theme park.They try hard but they don't even come close to what Disney does because only Disney can do it-and do it right.

eroyee

It looks allright I guess, but not somewhere I would want to go. will probably do well where its at, though. I saw a lot of things that copied disney in the video. I dont think its a threat to WDW here at all..........

krankenstein

Is it just me or did it look like they copied what Disney World actually became and what Walt Disney envisioned for Disney World, put them together and called it DubaiLand?

It looks nice, but I don't think they will be able to pull off all they have envisioned. Especially since they have started signing Universal and Six Flags to build the theme parks. Those companies along with the other American Entertainment Companies they have signed will just build another version of what we already have here in the USA.

MuRkErY

There will no doubt be a lot of money behind this project.

How-ever it seems to lack any real imagination, or soul. It seem's they have just taken as many ideas as they can think of, and put a world at the end of it, Golf world, Racing world, Snow world, Water world etc...

The theming it's self looks decidedly Las Vegas, pretty tacky tbh, no real thought behind it, just a "Well this is Egypt so we will build lots of really big Pyramids" from a few of the concepts shown anyway.

I do not think it will match the artistic quality of parks such as Disneyland, EPCOT, Disneyland Paris, Animal Kingdom, and Tokyo DisneySea.

What it lacks in Artistic quality though it makes up for in variety. I for one would never choose Dubailand (As it looks from the concepts anyway) over a true Disney theme park (I'm looking at you DCA and DSP). How-ever I'm quite an artistic minded person, so we will have to see how the rest of the public think in relation to this.

I cant see it over-taking Disney though, Disney just has too much history, and nostalgia built up in the collective consciousness of the public.

futurecastmembr

I can't believe my eyes! Did you not see all those clips stolen from Disney and Universal in that video!?! Is that even legal? The whole thing sounds extremely unoriginal to me, everthing they're trying to do has already been done, they're just putting them all together on a huge scale. Psh, I'll stick with Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom