Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

RobWDW1971

I work a receptionist job and I can tell you that our older clients are the ones panicked and mass canceling appointments and the young people are the ones jumping at the chance to get into our clinic. I guess it all just depends on how you are actually willing to view things. Don't forget us young people actually using social distancing is keeping the old people from potentially being hospitalized. Just keep on thinking young people will end us all. It's a fun Outlook to have! Have your self a wonderful day!
Why are young people jumping to get into a clinic?

thenerdbaker

Why are young people jumping to get into a clinic?
We are the only animal ophthalmology clinic in the Seattle area and we are booked six months in advance for appointments. We treat a wide variety of animals and our doctor goes and does work at the zoo and other wildlife establishments.

RobWDW1971

We are the only animal ophthalmology clinic in the Seattle area and we are booked six months in advance for appointments. We treat a wide variety of animals and our doctor goes and does work at the zoo and other wildlife establishments.
So your point is that young people are bringing their animal into a clinic is evidence that they are not concerned about the virus? OK.

thenerdbaker

I'm assuming Seattle will get told tonight or in the morning that the bars and such need to shut down. Im really starting to wonder if I'm going to be stuck at home not able to work in the next week. Bye bye money I saved for a week long Disney trip in September. I just hope we can all bounce back from all of this and be stronger. If you are able to help those who might not be able to go out please do so. We are all in this together!

socalifornian

I'm assuming Seattle will get told tonight or in the morning that the bars and such need to shut down. Im really starting to wonder if I'm going to be stuck at home not able to work in the next week. Bye bye money I saved for a week long Disney trip in September. I just hope we can all bounce back from all of this and be stronger. If you are able to help those who might not be able to go out please do so. We are all in this together!
NYCs turn was tonight

>>New York City Movie Theaters Ordered to Close Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

The order also includes nightclubs, small theater houses and concert venues. The closures will take effect at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
https://apple.news/Ay2r4HFMhRvibyrlOov7hqw

smooch

The CDC just announced that folks should not have gatherings of 50 or more for 8 weeks, aka mid-May.

Looks like a long closure.

Dang I have a smaller concert on May 19th I was hoping to attend. The 19th is technically past the 8 week window, but I guess we'll wait and see. It's a small band at a small venue, so it's nothing like Coachella getting cancelled and the band has claimed they still plan on doing their US tour since it doesn't start for a bit, but I am just waiting to get an email saying the event has been cancelled / moved to a later date. If the concert was right now there's no way I would be arguing that I want to go, but I am hoping that since it is over 2 months away that we would have less restrictions by then but I'm not holding my breath because I know this could potentially take a long time.

George Lucas on a Bench

download.jpeg

TP2000

Original Poster
The CDC just announced that folks should not have gatherings of 50 or more for 8 weeks, aka mid-May.

Looks like a long closure.

Yes, it looks like Disneyland won't be open for several months.

Thank God that President Trump banned travel from China six weeks ago, or this outbreak would have been many times worse and more widespread by now in the USA. If we hadn't banned travel from China, California would be like Italy is today, with over 1,800 people dead already in Italy. Hundreds more dead reported in France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc. Instead, California has only had six deaths so far, thank goodness.

I only hope the travel ban from Europe last week wasn't too late. Although I question why we still have an open border with Canada, especially since the Canadians have not yet banned travel from China or Europe. But I imagine we'll close the border with Canada sometime later this week.

But the CDC announcement tonight doesn't seem to allow Disneyland or WDW to open until the middle of May at the earliest. I had figured last week that the two week statement from Disney was bunk, but I didn't want to stir panic last week and mention that. The cat is out of the bag now, and Disneyland will likely be closed for months.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster

Well, there goes Downtown Disney. Governor Newsom closed all bars in California today too, so I assume Uva Bar can't operate, nor can the bars at Naples, Catal, etc. I guess you could order a cocktail delivered to your table still, but I'm sure Downtown Disney will be closed entirely by the end of this week.

I bet they'll still have CM's in the toll booths charging for parking, though. :cool:

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Our governor (OR) is making her decision/announcement tomorrow about restaurants. Tomorrow is likely the last time I’ll be going into the office for months. : o

I don't understand the restaurant thing. But then I don't understand the bath tissue stampedes either, so maybe closing restaurants is the State Governor version of running down the aisle at Target to get the last 12 pack of Charmin?

Restaurants are already some of the cleanest places in society, at least in this country where we have such high standards for cleanliness and heavy government oversight of restaurants in general.

I guess I could understand closing bars, because you are literally shoulder to shoulder at the bar. And table seating in bars and clubs is spaced closer and tighter than it is in restaurants, especially if the floor show is good that night.

But closing your average Wendy's or Applebee's or Morton's Steakhouse or mom n' pop pizza parlor? That makes no sense to me, at least from what we understand of this virus so far and how it effects people. And it's a decision that would seem to only make the panic at supermarkets worse, since food choices were just restricted further.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I don't understand the restaurant thing. But then I don't understand the bath tissue stampedes either, so maybe closing restaurants is the State Governor version of running down the aisle at Target to get the last 12 pack of Charmin?

Restaurants are already some of the cleanest places in society, at least in this country where we have such high standards for cleanliness and heavy government oversight of restaurants in general.

I guess I could understand closing bars, because you are literally shoulder to shoulder at the bar, which is why they call it a "bar". And table seating in bars and clubs is spaced closer and tighter than it is in restaurants, especially if the floor show is good that night.

But closing your average Wendy's or Applebee's or Morton's Steakhouse or mom n' pop pizza parlor? That makes no sense to me, at least from what we understand of this virus so far and how it effects people.

Omg, I just realized that my kids are likely going to be out of school till summer. How the heck is this going to work!?

And as for restaurants, If they were closing the delivery and drive through options too, I could see them not wanting potentially sick people preparing food for potentially hundreds of people a day, but if drive through and delivery is still an option, they’ll be doing that anyway.

SoCalMort

Don't recall seeing this posted elsewhere but just a little bit ago along with ordering the closure of bars, gyms, nightclubs, and such Mayor Garcetti also announced a moratorium on evictions for renters, telling Angelenos that they won’t lose their housing during the crisis “because you can’t make the rent,” and that he has asked the city attorney to look into whether the city can stop commercial evictions.

Edit: bold to highlight

SoCalMort

...I could see them not wanting potentially sick people preparing food for potentially hundreds of people a day, but if drive through and delivery is still an option, they’ll be doing that anyway.

It's not sick food prep employees. It is the customers gathering together. Folks, I think we're going to have to get ready for regions of the USA going full New Rochelle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom