Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

DrAlice

-Will more people turn into couch potatoes and sit in front of their tv? Will this boost streaming Services member count as an alternative to going out or will it hurt it because of budget concerns while not working?
I've had so many of the same thoughts that you've shared. As to streaming.... you are on to something here.

Both parents are working from home and now the kids are off of school. How do you keep the kids from bugging you while you are trying to work? You stick them in front of the streaming device so they'll just please, for the love of all that is holy, be quiet for 5 minutes so I can hear myself think! :)

Also, our kid was sent home with online homework. I foresee households fighting over the WiFi. Will there be people upgrading their internet service to cope?

DrAlice

ok now we are friends :)

I always tell everyone to stay away from white chocolate not good its got like 97% sugar and only about 1% cocoa butter and milk solids so technically it is really not chocolate.

and dark chocolate is Soooo good when it is used as a topping on a freshly made waffle while standing in the main center of Brugge

View attachment 455991

Damn it corona virus!! no travel this Spring for me 😣
This. All of this. White chocolate is NOT chocolate. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Just sayin...

I'd add that the warm chocolate fountain at the museum of chocolate in Brussels is lovely too. :)

wityblack

I know this is gonna put a huge financial strain on every business, Disney is sure to suffer. I heard a number of 40 million dollars lost for the 1.5 day closure because of Hurricane Matthew. So I can only imagine the extent of this. It is much too early to know much, but how much change can we expect in the parks when they open back up? And how much will be cancelled? I'd rather things be postponed until they have the money, but is it fair to expect that all announced projects that haven't started construction will be shelved? I mean, we heard that much was frozen when two parks were shut down, so I imagine that those cuts are only the tip of the iceberg. The entire gig economy won't be able to afford to go to the parks when they open back up, I'm sure everyone will be cutting corners, and vacations and merchandise are the first to go. It seems like Disney and other theme parks are going to suffer more than we've every seen before (or is that just hyperbole?)

Darkbeer1

I know this is gonna put a huge financial strain on every business, Disney is sure to suffer. I heard a number of 40 million dollars lost for the 1.5 day closure because of Hurricane Matthew. So I can only imagine the extent of this. It is much too early to know much, but how much change can we expect in the parks when they open back up? And how much will be cancelled? I'd rather things be postponed until they have the money, but is it fair to expect that all announced projects that haven't started construction will be shelved? I mean, we heard that much was frozen when two parks were shut down, so I imagine that those cuts are only the tip of the iceberg. The entire gig economy won't be able to afford to go to the parks when they open back up, I'm sure everyone will be cutting corners, and vacations and merchandise are the first to go. It seems like Disney and other theme parks are going to suffer more than we've every seen before (or is that just hyperbole?)

Everyone in Anaheim is strapped in for a very rough ride.

I can presume that info will be leaking out on a regular basis.

Let me just say, when Disney is ready to re-open, based on their business model, just like a movie premiere, that a big blitz will happen to try and drive folks to visit. That might be Avengers Campus's opening, or something else, depending on how long this hiatus lasts.

That said, well, yes, budgets will have to be followed.

I recommend following Sports news, as I predict that when they get ready for events with fans, you will see Theme/Amusement parks re-opening around the same time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Everyone in Anaheim is strapped in for a very rough ride.

I can presume that info will be leaking out on a regular basis.

Let me just say, when Disney is ready to re-open, based on their business model, just like a movie premiere, that a big blitz will happen to try and drive folks to visit. That might be Avengers Campus's opening, or something else, depending on how long this hiatus lasts.

That said, well, yes, budgets will have to be followed.

I recommend following Sports news, as I predict that when they get ready for events with fans, you will see Theme/Amusement parks re-opening around the same time.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this closure lasts into April and beginning of May, they move up Avengers Campus to open shortly after they reopen DLR.

TP2000

Original Poster
My exam was just cancelled. Spent the better part of 9 months studying daily for it.
Forced study break. I'll spin back up again a month out from the test. No point in studying in perpetuity. I need to find new hobbies again!

Good for you for keeping a sane head on your shoulders! I'm a big proponent of time off and decompression. Take a month, do everything fun. Go to the beach. Go for a daily walk listening to your favorite music. Read a book you've always put off reading. Try a new recipe. Clean out your closet to Classical music. Take that ugly brown end table next to your couch and paint it in your favorite color.

Next weekend, have friends over to play Scrabble or Monopoly or Poker while you all drink wine, but the rule is everyone has to put their iPhone in a basket at the front door and not look at it for the entire evening.
No cheating! (On the phone rule, cheating on Scrabble or Monopoly is fine. Cheating on Poker is also fine, so long as you aren't in Las Vegas.)

Then a month out from your test, study like hell and kick butt on that exam!

Last edited:

smooch

I can agree I have gone to get fast food after class a lot this week and was planning on getting Chick Fil A breakfast tomorrow morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom