Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
TP2000 I occasionally use Amazon with Whole Foods in my area. It costs me a $5.00 tip but really its like a 40 minutes driving to closest one there and back so it really is amazing when it appears at selected time slot on my front porch, and only ONCE later on did I spot the delivery person....had suspected it was a drone!;) I have not ventured into perishable items much, especially meat...but did experiment get a organicgirl packaged salad last week and it was in good shape!
Image result for organicgirl butter plus
Think its a good job opportunity for people in this environment, personal shopper who just puts bags on porch with no interaction. Sounds like you have good plans for repurposing your time! :cool:It's a good thing!:happy:

TP2000

Original Poster
TP2000 I occasionally use Amazon with Whole Foods in my area. It costs me a $5.00 tip but really its like a 40 minutes driving to closest one there and back so it really is amazing when it appears at selected time slot on my front porch, and only ONCE later on did I spot the delivery person....had suspected it was a drone!;) I have not ventured into perishable items much, especially meat...but did experiment get a organicgirl packaged salad last week and it was in good shape!View attachment 455975 Think its a good job opportunity for people in this environment, personal shopper who just puts bags on porch with no interaction. Sounds like you have good plans for repurposing your time! :cool:It's a good thing!:happy:

Thank you, I'm going to give it a try!

I would be willing to let Amazon Fresh deliver milk, eggs, butter, bread, basic fruits and veggies, bottled and canned goods, cleaning products, etc. This could be a game changer for me.

I take my steaks and meats seriously, so I generally go to The Butchery in Brea for those staples.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thank you, I'm going to give it a try!

I would be willing to let Amazon Fresh deliver milk, eggs, butter, bread, basic fruits and veggies, bottled and canned goods, cleaning products, etc. This could be a game changer for me.

I take my steaks and meats seriously, so I generally go to The Butchery in Brea for those staples.

Oh I wish i had that local 😍....I am still suffering withdrawal from the ultimate meat counter in the area that had a whole staff of authentic butchers and carcasses hanging visitble in the back to boot! It closed over 10 years ago and I still bemoan it's loss...almost weekly. I guess I am happy with veggie food 1/2 the time but good meat is hard to find on a consistent basis.🧐 I love that you can select your free delivery time window…..you can even pay to have it asap! Just be sure to mark no substitutes if you are particular.....😉

Darkbeer1

The President of the United States will be declaring a National State of Emergency at Noon PDT.

That will carry the Stafford Act authority of emergency policies.

So we will know more in three hours.

D

Deleted member 107043

The President of the United States will be declaring a National State of Emergency at Noon PDT.

That will carry the Stafford Act authority of emergency policies.

So we will know more in three hours.

So the same person who shrugged and said just a few weeks ago that corona virus was a hoax has done a complete 180 and is about to make this dramatic announcement? No wonder there's so much public confusion and skepticism about the virus.

Ismael Flores

Ha! No, you misunderstand.....I selfishly removed it for self consumption personal stash.... ;) 🍫
Edit to disclaim that white chocolate has no nutritional value.....:joyfull:

ok now we are friends :)

I always tell everyone to stay away from white chocolate not good its got like 97% sugar and only about 1% cocoa butter and milk solids so technically it is really not chocolate.

and dark chocolate is Soooo good when it is used as a topping on a freshly made waffle while standing in the main center of Brugge

IMG_9795r2.jpg

Damn it corona virus!! no travel this Spring for me 😣

MrPromey

For those that don't understand the point of closing the parks when they are saying that mass exposure and infection is already inevitable, this article, I think, does a good job of explaining what Disney and others are attempting to accomplish:

For people with plans or incomes being impacted, it absolutely sucks but what Disney and others are doing really is a public service (I'm posting this to the world thread, too)

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
So mods cherry pick factual controversial posts to remove without explanation here? Possibly after you hysterical persons are reporting them. Not very welcoming or democratic. I know it is their forum ultimately but yikes.

👎

A post that gave "facts" but with no source was removed. If you care to include the source you could try posting it again - as long as your figures are from a reliable source.

We're just trying to control the spread of misinformation.

As far as deleting posts, This is a Disney forum:

choco choco

- come 2021 will we see a boom in child birth? Will people finally have more time for bedroom entertainment, since everything is closing?

I think when there is a ginormous economic recession and a freak virus pandemic going on and the health care system nearly collapses in exhaustion, that it is just about the worst time to have a baby.

Use birth control everyone.

TROR

My college is making an announcement this evening. I’m expecting to be sent home, but I’m just amazed we’ve held out this long.

Mac Tonight

Yes. It will suffer.

You know though, I gotta say... a small piece of my heart kinda feels for Bob Jr. right now.
The guy is weeks... weeks... into his new promotion as CEO and his first order of business is: a) dealing with every single theme park being indefinitely closed, b) implementing the decision that all studio employees should work from home, c) handling the mess of countless productions being shut down, and d) somehow wading through out the untold financial impact of it all.

Trial by fire to say the least.
This will either cement him as a competent choice, or it will utterly break him.

Last edited:

Sailor310

After hearing about TP's run in with the housewives of Orange County, I waited to go to Ralphs til about 8:30. It wasn't crowded at all,...but the shelves were picked clean....water, bread, soup, paper goods, cleaners, even bananas. I've never seen a store so picked-over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom