Wilderness Lodge

Trinity

Hey Everybody, Just signed up and thought I would post a question. Going to DW November and cant decide if we should spend the money on Wilderness Lodge or just stay in a budget property. We keep going back and forth because how much time do you really spend in your room anyway. So should we splurge and stay in the wilderness lodge? We are not going with kids if that makes a difference in where we should stay.
:sohappy:

jaimjaim25

Jedi...

The other hotels I've stayed at were also really great, but there is something about the Wilderness Lodge that I absolutely love! From the lobby, there is a stream that seems to appear from nowhere, there;s a little wooden covered bridge over it.. then it flows outside to a bigger stream, THEN it flows into the pool! and THEN it seems to flow out into the 7 seas lagoon! Very cool! the pool is shaped very rugged , almost looking like a natural lake, with rocks around it. It's in a good location, there is a bus or boat to the Magic Kingdom, which is really nice. The atmosphere is great. Very beautifully deisgned.

I'm all about themes when i go to disney :) and the Wilderness Lodge is themed beautifully. also, to get discounts on ALL of Disney, go to http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#codes

they advertise CODES for each hotel at a great and unvelievable discount. I think the wilderness is $139 a night.. make sure u call the 407-WDISNEY # to book with these codes... Ive used them many times and saved ALOT of $$! Good luck!

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

actually, i just looked at the new codes and the Wilderness Lodge is $119 a night!!!! Coming from NJ where I go to AC and the shore alot, that is about $100 cheaper than staying in Wildwood, NJ or Atlantic City!!! Amazing!

Upvote 0

MattsCath

Disney Club steal

I made a res for Nov 4-8 at the Wilderness Lodge after I priced the difference btw the Moderates versus the Deluxe. The difference turned out to be 80.00 total ... which in my humble opinion, the atmosphere, theming, jacuzzis, fireplace, and access to MK are definitely worth it!

(*This is after my bf's work trip was cancelled 6 DAYS before we were supposed to arrive in WDW!! I guess some things happen for a reason.)

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Thanks for the tip, we've got reservations for 11/30 - 12/7 but we're paying 150 a night for a courtyard view. I'll have to check mousesavers and make another phone call to see if we can get a cheaper price.

I'm looking forward to the themeing too. That's the reason we love Disney hotels. From Dixie Landings to the All-stars, its all about the theme. We can stay in a boring old hotel anytime, in any city, but there's only one place to enjoy Disney World Magic. So WL is next on the list. I"ve heard a lot of great things about it, and the more I hear, the more I get excited!!!

Upvote 0

copper

I'm also staying at the Wilderness Lodge Nov 3-8. I booked day's after the new codes came out and could only get a courtyard view room for $139 ($154 with tax) all the $119 standard rooms were gone. My sister booked the morning the codes came out and got the $119 rate but tried to add an extra day and only courtyard views were available. Moral to the story, book ASAP!
On a different note, has any one ever stayed in connecting courtyard view rooms? My kids would love to stay in the bunkbed room; does any one know if these rooms are connecting?

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Ha! Copper, that's the same thing that happened to me. Our dates are a little different, but it the same story. The 119 room would have been a little easier on the wallet.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

well... getting a room for $139 is still VERY GOOD! I remmeber the days I used to go to Disney World not knowing about the codes and deals and would spend over $200 a night.

I stayed in a dump hotel room in Wildwood, NJ and it was literally way over $200 a night. And Wildwood can never compare to Disney world..

$139 is a steal

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Oh, don't get me wrong, 139 for a courtyard room at WL is a great deal. Its just one of those things, if you could have gotten it cheaper.......
A friend of mine and I talk about this all the time. We'll keep our eyes out for flights and try to save every penny or he'll figure out a way to get every second out of a 5-day pass (I've got an annual pass:D ) or find a rental car that's $5 cheaper. Before we go, its 'pinch every penny'
But when we get there... its spend spend spend!!!

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

:lol: yeah, same here! sometimes i'll say something, or something will come out in a certain tone, and i'll be like 'omg! i sound like my mom!' lol! it's terrible! it's like the more i try to stay away from that, the more i sound like her!

i know it! same here! my sister has her own camera, so she's off taking her pictures, i kinda overtook my parents' camera, so i'm taking pictures with it (usually the same time my sis is taking pics, so sometimes we'll have pics that look almost the same) and then there's my dad filming with his camera....and he's a detail person, so me, my mom, and my sis will be walking somewhere, and we'll turn around wondering where dad is, and then we see him like 100 ft behind us filming decorative trimming on a building or something!:lol: oh, and he has this thing where he'll film all around the inside of a store just so then he can say he owns everything in it :lol:

thanks for the tip on Cedar Point, but....i'm not THAT into heights! lol! i only like them if i'm standing/sitting still...not falling down them! :animwink:

absolutely! we'll do that! maybe we can sit something up before the time comes! :) so do you know what time you usually arrive? for us, we leave at around 6pm or so, drive straight through, and usually end up at our hotel at 9am the next morning. that's our usual plan, though we've left different times and such. i think we're gonna try leaving later at night this time so we can get at our hotel closer to check-in time (it's horrible to drive 13 hours then have to wait 3 or 4 more for a room!) but anyway, that's beside the point. i hope to see you there! :)

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
You really can't go wrong staying at the Wilderness Lodge. My family and I stayed there on our last visit back in September '01. It has a warm, inviting, interesting presence that strikes you the moment you enter the enormous lobby. The whole resort has a very cozy feel about it. The design and detail is quite impressive, but then again, it always is at Disney. The pool was a bit small, and the wait at the bus and boat stops was a bit longer than I liked, but those are the only drawbacks I could think of. I mainly ate that the Roaring' Fork counter-service restaurant and had a fine experience there. I wish the resort was on the monorail line, that would make it the perfect place for me. I plan on trying out some of the other Disney resorts, but I know that I'll always have a great time when I stay at the WL again.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Ha! Taking video inside the stores, now there's something I've never thought of. Actually we don't have much video cause I'm too busy taking pictures. But I'm sure we'll be taking more as my daughter gets older.

Oh, gotcha. I love all kinds of heights. If someone assured me I wouldn't end up a big splat, I'd love to try skydiving. But with a little one, I've got to keep my risk factor down. /sigh/

Well, as it stands right now, we won't be landing until around 530 on the 30th. We usually take the early flight out, but it was booked, so now we won't be getting in until later. If we're able to, we'll go to Epcot that night, but if we can't, we'll to on Sunday. That's usually the only thing we ever plan. We go to Epcot first. Cool, as we get closer, maybe we can work something out.

Wow a 13 hour drive, that's got to be tough on the way home.

YankeeFan
Thanks for the positive review. The more I hear about the bus times, the more nervous I get though. I really don't want to be spending 30-40 minutes in a bus stop. And for whatever reason my wife doesn't want to rent a car.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
$139 is a steal

Yes $139 is a steal but not after the 11% FL state tourist tax plus 6% FL state sales tax and all of the fees.
Yes 139 is a great deal, just keep in mind that 139 is the base rate per night befor taxes and fees.
For my WL trip this month each night (courtyard view) came to about $170 a night.

Oh yeah I cant wait. LOL.

?****QUESTION******?

What is the best floor to stay on for courtyard view?

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Just so happens that my wife called last night and we were able to switch to standard view room and get the AP discount instead of the disc from mousesavers, so now we're paying even less!! I'm all for having a nice room and stuff, but if I can save a little cash, that's more money for popcorn, ice cream and souviners (sp?)!!

So now I have to ask:
What's the best spot to be with a standard room. I remember talking about the left side and being able to see the fireworks at MK. Do I have that right?

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

Yes, I know that doesnt include taxes, but still. I'd much rather spend my hard working money on something unforgettable, than staying in a Holiday Inn.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
Yes, I know that doesnt include taxes, but still. I'd much rather spend my hard working money on something unforgettable, than staying in a Holiday Inn.

I think that they still charge 11% at the Holiday Inn. So no matter where you stay in FL you will still pay it. Plus the sales tax and their own fees. and I agree I would rather paly a little more for a Disney room.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

I agree, we would much rather spend the money and stay at a disney resort. But for us there's a certain point where we decide we rather spend the money in the parks. I guess that's why we'll never stay at a really expensive suite or something. We pay enough to experience something new and exciting and then spend the rest of things we can take home (or eat!!!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom