Wilderness Lodge

Trinity

Hey Everybody, Just signed up and thought I would post a question. Going to DW November and cant decide if we should spend the money on Wilderness Lodge or just stay in a budget property. We keep going back and forth because how much time do you really spend in your room anyway. So should we splurge and stay in the wilderness lodge? We are not going with kids if that makes a difference in where we should stay.
:sohappy:

Terp02

How long are you staying? This matters since the longer the stay the more you'll be at the hotel. Also what kind of budget lodging were u thinking of? Are you planning on renting a car? Sorry for so many questions but they matter in the type of decision u make.

Upvote 0

Trinity

Original Poster
Also Josh, we are not worried about the price just dont know if we should spend our money elsewhere by staying in a budget property.

Upvote 0

monorail256

Originally posted by Trinity
Hey Everybody, Just signed up and thought I would post a question. Going to DW November and cant decide if we should spend the money on Wilderness Lodge or just stay in a budget property. We keep going back and forth because how much time do you really spend in your room anyway. So should we splurge and stay in the wilderness lodge? We are not going with kids if that makes a difference in where we should stay.

...If I was an adult and had the choice of making the decision of staying at the Wilderness Lodge or a budget "All-Star" resort.. I would definately pick the Wilderness Lodge.. and not only because it is more expensive.. but the themeing over all is just magnificant.. not saying that the themeing at the all stars is bad but.. I dont know its just so much more .. nice and laid back. Pool with a slide.. ahhh .. :)

Upvote 0

Cricket2713

Normally I tend to look for the best hotel for the least amount of money. But when it comes to Disney I gladly fork over the extra $ for the WL. The first time I saw the resort I was going there for breakfast. On that trip I stayed at the CBR because it was cheaper. While nice it comes no where near the atmosphere WL has.
If money isn't an object stay at the WL. IMO it just can't be beat.

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

Well, I love the WL, it is comfortable, it has great theming and all in all it was just a wonderful experience. I would much rather stay there than at a budget hotel but that's only my opinion :D

Upvote 0

arstogas

ESPECIALLY if you're not going with kids, stay at the Wilderness. And at night, take your partner on a nice stroll down the dock to the end... it's peaceful and romantic, and you can sit out on the dock as long as you want, staring at the stars and the dark water... Very few people take advantage of this, but it's sublime.

The jacuzzis are great too. Make sure to try to get a room with a good view of Bay Lake.

There's also some fireplaces with couches on two floors above the lobby. A great place to sit and reflect and spoon.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Trinity

Once a long time ago, my DH and I were visiting the World and someone asked us "how much time do you really spend in your room anyway?" We went w/ a budget resort and it was AWFUL! We have also stayed in WL, and while the rooms are a smidge small, the theming is FABULOUS! IMHO, go for it!!!

Upvote 0

Debbie

I would definitely try the Wilderness Lodge. I know I am if I get to go in December. I feel we do spend more time in our room since it is off season and the park hours can be shorter. Sometimes we are back in our room for 7pm. Then we like to grab the ice chest and head to the pool and stay there until 11 or so. Since I see that you are coming from Alaska, I would treat myself for coming halfway around the world to go to WDW!
BTW- My sister married a guy last week and his son came in form Anchorage for the summer-----he is in the air almost all day to get here.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

If you are looking for something more in the middle, consider the old DL (now PO R). It has great themeing, is very romantic and is still a mod resort. Just my 2 cents. If it is truely between only WL and All Stars, go for WL. No mater how little time you spend in the room, the resorts are much more then hotel rooms and color your whole stay. Staying at WDW is what makes it fun and different then any other vacation!

Upvote 0

Worldphile

My wife and I enjoy the WL immensely when we go.

Artist Point is a fantastic restaurant for you two to have nice quiet dinner together.

Also, we usually go in December, so after the parks close, we get hot chocalte from the snack bar and sit in the lobby by the fireplace. It is a nice way to relax after a day in the parks.

Along that same line of thought, WL has two hot tubs by the pool which can help invigorate your tired legs and get you ready for the next day's adventure.

Finally, if you like to get a room with a king bed when you travel, those are much easier to come by in the deluxe resorts. At many of the moderate and almost all ofthe vlaue resorts, the rooms are designed with families in mind and come with two queens or a queen and a couple of bunk beds.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Two things here:

We have also stayed in WL, and while the rooms are a smidge small,...

The rooms at the WL are the smallest of the deluxe resorts, but are the same size as the moderates. They are much bigger than the All-Stars rooms. The deluxe resorts have queen beds, as opposed to the doubles in value and moderates.

You are coming from Alaska, and I'm thinking you will find the decor very familiar--tall pine trees, rustic wood, totem poles, etc.
The thing about WL is that except for the heat and humidity, you do not realize you are in Florida. There is not a palm tree on the site.

I'm wondering if you'd rather try something with a different theme--perhaps the tropical ambience of Caribbean Beach or Polynesian?

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Sorry, cymbaldiva--when I re-read my post it sounded a bit snotty.

I didn't mean it to sound that way.

If you knew me, you would know that I have very little to be snotty about......

You are right--the WL has the smallest rooms of the deluxes, but here's what I like--also the smallest price tag!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

All right guys lets see if I can throw in a curve ball here. Mom and I are going to Disney in either Oct or Dec (hopefully both but family obligations may interfere. If you had to choose betweem the Port Orelans Riverside, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, which would you choose?? Not a romantic trip I love Mom but not like that and I Am 37 for informational purposes.

Upvote 0

roysta123

Definitelty either the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge
I personally prefer the Wilderness Lodge because you can take a boat right to MK and then the monorail to EPCOT. Animal Kingdom Lodge is really nice with the savana views and all but it is really far from everything accept AK.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Sorry, cymbaldiva--when I re-read my post it sounded a bit snotty.

I didn't mean it to sound that way.

If you knew me, you would know that I have very little to be snotty about......

You are right--the WL has the smallest rooms of the deluxes, but here's what I like--also the smallest price tag!!

No problem....I don't have anything to be snotty about either...WL is the only deluxe resort I've ever stayed in, and I was just amazed that the rooms were the same size as DL and PO (yeah, I know- those are the old school names :lol: ) Tis a beautiful resort though - I hope to visit again sometime!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom