Wilderness Lodge

Trinity

Hey Everybody, Just signed up and thought I would post a question. Going to DW November and cant decide if we should spend the money on Wilderness Lodge or just stay in a budget property. We keep going back and forth because how much time do you really spend in your room anyway. So should we splurge and stay in the wilderness lodge? We are not going with kids if that makes a difference in where we should stay.
:sohappy:

cymbaldiva

Thank you all for responding! One would really assume that I'd love the ASMusic, because I am a music person. When I stayed there was a few years ago (before I learned how to complain! :lol: ), and our location was pretty good and so many people had said "you'll be on Disney property, how bad could it be?". I guess we just got a really bad room or something, but the carpet was stained and there were holes in the walls - that on top of it been SOOOO crowded, it was not a positive experience! The condition of the room was just really non- Disney... :(

Thanks Dizknee_Phreek! A new friend made the avatar for me - I'm so 'puter illiterate that I didn't know how to do such a thing!
:D

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Thank you all for responding! One would really assume that I'd love the ASMusic, because I am a music person. When I stayed there was a few years ago (before I learned how to complain! :lol: ), and our location was pretty good and so many people had said "you'll be on Disney property, how bad could it be?". I guess we just got a really bad room or something, but the carpet was stained and there were holes in the walls - that on top of it been SOOOO crowded, it was not a positive experience! The condition of the room was just really non- Disney... :(

Thanks Dizknee_Phreek! A new friend made the avatar for me - I'm so 'puter illiterate that I didn't know how to do such a thing!
:D

ouch! i can really see how that would ruin the experience...apparently you just got a bad room, cuz the rooms we got at ASMusic weren't like that at all.

awesome! i need to make an avatar for myself sometime...attempt to at least. i can never find the time though...especially since school started! :)

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
Dizknee_Phreek
for real? you didn't like the ASMovies? How come? I did't get over the the Music or Sports, but assusmed they were all pretty much the same.

well, mainly i think it was the layout of it all...plus it was too overrun with Disney characters for me. before Movies was built, i hated the layout of Sports...with Music you can walk out the lobby and everything is in a nice, orderly layout. Sports is a little more mixed up, and Movies was WAY mixed up. and with the characters, Music and Sports do have characters, but mainly at the pools, i think. with Movies, it was like a character on every corner, and i hate that! plus, anytime i saw concept drawings, it was always of Buzz for the Toy Story section and i was SO excited about that cuz Toy Story is my favorite Disney movie. then i go there and see how it look, and was just disappointed. i mean, it was kinda cool and very original, but it just seemed too boxed in to me. personally, i think they could've gotten the same effect without the walls. but that's just me. when we stayed there, i got the Mighty Ducks complex...i was highly disappointed with that...out of all the classic Disney movies, they choose Mighty Ducks to make a complex out of? :hurl: if i wanted a sports theme, i would've stayed at AS Sports! so overall, personally, i found AS Movies to be extremely unimaginative compared to the other two. some of the details were good, but overall, i find it to be an ugly resort.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

ouch! i can really see how that would ruin the experience...apparently you just got a bad room, cuz the rooms we got at ASMusic weren't like that at all.

awesome! i need to make an avatar for myself sometime...attempt to at least. i can never find the time though...especially since school started! :)

Yeah, it pretty much blew...and that was in the days before I learned to complain, so the week wasn't our best

As for the avatar, I didn't even know how to just put up a pic I liked! My friend was kind enough to not only create it for me, but then to walk me thru putting it up - Told ya I'm computer illiterate! :lol:

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
As for the avatar, I didn't even know how to just put up a pic I liked! My friend was kind enough to not only create it for me, but then to walk me thru putting it up - Told ya I'm computer illiterate! :lol:

don't worry! took me a while to figure out how to do it too! :D

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

cymbaldiva

Wow, I can def. see how that would make things unenjoyable. I'm really surprised to hear that Disney would even have a room like that.
I know what you mean about the crowds. We go in December (usually) so we enjoy smaller crowds, but the AS Movies was still pretty busy and there were tons of kids. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but there's only so much I can take of several hundred kids. Other than that we loved the resort.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Dizknee_Phreek
You do have some good points. Like the choices for theming. Herbie the love bug? Do kids even know who he is? I'm getting older and I barely remember him. I would have been really upset if we got stuck in that area. And I'm a hockey/sports nut, so the Ducks thing is OK with me, but you're right, there are piles of classice Disney movies that they could have used. We requested the Toy Story section and were lucky enough to get it, so we were very happy.
Funny you mentioned the characters, I don't think we saw any at the hotel:confused: . But, again, I agree with you. Characters are great, but they shouldn't be everywhere.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom