Wilderness Lodge water feature refurb

Mousemom67

I don't think it would be so bad to ask to be moved to a standard room if you have a courtyard room directly overlooking the construction. Then if one isn't available I think it would be reasonable to ask politely to be charged the standard room rate. I'd wait until you get there of course to see where your courtyard view room is located and to see if the view is truly ruined by the construction.

I have always found the WL management to be very willing to help guests and make their experience there a good one.

And it never hurts to smile and be friendly when asking for something...

JLipnick

Is this work still going on? Has anyone been there recently who can report on the progress?
Definitely still going on. In middle of 11 night stay there. Not too happy as it is one of the features I love about the lodge but not a big deal. They have to refurb it sometime. Not as bad as the construction at Polynesian lobby. Wow, now that is nasty

Matt_Black

At one time this board hosted interesting discussions about the world. Lately it is simply a place for the discontent to rant regardless what takes place. A refurb when I might be staying on site? How dare you! A torn seat on a ride? OMG, Disney refuses to fix anything! Ahh, I hate Disney but I am still obsessed enough to post my endless discontent!

I like you, kid; you got moxie.

note2001

Another board is reporting it will be wrapped up by July 4th.

A week or so ago I spoke with Member services who hadn't heard of the work. The CM took time to call over to Wilderness lodge to confirm and get a time table. What she got in response was a typical contractor's estimate: about 30 days, into August. o_O June <anything> plus 30 does not = August. :cautious:

I think this will be a wait-and-see deal as we have no idea what they were up against with the refurb. I do hope the walls and planters will be down soon though for the sake of all those one time only visitors.

ToTBellHop

Post some current work pics if you can. Be nice if they'd at least drop down those temporary walls. I don't care if there's water in there or not, the structure is far more interesting than fabric.
Would you be happy if they started projecting Frozen onto the tarp 24/7?

Let it go.

mikenatcity1

We are staying there at the end of September and received a letter yesterday advising us that the pool will be under renovation until November. They also told us that there will be free transportation to some of the surrounding pools for pool hopping (and that the quiet pool by the villas will still be open)

note2001

I was wondering how long it would be before this thread turned into a pool refurb topic. ;)
I dont think those who are getting their letters are aware the fountains (lobby, stream and waterfall) are down at the moment.

ToTBellHop

I was wondering how long it would be before this thread turned into a pool refurb topic. ;)
I dont think those who are getting their letters are aware the fountains (lobby, stream and waterfall) are down at the moment.
They shouldn't be down by the time the pool is. However, with the pool closed, there certainly will be an impact on where water from the waterfall can flow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom