Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Rodan75

Currently Poly is selling @$170/point, which is what just about what everything is going for. So at least that.....

Poly just went up to $176. And 'Boulder Ridge' was going for roughly $150 the last time I checked...so 176-180 seems realistic.

roj2323

In case there's still confusion:
Copper Creek Villas = Converted South Wing of original WL
Boulder Ridge Villas = Old Villas, red/brown roof
Copper Creek Cabins = New Cabins along the water

Even with that it's still confusing. The names are too similar. I have to imagine these will be changing a year or so after everything is open.

Next Big Thing

Even with that it's still confusing. The names are too similar. I have to imagine these will be changing a year or so after everything is open.
Well it isn't split into 3 like that. Copper Creek is Villas & Cabins while Boulder Ridge is Villas.

And i'd expect no change. Disney is theming around these names and creating some fake backstory (which includes a sit-down, quick serve, Cabins and pool area for theming). DVC always uses Villas to describe their rooms, unless it's one of the uber expensive options they've been building like the Bungalows or Cabins.

csmat99

Ahh the Boulder wall by the pool makes sense. I was wondering how they were going to make the pool not annoying to those cabins that are right behind it.
So disappointed with the pool. Looks like it's going to be almost all zero entry and sun deck and no deep areas. Typical (Lawyer) pool where it's no deeper then 3.5 feet. You also gotta love that they will be charging over 170 a point but your pool doesn't have a slide.

ABQ

So disappointed with the pool. Looks like it's going to be almost all zero entry and sun deck and no deep areas. Typical (Lawyer) pool where it's no deeper then 3.5 feet. You also gotta love that they will be charging over 170 a point but your pool doesn't have a slide.
I know the tree branch obscures it, but here's a pic I took of the pool on December 7th. You may be almost spot on with the 3.5 foot estimate.
20161207_220108220_ios-jpg.178438

doctornick

I suspect the latter. Think about how people at Trinidad South complain about how far they are from the main facilities. This deluxe DVC would be further away. And another bus stop? Never work.
Hmmm... I wonder if they would take over Trinidad South and combine those rooms with the cleared land to make this theoretical new DVC? Probably not worth it, I guess, but it does bring up the point that folks staying in Trinidad South would be much closer to the amenities of this theoretical DVC resort than to the main area of CBR itself.

csmat99

Same as current villa guests, you can use the main pool at WL which does have a slide.
That isn't acceptable. They are adding more rooms and cottages or whatever they are calling them and this pool is below standard. SS has two pools with slides. One of reasons i loved the old pool. You could walk out of your room and it was right there. I didn't have to walk around the whole hotel. It also fit in the theme of the hotel. with bubblers on bottom to make the pool look like a spring. This pool doesn't belong.

csmat99

Yes, wouldn't this pool being built simply be considered one of the smaller secondary pools for the resort (like Hidden Springs Pool)?
No it no longer was like Hidden Spings when they decided to tear up that whole area down to the dirt and built those horrible waterfront cottages that will forever ruin what used to be Wilderness Lodge Villas. So you would think they would go all out and actually give the DVC members something good to replace it. Instead what we get is a glorified tanning bed of a pool. And now that they redid it they must have those new fences that lock and I'm sure the pool will close at 7 or 8PM and only open at 9AM. So they are taking away from us not giving back.

Jon81uk

That isn't acceptable. They are adding more rooms and cottages or whatever they are calling them and this pool is below standard. SS has two pools with slides. One of reasons i loved the old pool. You could walk out of your room and it was right there. I didn't have to walk around the whole hotel. It also fit in the theme of the hotel. with bubblers on bottom to make the pool look like a spring. This pool doesn't belong.

The new pool will have the bubblers as far as we know as, you can see them in the photos above and it's pretty much the same location as the hidden springs pool so you can still walk straight out to the pool. Nothing really will have changed except the overal theme change with the rockwork. The number of rooms is being increased only by adding the cabins, the new villas won't add many more beds than the rooms they replace.
Grand Florida, Contempory, Polynesian, Board walk, Beach Club, all only have one pool with a slide and one quieter pool so nothing is different at Wilderness Lodge compared to the other delux resorts.

I don't quite get your complaints as everything you aren't happy with is not changing.

CJR

And now that they redid it they must have those new fences that lock and I'm sure the pool will close at 7 or 8PM and only open at 9AM.

I wouldn't read too much into the fence, all pools will be getting fences. It'll still be classified as a quiet pool. I'm not sure if it'll have hours or not, but my guess is that it'll still be 24 hours, like the old pool. The fence will prevent kids from getting in too easily after dark without an adult.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
OMG, I can't believe the whiners on this thread. The new pool looks very nice - bigger than the old Hidden Springs. And the cabins, along with the conversion of cash rooms to DVC studios is another improvement. WL is one of the smallest DVC resorts...and one of the most popular. So it makes sense to add additional capacity. Especially if occupancy in the Lodge was below norms.

Got news for all of you complaining about the removal of vegetation to construct the cabins and redo the pool. How do you think the Lodge was built in the first place? The property was cleared for construction and then replanted. Those trees grow fast.

Other than the framing reflected in @Katie G's photo, none of us know exactly what the cabins will look like once completed. Not even DVC sales staff have been given that info.

So instead of complaining about a bloody pool and some trees, let's wait until the cabins are completed and the mockup at the new sales office is ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom