Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

ToTBellHop

Is there something you're not telling us?
The site being looked at by CBR for DVC is "across the street" from the bulk of CBR (and across the lake from Trinidad South). It's roughly as far from CBR buildings as some of the Old Key West buildings are from French Quarter. The new DVC would be equally close to Art of Animation and it certainly isn't a value.

SpaceMountain77

The site being looked at by CBR for DVC is "across the street" from the bulk of CBR (and across the lake from Trinidad South). It's roughly as far from CBR buildings as some of the Old Key West buildings are from French Quarter. The new DVC would be equally close to Art of Animation and it certainly isn't a value.

Do you know if the proposed DVC resort will be integrated both thematically and operationally into CBR or will it be its own resort?

ToTBellHop

Do you know if the proposed DVC resort will be integrated both thematically and operationally into CBR or will it be its own resort?
I suspect the latter. Think about how people at Trinidad South complain about how far they are from the main facilities. This deluxe DVC would be further away. And another bus stop? Never work.

Jon81uk

Would you suggest I try for a view of dirt, or on the other side of the building for my January stay?

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the resort. But of course over the dirt you can see the lake (sort of anyway) but facing the other way might be more woodsy?

ToTBellHop

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the resort. But of course over the dirt you can see the lake (sort of anyway) but facing the other way might be more woodsy?
I didn't mind the "dirt view" last month. We were on ground level and could see the lake, so all levels can. Therefore, we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant from our window!

ParentsOf4

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it's realistic to expect anything less than current prices. DVC is okay with selling less points per month as they are double the price from just ten years ago. This might actually be a good strategy as they run out of deluxe resorts to add on to. This is why going moderate seems strange to me, as I can't see them wanting to drop the price per point. We'll have to see what their next move is once WL nears completion.
Please recall that the last two DVC Resorts were built at WDW's two most expensive Deluxe hotels.

The Wilderness Lodge is WDW's least expensive Deluxe hotel.

Keeping in mind that total price is a function of both price-per-point and points-per-night, it will be difficult to imagine how any DVC at the Wilderness Lodge will be able to compete with the Wilderness Lodge hotel, if the VGF and PVB price structures are used.

ToTBellHop

Please recall that the last two DVC Resorts were built at WDW's two most expensive Deluxe hotels.

The Wilderness Lodge is WDW's least expensive Deluxe hotel.

Keeping in mind that total price is a function of both price-per-point and points-per-night, it will be difficult to imagine how any DVC at the Wilderness Lodge will be able to compete with the Wilderness Lodge hotel, if the VGF and PVB price structures are used.
The easiest solution (to me) would be to require fewer points per night rather than lower your price-per-point, which in effect dilutes the value of points at the other resorts. If you can tell potential buyers, "Yes, it's $165/pt but you only need 100 points for a week in a studio", I'm sure people will bite. I agree that $165/pt if you need 150 pts for a week in a studio would be a non-starter here. There needs to be some accommodation made for the fact that the Lodges are the "values" of the deluxes (yet also my favorite deluxes, theming wise; the rooms themselves are noticeably smaller than other deluxes, however).

That said, they have some rooms over at similarly-priced AKL which have very low point-per-night requirements. There's no reason they can't follow that model here. Of course, the cabins can charge a large number of points-per-night as supply will be relatively low.

Biff215

The easiest solution (to me) would be to require fewer points per night rather than lower your price-per-point, which in effect dilutes the value of points at the other resorts. If you can tell potential buyers, "Yes, it's $165/pt but you only need 100 points for a week in a studio", I'm sure people will bite. I agree that $165/pt if you need 150 pts for a week in a studio would be a non-starter here. There needs to be some accommodation made for the fact that the Lodges are the "values" of the deluxes (yet also my favorite deluxes, theming wise; the rooms themselves are noticeably smaller than other deluxes, however).

That said, they have some rooms over at similarly-priced AKL which have very low point-per-night requirements. There's no reason they can't follow that model here. Of course, the cabins can charge a large number of points-per-night as supply will be relatively low.
Well said, this is exactly what I would expect.

Rodan75

They have already raised the price of 'Boulder Ridge' resale points to over $150. They went up in price the day 'Canyon Creek' started. So I think you are right. Price per point will align with VGF, PVB and the points per night to align with Boulder Ridge.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, October 14. The lake shore cabins have steel wall studs, but the roof beams are all wood. The shore line underbrush has been cleared away, leaving only the tall trees, which will provide a clearer view of the lake.

IMG_8489.JPG

*Q*

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but are they converting the standard rooms in the one wing to DVC units or something? Because I just walked by and it looks like they have those rooms stripped down to steel, and they've been working on this wing for a WHILE.

Rteetz

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but are they converting the standard rooms in the one wing to DVC units or something? Because I just walked by and it looks like they have those rooms stripped down to steel, and they've been working on this wing for a WHILE.
Yes they are converting rooms inside the main hotel to DVC.

matt9112

It's starting to look less like Wilderness and more like Suburbia Lodge....

im not a fan of the style...but at least there keeping a handful of trees....the poly looks so bad with those things out there in the open.

side note when they remove rooms from circulation and turn them into DVC they raise regular pricing to reflect new inventory correct? aka less rooms.

optjay

It's already been reported by insiders that they will be planting a lot more trees once the construction is finished. I guess you would have complained about the entire 100 acre clearing they did to build MK before it was even half finished. ;)
This reply makes no sense.
The resort was called "Wilderness" lodge for a reason, you know because its in the wilderness. Removing all the forestry around it looks terribly nonwilderness now.
Magic Kingdom has not ever been the Wilderness Magic Kingdom.

peter11435

This reply makes no sense.
The resort was called "Wilderness" lodge for a reason, you know because its in the wilderness. Removing all the forestry around it looks terribly nonwilderness now.
Magic Kingdom has not ever been the Wilderness Magic Kingdom.
The point is they are not done. Trees will be planted and there will be 'wilderness' again. Just like how land was entirely cleared to build animal kingdom but once properly planted the park was home to jungles, savannas, and forests. Let them finish..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom