Wii will start a Revolution

ROTM

GTA is sooo played out it's not even funny. If you've played one of those games, you've played them all. They only appeal to pre-teen boys who think they are cool for playing a rated M game. And another thing, GTA 4 will be available on XBox 360 soon after, just like w/ the rest of the GTA games, and guess what? It will look just as good graphically.

Heh GTA played out. What about Halo ? I've never seen more hype than any other game besides halo. And the thing is the single palyer campaign BLOWS in 1&2 ! The original Xbox is the worst system I've ever bought.

UWereTheOne

That's a shame...it's my favorite.

Same here. Well, at least until I send my 360 back in so it doesn't have stupid disk read errors. But Microsoft changed the 90 day warranty to a one year warranty on all systems to be bought and already bought- so next week I'll be sending it back to get fixed.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I'm not a video game or console expert. But I've been a nintendo girl since back in the day. So all I can add to this thread is... Yay Wii!!! :sohappy: Its so much fun! :D

MAF

Heh GTA played out. What about Halo ? I've never seen more hype than any other game besides halo. And the thing is the single palyer campaign BLOWS in 1&2 ! The original Xbox is the worst system I've ever bought.
I totally agree, I will never buy another Microsoft console ever again. I will be sticking w/ my Nintendo Wii and DS Lite from here on out.

cmatt

Well why would it use a double layer if it only used half? Why not use a regular DVD then?

What ive found with video editing - is that if i feel a single layer (4.2 gigs odd) the dvd player being used in the presentation - goes - "a bit screwy". Its as if it cant read the outer part of the disk :lookaroun

Sometimes its that they have a better price with the guys who stamp the game onto a duel layer format also....

The 360 is a fine system. But the PS3 is being unfairly criticized, in my mind, left in right in the media and on here and when you break things down the 360 isn't really much cheaper at all when you look at the big picture. And that seems to be the biggest argument from 360 fanboys: the price. If you want a 360, that's fine, but it seems some people think that the launch titles on the PS3 are maxing out that system as well :lol:

I think the criticism is warrented, as sony need to learn that just because something is of better specs - doesnt make it an instant winner. The 360 is cheaper as your spreading the costs - and you dont need an exspensive drive to read the games - just movies. Which is the point i was trying to make earlier - the ps3 is insanely difficult to produce games for - and exspensive as they are taking longer time to make (not to mention the development kits are exspensive too). I like the idea of the ps3 - but the way sony are playing the my c... is much bigger and better then yours isnt working. With the wii selling well over a million consoles sinch launch - this prooves it.

They have totally disregarded the european gamer market AGAIN with the allocation of our ps3's going straight into the laps of us and gamers. And alot of people are extremely annoied and have ventured over to foreign territory and like what they see.

The origional xbox was a mighty success for microsoft - and i actually loved it - dream to play on and they responded to consumer feed back and shrunk the controller (controller s btw) :sohappy: i miss mine - but the emulator on the 360 works a treat :D

bhg469

I'm not a video game or console expert. But I've been a nintendo girl since back in the day. So all I can add to this thread is... Yay Wii!!! :sohappy: Its so much fun! :D

It is amazing fun! I went through a set of batteries in my wiimote already.

MAF

It is amazing fun! I went through a set of batteries in my wiimote already.
I just bought a battery recharger just for that problem yesterday.

BTW has anyone tried out the Virtual Console yet? I can't wait to download Super Mario Bros. on Monday!!!

bhg469

I just bought a battery recharger just for that problem yesterday.

BTW has anyone tried out the Virtual Console yet? I can't wait to download Super Mario Bros. on Monday!!!

Yes i own zelda, ice hockey and some genesis game that my girlfriends brother wanted me to get. So far everything plays pretty well with the wiimote. I do wish my gamecube controller had a longer wire though..

PS i have been playing the new zelda, early christmas gift, SO GOOD!

bhg469

Cant beat that with a stick! I just moved my wii to the floor so i can move it out when i need to, this will clean things up a little.

cmatt

virtual console games that i own:

super mario 64

ecco the dolphin

golden axe

zelda

sonic the hedgehog

and i think thats it for the time being... ;)

MAF

So far I own Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 for the Virtual Console. The only Wii game I own is Zelda: Twilight Princess, which I migh add is one of the most fun games I have ever played! I LOVE it.

wdwishes2005

I have the original Zelda, and Super Mario Brothers. I can't justify paying 10bucks for a Mario 64, I still have a perfectly working Nintendo 64.

cmatt

So far I own Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 for the Virtual Console. The only Wii game I own is Zelda: Twilight Princess, which I migh add is one of the most fun games I have ever played! I LOVE it.

ive found it - a bit too easy :lookaroun but yes it is fun :D playing nintendo demo'd at e3 using my hd componant cable (well 480p - thats kinda hd!) made me all excited again - like i was when i first saw it :wave:

dandaman

Both of my best friends got a Wii for Christmas. One of them is a lot more into video games than the other, but they both like it.

My particular favourite is Wii Sports. Beat my friend playing all 5 games for the first time. :lol:

(Particular favourite is golf.)

P.S. You can play GC games with the Wii, right?

bhg469

Both of my best friends got a Wii for Christmas. One of them is a lot more into video games than the other, but they both like it.

My particular favourite is Wii Sports. Beat my friend playing all 5 games for the first time. :lol:

(Particular favourite is golf.)

P.S. You can play GC games with the Wii, right?

Played eternal darkness this morning and it plays just like it was on the game cube. Still one of my favorite games of all time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom