Why the hate for Stitch's Great Escape

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I figured, is there a great reason why people hate stitch's great escape other than the fact it replaced Alien Encounter? I personally think it is a horribly executed ride.

Victor

I figured, is there a great reason why people hate stitch's great escape other than the fact it replaced Alien Encounter? I personally think it is a horribly executed ride.

The character is annoying, the story is stupid, you can't tell what is going on half the time, the effects are cheap, and the other million reasons that can be found in thousands of past threads on the subject.

Captain Chaos

While I disagree about the charcater being annoying (any character would be annoying if they were shoved down your throat at ever turn), the attraction is horrible... Plus, Stitch is forced upon us everywhere... I like the character, but, he is over used...

Thrill Seeker

Because it's a waste of space. Alien Encounter wasn't that great, but I'd prefer that over Stitch. It's just a clone that isn't that funny and is not enjoyable in any way. There's a good reason why it never has any line... Hopefully once Space Mountain and TTA are complete, we can see our "buddy" Stitch go under "extended" refurbishment.

magicmaya

That nasty chili smell and the burp.:hurl:
The storyline :hurl:

I give this ride 8 pukes
:hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

magicmaya

Because it's a waste of space. Alien Encounter wasn't that great, but I'd prefer that over Stitch. It's just a clone that isn't that funny and is not enjoyable in any way. There's a good reason why it never has any line... Hopefully once Space Mountain and TTA are complete, we can see our "buddy" Stitch go under "extended" refurbishment.

I hope the refurb ends up like the River Country Refurb :lol:

castevens

To be perfectly honest, I never ever liked Alien Encounter. I thought my seat was broken, but when I dictated the "events" of the ride to someone who was genuinely scared of AE, I realized that I did experience the full ride. I thought it was a joke. I didn't think it was the least bit fun. Then, they took a ride that I already thought was a waste of space and themed it with my least favorite Disney movie/character.

I'll never go on SGE again.

AEfx

Personally, I think it's kind of amusing.

After I attended a preview I came here and made a pretty detailed posting of what I felt was wrong with the attraction - in previews, it was much more disjointed and had several rough spots. When I went back after it's rehab they had fixed virtually every one, as well as others. Now I think it's a cute little way to get out of the sun for a bit.

jonnyc

AE is one of my favourite attractions, combine that with my dislike of stitch = hatred of SGE

Now imagine if a Stitch based attraction had replaced Horizons...

MickeyDent

I never got to experience AE but from the videos I've seen I would prefer it over SGE.

NOt that SGE was horrible to me, just a little simplistic. Sitting in the dark with noises in my ear was only enjoyable to me once. This is not an attraction that begs for repeat visits. The parades are more enjoyable.

As for the whole Stitch thing, I like the little critter but he has been force fed on the WDW patrons. He is WAY over done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom