Why the hate for Stitch's Great Escape

girlface

The character is annoying, the story is stupid, you can't tell what is going on half the time, the effects are cheap, and the other million reasons that can be found in thousands of past threads on the subject.

CHEAP!!! Wow,thats ridiculous,no offence.

I dont mind the ride. Its not my faviroute but its cute i guess. Alien encounter was outdated anyway.

jakeman

I never got to experience AE but from the videos I've seen I would prefer it over SGE.

Not that SGE was horrible to me, just a little simplistic. Sitting in the dark with noises in my ear was only enjoyable to me once. This is not an attraction that begs for repeat visits. The parades are more enjoyable.
Essentially AE was the same thing though. Sitting in the dark with noises in your ear. It just depends on what noise you want.

Overall, the half themed attraction is what kills it for me. The AA guns and Stitch do not match the theming of the rest of the attraction. Nowhere else is it more apparent that they ran out of money halfway through a refurb than here.

gettingsmaller

"Alien" ride was probably better, but I don't think SGE is terrible. My kids had fun on it... I even enjoy it for what it is--and I remember the "ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter". The "good" thing about it--I probably wouldn't let my young ones ride the Alien ride. That alien was ugly and scary. Stitch is a little more in line with what younger kids can handle. I don't think everything has to be "dumbed down" for the young masses, though...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can see why people are unhappy about AE being replaced with SGE, BUT I don't hate SGE and even actually enjoy it one time when I get to visit the World (might not warrant repeat rides in a visit, but I can enjoy riding it once every year or 3).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I see it this way. Disney finally caved and gave each of us a $100 bill to spend however we wanted it. Unfortunately, some people (those who don't know when to NOT take their children on a ride) weren't responsible enough to handle a $100 bill. Disney then took our $100 bills, put it under a very expensive refurbishment, and and said "Here, have a $5."
I like my $5 bill. It's better than nothing. However, I really wish that those irresponsible parents hadn't cost me my $100 bill...

nolatron

I went on AE once or twice when it was open, but have never been on SGE. DW and I just never had the desire to see it because neither one of us like Stich.

Sounds like we're not missing much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom