Why no love for Toontown Fair?

mharrington

Original Poster
I realize that the WDWMagic.com forum community is no fan of Mickey's Toontown Fair. Granted, I agree that it was not much, but what I would like to know is why so many people hated that land.

And please, no joking or sarcasm at any time.

charmmy

I didnt hate it, but on my 2nd trip I wandered in there and ended up wasting a good chunk of time that could have been better used. :/

swissamy

I can't tell you as my kids LOVED toontown - it was great for them and we had to visit every part of it and take pics of everything to remember it by! :shrug:

DisneyFan 2000

I never hated the land but it always had that feel of being "temporary". As if they'd take the tents down any minute in exchange for something better.

WDWGoof07

I liked Toontown Fair. The houses were wonderful - it's a shame they couldn't be spared the wrecking ball because the theming was great. The wonderful theming of the Barnstormer queue is often overlooked on these forums, and Donald's Boat was cool, too. The only thing I didn't care for was the Toon Park playground, but that was a minor quibble.

As much as I'll miss it, I think Circusland will be even better, and that's why I can more easily accept the loss of Mickey's and Minnie's houses.

Hot4Hudgens

I liked Toontown a lot, but even so, I knew it was only a place holder for bigger and (hopefully) better things in the future. I mentioned in a different thread how it's going to suck to see it go considering that was a part of the park me and my family would always make a pit-stop in, but it really didn't have much to offer in the big picture when compared to what'll be replacing it.

Bri1121

We loved it! My daughter always talks about going into Mickey and Minnies House. When we go in a few months my kids are going to miss it. The Barnstormer was the first roller coaster my daughter rode. I am sad to see it go.

pumpkin7

We loved it! My daughter always talks about going into Mickey and Minnies House. When we go in a few months my kids are going to miss it. The Barnstormer was the first roller coaster my daughter rode. I am sad to see it go.

at least she'll get to ride it again, it'll just be called the great goofini instead and have a different theme :D

JIMINYCR

I never hated it , but when my family started going to WDW my son was old enough that he wasn't interested in any of the Toontown rides. We did go to the Judges tent to shop because you sometimes found souvenirs there that wasn't in other stores. Then a couple of years ago we met my sister and her family at WDW and her children were younger and I got to appreciate the area better. I always had thought that there wasn't enough at WDW for much younger kids. And wondered what families did with a full day to keep them interested.

Minnie1976

Until we went with our grandchild we would skip Toontown. After we started going with her, she enjoyed going in the houses and riding Barnstormer. There wasn't really anything there for us when my husband and I went by ourselves.

mharrington

Original Poster
And now, of course, Mickey and Minnie's new "home" is not in a pair of houses, but in a single "theater" in what is otherwise supposed to be a realistic Main Street. Granted, they do a good job with the theme of the meet-n-greet area itself (you gotta love those references to all the other Disney parks worldwide), but what about the queue leading up to the area? In the houses, you go through some neat rooms, each packed with neat touches, but here, all you have to look at are "interactive" posters, full of crazy looking carpet and nothing but back to back cattle-call queues as far as the eye can see.

But as some people keep insisting, Mickey and Minnie's real home is in Disneyland and that their homes in Florida were their country/vacation homes. But you know, most people don't pay attention to storylines, really.

But then again, I prefer to view the resort in little individual pieces while the rest of the forum community, by majority, prefers the big picture.

forevermickey

Wasn't a big fan of WDW Toon Town Fair, I hear Disneyland's is awesome. But my daughter loved it and that made me like it better and sad to see it go ... but excited for what is to come.
I just think Disney could of better imagineered the land.. but it was said to only be temporary.. that was a long temporary time though.... but on to the next great new big project:)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow you're alot of fun aren't you?

HEY....no sarcasm is allowed in here.

-----

At no time have I ever met somebody famous and thought to myself that my encounter was incomplete since I didn't see their house. It never crosses my mind.

Why should Mickey be any different? I don't need to see his house to meet him.

mharrington

Original Poster
At no time have I ever met somebody famous and thought to myself that my encounter was incomplete since I didn't see their house. It never crosses my mind.

Why should Mickey be any different? I don't need to see his house to meet him.

Well, maybe you don't, but I did. At least you could tell where he was this way.

Maybe it's just that I have Aspergers and like to see things done in a very particular way.

Patrick_Ears

You know i can understand some did not like it, but for the younger ones it was a blast!! My kids loved when we went in 07 and so did I!! It was closed when we went this past week ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom