Why Isn't Apple Prevelant at WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figment1986

Well, MacBooks and iPods are in the Audition process behind American Idol, if that makes anyone in here feel better.
:shrug:

I loved seeing those last generation mac books on the table tethered to them... just so the audition cast members can talk with the producers :lol:

and the video ipods are also a nice touch in the lounge...

I could not see what the computer in the producers lounge was exactly.. but the screen was not mac yet as it was touch screen... but it may have been plugged into a mac mini :lookaroun

LoriMistress

LoriMistress, I must say that I actually have a job believe it or not, and have only now had a chance to get back online. So its not an issue of being blasted back to reality, dear.

Many people on here have jobs, so please don't use that fully on your excuse on why you waited until now to respond. Now, don't get me wrong, dear, but it's not the fact that you personally believe that Apple is a superior product then PC. It's how you've addressed the issue. You made yourself look arrogant, smug, and you only believe your opinion is the right opinion. Opinions are like ***holes; everyone has one. It's extremely clear that you'll never understand why myself and others were politely addressing you to on why you came across as smug. And that's okay in my book. Did you even read what you wrote?

Wow, WIndows blows so very hard.

I cannot even IMAGINE how embarrassing it must be for all you Windows users out there to be sitting in Starbucks on your giant, ugly laptops out there to see a Mac user (and believe me, you can spot them lol) pull out a DROP DEAD SEXY MacBook or MacBook Pro, open it up, and have Mac OS X boot up in like 30 seconds, while your Vista laptop takes 5 minutes ON A GOOD DAY.

It just blows my mind how someone would actually KNOWINGLY choose to buy a machine running Vista. Or any form of Windows for that matter.

And I hardly ever go out of my way to point out that Windows SUCKS to people. But when those idiotic Windows user are sitting there, actually believing that their $300 Windows machine is ACTUALLY SOMEHOW better than my $1799 Apple unibody, aluminum, LED backlit, power sipping, powerhouse of a computer, well, I just get a LITTLE crazy. And that is when I will not waste a second to put a Windows-Head in his/her place.

And BTW I'm not smug about my computer AT ALL.

I find the most ironic where you wrote "And I hardly ever go out of my way to point out that Windows SUCKS to people," but you wrote an entire post about it.

I'm not going to turn this into an internet war. If you truly want to know my feelings on it, read the first post I wrote. This will be the last post you'll get from me regarding this topic. Next time, think before you type. You come across as arrogant and ignorant.

Other then that; have a magical day! :xmas::D

Philo

Wow, things getting a little heated here.... I think the comment above is a little uncalled for!

My opinion, Apple have their place. They are undoubtedly nice machines to use and probably the best machines for the job when it comes to graphic design, multimedia editing etc but personally I don't like them from a visual perceptive (the macbooks IMO look no better than other machines from dell etc). I also don't think they offer so much as to make me buy the frankly overpriced hardware. In this way they are a fashion statement.

My main gripe with Apple though is there various policies on the file formats (why not open up iPods to play mp3's?), development policies (non-disclosures, heavy commission and single route to market) for things like the iphone, hardware quality (yep, the single to noise ratios etc are not great on their music devices) and the general money making plans of Jobs. In my opinion, he is far worse than Bill Gates.

If I had a choice I would have a PC for every day tasks, a mac for multimedia development / editing and then use various manufacturers as fit for devices (i.e. creative instead of apple)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Can I just say before this thread is closed, there are more tools in this thread than in a Binford toolbox.

And anyone comparing a passion for a sports team, even crappy sports like you former colonials play, to a box of wires, really must rely on Pam and her 5 daughters for a relationship.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And to Master Yoda.......

In response to your comment about disliking the fans of Apple more than Apple itself, let me ask you a question.

You feel the same way about those fans at football games? Which do you dislike more? The team, or its fans?

If you guys want to hate on me, don't do it because I love my products and get actively excited about them.
In short yes. I simply do not care for fanboys of any type. There is nothing wrong with passion for a product line, a sports team, a theme park or whatever but when it becomes fanboyisim then there is a problem. At that point the passion blinds you to logic. You have become a Mac fanboy. No mater what someone tells you, shows you, or proves to you will believe that Mac's rule all. The simple fact is they don't, NOTHING does. There simply is no best car, computer, football team, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom