Why I Will Definitely Go Again

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I get to post a negative post because it is on topic with the title...

...I am definitely going again.. Twice. I made the mistake of promising to take one of my drama students' family during the first week of June, and another mistake promising my wife's family and 2 friends a vacation the second week of August.

Sadly, it will not be as awesome or well planned as my previous trips in the past because of 1). costing my an arm and a leg, 2). Genie+ being awful/can't afford it, 3). can't afford the Disney hotel rooms/Having to do Airbnb instead, 4). Maintenance on attractions being god awful... The list goes on and on...

But those two trips will be my last. :)

kalel8145

I get to post a negative post because it is on topic with the title...

...I am definitely going again.. Twice. I made the mistake of promising to take one of my drama students' family during the first week of June, and another mistake promising my wife's family and 2 friends a vacation the second week of August.

Sadly, it will not be as awesome or well planned as my previous trips in the past because of 1). costing my an arm and a leg, 2). Genie+ being awful/can't afford it, 3). can't afford the Disney hotel rooms/Having to do Airbnb instead, 4). Maintenance on attractions being god awful... The list goes on and on...

But those two trips will be my last. :)
Doesn't count. You just came here to harsh the buzz cause you think it's funny to do so.

Married5Times

Different needs and perspectives. Buses are a good example. Some people love them, others hate them.

Love?????

some people love them?? Are you using the right word there? I can see "prefer" or "appreciate" or take no issue with them, or rahter ride them than boats but "love", as in something so desirable like it makes the top 5 greatests things to do at WDW.

bustamelon

While I said I wouldn't be negative, I have to admit that the required dependency on your phone has the effect of popping the bubble. You're checking for FP or whatever else and suddenly you see a work email about something terrible happening. Your employees say they don't want to bother you while you're on a rare vacation, but they also copy you on every email back and forth. Now while in line you're consumed by work, when if I didn't need to check for a FP, I wouldn't have seen the email come through and it becomes hard to ignore. Disney is making you look at your phone, while before it was a choice that I would refuse to do because I was in the Happiest Place on Earth.
This right here ^^^
My last visit was a long time ago now -- 2015 -- but even then there was a need to look at the phone, for wait times, ADRs, etc.
Everyone who's ever tried to have a nice dinner with their family or friends knows how the cell phone takes you out of the moment and the space where everyone else is. The phone is a bubble popper.
And even then, my phone would die long before it was time to head for the bus or ferry back to the hotel.
I can't imagine how it is now. I suppose a battery pack thingy is 100% necessary. One more thing to stuff into the pack.

** edit: apparently F A N N Y is a bad word? lol

kalel8145

This right here ^^^
My last visit was a long time ago now -- 2015 -- but even then there was a need to look at the phone, for wait times, ADRs, etc.
Everyone who's ever tried to have a nice dinner with their family or friends knows how the cell phone takes you out of the moment and the space where everyone else is. The phone is a bubble popper.
And even then, my phone would die long before it was time to head for the bus or ferry back to the hotel.
I can't imagine how it is now. I suppose a battery pack thingy is 100% necessary. One more thing to stuff into the ***** pack.

** edit: apparently F A N N Y is a bad word? lol
Thats funny

eliza61nyc

the problem is the current WDW makes us dependent on looking at phones all day

""""treat me like a ragdoll""
this is one argument that I don't get. way way before genie+ people were on their phones 24/7. Heck in real life I see people blindly walking into doors, walking in front of traffic, bumping into stuff, why? because they have their faces plastered into the phones.

One big complaint that has come about is the visitors who whip out their phones on dark ride (potc), really rude. I was on small world last september and in front of me was a mom and two small girls. mom was gabbing away, totally ignoring the girls and no it was not an emergency and yes she was loud enoubh to hear the conversation.
I'm going to play the disney apologist on this one. no way is this Disney's fault if guest are walking around glued to their phones. that is totally on the guest.

Jrb1979

this is one argument that I don't get. way way before genie+ people were on their phones 24/7. Heck in real life I see people blindly walking into doors, walking in front of traffic, bumping into stuff, why? because they have their faces plastered into the phones.

One big complaint that has come about is the visitors who whip out their phones on dark ride (potc), really rude. I was on small world last september and in front of me was a mom and two small girls. mom was gabbing away, totally ignoring the girls and no it was not an emergency and yes she was loud enoubh to hear the conversation.
I'm going to play the disney apologist on this one. no way is this Disney's fault if guest are walking around glued to their phones. that is totally on the guest.
Your last point about people taking out phones on rides. I really wish Disney would follow the route of Cedar Fair parks. They are kicking people out who take their phones out while in a ride

RJAllard

I grew up in Miami and, for our family, WDW was our yearly vacation. I was 3 the first time we went just a few weeks after they opened. Some of my favorite childhood memories are definitely camping at Ft. Wilderness, spending days riding every single ride at at MK (the only park at the time), our yearly River Country visit (anyone???), and our regular visit to Lake Buena Vista-now known as Disney Springs-where my sisters and I were allowed to choose our one souvenir. Years later my husband asked me to marry him at Victoria & Albert’s and a few years after that we started to create new traditions with our own children now 26 and 28. To say that this place feeds my soul is an understatement. Ill admit the Genie plus has been a bit of a learning curve and, yes-it’s expensive, but I freaking love every minute of every visit and I can never wait until our next trip. It’s true-as a cooperation Disney has made some missteps and some of the policies they created in response to the pandemic have been a bummer, but I’m a forever Disney Fan and the negative stuff is just noise to me. Truly the only way my Disney experience could be improved would be to add….grandchildren. 😉

Lilofan

Some of us are lucky to go to WDW multiple times. A special group that goes to WDW is from Give Kids the World of Central FL. These kids with life threatening illnesses go to WDW with their parents probably for the first and or last time. Some live , breathe and some even want their ashes spread at WDW which happens also but that's another topic.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

First, I agree completely with you about people's general addiction to their phones.

Regarding phones in WDW, I haven't been since G+ so I don't know if it's still the same, but with FP+ if you weren't finding FPs on your phone you weren't keeping up with the Joneses. So, you'd constantly be watching people pass you while waiting in standby.

kalel8145

First, I agree completely with you about people's general addiction to their phones.

Regarding phones in WDW, I haven't been since G+ so I don't know if it's still the same, but with FP+ if you weren't finding FPs on your phone you weren't keeping up with the Joneses. So, you'd constantly be watching people pass you while waiting in standby.
I'll see how it goes with G+ this trip. I think I'm gonna try days with and days without to see how it is. I don’t necessarily mind the stand by lines. Don't get me wrong a 2 hour wait is not ideal. There will definitely be some ILL purchases, 🤞hopefully I can get them.
Sometimes it's kinda part of the fun. Grab a snack, and people watch while I'm waiting. Actually I have never seen the full queue for flight of passage because of fast pass. Maybe I'll grab a snack and a beer and wait it out this time.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I absolutely love the busses.
You’re not alone! That’s for sure. I like the buses, my husband doesn’t so he always rents a car. My sister came with us a few trips and she truly LOVES the buses too. She can come and go as she pleases, not care about directions in an unfamiliar area, and not worry about having a few drinks. Many people on these boards say the same thing. Some people even say they drive to WDW then leave their car in the lot and take buses the whole time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom