Why I Will Definitely Go Again

kalel8145

You’re not alone! That’s for sure. I like the buses, my husband doesn’t so he always rents a car. My sister came with us a few trips and she truly LOVES the buses too. She can come and go as she pleases, not care about directions in an unfamiliar area, and not worry about having a few drinks. Many people on these boards say the same thing. Some people even say they drive to WDW then leave their car in the lot and take buses the whole time.
For sure. I do so much driving in the real world, it's nice not to have to drive there. Deal with the parking lot, especially at park close. Like you said, have a few drinks and let someone else do the driving.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I'll see how it goes with G+ this trip. I think I'm gonna try days with and days without to see how it is. I don’t necessarily mind the stand by lines. Don't get me wrong a 2 hour wait is not ideal. There will definitely be some ILL purchases, 🤞hopefully I can get them.
Sometimes it's kinda part of the fun. Grab a snack, and people watch while I'm waiting. Actually I have never seen the full queue for flight of passage because of fast pass. Maybe I'll grab a snack and a beer and wait it out this time.
We finally got to see the queue a couple times in between FP+ and G+ when it was standby only. It’s pretty cool! Worth checking out. I didn’t realize we never saw it up to that point.

JIMINYCR

For sure. I do so much driving in the real world, it's nice not to have to drive there. Deal with the parking lot, especially at park close. Like you said, have a few drinks and let someone else do the driving.
My keys go in the resort safe and unless we have an off site trip to take, I dont touch them again until we check out. Ive never had any bad bus experiences in all the years weve gone. ( Unless you count the crowded, must stand up late night bus ride from DS) In fact weve had several bus drivers that are quite entertaining with songs, jokes and quips that entertained us during our rides.

Patcheslee

I grew up with parents not being able to afford vacations. So in general vacations are more about things I've always wanted to do and come to enjoy. Kings Island is our home theme park, and attempt to visit a new theme park once a year for coasters.
We've returned to Disney every few years because the experiences in the past have been fun. It's not our normal park open-close like theme parks that have: less hours, more thrill rides and TBO a water park to escape to without leaving the park. We actually slow down and relax more. Partially because we are adrenaline junkies. Yes they have great thrill rides, not enough to feel the need to rush to experience them all in a single day. We get a decent balance. DD13 still enjoys family vacations without complaints about missing friends, being lame, etc. so far. By the time we go in 2023 she'll be 14. Of all the random things she wants to do is play checkers again in MK and meet kids at the resort. 2017 she tried to arrange a meet up with some other kids she met on the beach at CBR. That turned into us moms talking about daily plans and they got to hang out again a few days later, while dad's were napping lol. Leave it to her to treat WDW like summer camp. I remember those kinds of things more than what we rode each day.

kalel8145

I grew up with parents not being able to afford vacations. So in general vacations are more about things I've always wanted to do and come to enjoy. Kings Island is our home theme park, and attempt to visit a new theme park once a year for coasters.
We've returned to Disney every few years because the experiences in the past have been fun. It's not our normal park open-close like theme parks that have: less hours, more thrill rides and TBO a water park to escape to without leaving the park. We actually slow down and relax more. Partially because we are adrenaline junkies. Yes they have great thrill rides, not enough to feel the need to rush to experience them all in a single day. We get a decent balance. DD13 still enjoys family vacations without complaints about missing friends, being lame, etc. so far. By the time we go in 2023 she'll be 14. Of all the random things she wants to do is play checkers again in MK and meet kids at the resort. 2017 she tried to arrange a meet up with some other kids she met on the beach at CBR. That turned into us moms talking about daily plans and they got to hang out again a few days later, while dad's were napping lol. Leave it to her to treat WDW like summer camp. I remember those kinds of things more than what we rode each day.
Thats a cool story. Luckily we never got to the point where my son didn't want to go. Now he's bringing his gf.

Patcheslee

Thats a cool story. Luckily we never got to the point where my son didn't want to go. Now he's bringing his gf.
She's at the "I want to ride with other kids" age, she likes going with us thank god but wants to enjoy things with kids. Her female friends don't like amusment parks. Her guy friends like them but coed sleepover not happening at her age lol. Locally she'll just ask to sit with other kids without a ride partner. Fine by me, have fun.

kalel8145

She's at the "I want to ride with other kids" age, she likes going with us thank god but wants to enjoy things with kids. Her female friends don't like amusment parks. Her guy friends like them but coed sleepover not happening at her age lol. Locally she'll just ask to sit with other kids without a ride partner. Fine by me, have fun.
That's funny

OG Runner

I had a great time when I went in January, but, as usual, did not do everything I wanted to do. By the time I get back
several new rides will be open also. I have always enjoyed a WDW vacation, even with the removal of the Magic Express
and the addition of Genie+. Honestly, I enjoyed it a little more before those changes, but I still enjoyed it.

Pepper's Ghost

Two of your points intersect for me very personally. My parents were the same, not being able to afford extravagant vacations. One of my best friends growing up (and still) is an only child. His parents invited me on many of their vacations, one of which was a road trip to Cincinnati for some ball games and to visit Kings Island. We were traveling from Chicago. Old memories, but Kings Island was AWESOME! It's such a great coaster park. My memories of it are roughly 33 years old in my early teens, but I recall a coaster called The Racers? It was around '89, but I remember riding the side that went backwards. That was frickin' excellent! 😎😎😎

OG Runner

I get to post a negative post because it is on topic with the title...

...I am definitely going again.. Twice. I made the mistake of promising to take one of my drama students' family during the first week of June, and another mistake promising my wife's family and 2 friends a vacation the second week of August.

Sadly, it will not be as awesome or well planned as my previous trips in the past because of 1). costing my an arm and a leg, 2). Genie+ being awful/can't afford it, 3). can't afford the Disney hotel rooms/Having to do Airbnb instead, 4). Maintenance on attractions being god awful... The list goes on and on...

But those two trips will be my last. :)
Promise?!?

Patcheslee

Two of your points intersect for me very personally. My parents were the same, not being able to afford extravagant vacations. One of my best friends growing up (and still) is an only child. His parents invited me on many of their vacations, one of which was a road trip to Cincinnati for some ball games and to visit Kings Island. We were traveling from Chicago. Old memories, but Kings Island was AWESOME! It's such a great coaster park. My memories of it are roughly 33 years old in my early teens, but I recall a coaster called The Racers? It was around '89, but I remember riding the side that went backwards. That was frickin' excellent! 😎😎😎
I wish it still went backwards now lol. Their doing 50th Anniversary celebrations this summer, so Racers are back to their original paint color at least (Same one as Brady Bunch episode)

Pepper's Ghost

And, as referenced in one of the pop-ups:

Wow! Something about that episode looks familiar, but at the same time I don't remember it at all. 🤣 Is it possible to be both senile and not at the same time... in my mid-40s? I'm sure I just saw it when I was really young and never since. I do remember the Eiffel Tower though. I remember I used to have one of those smashed pennies from there with the Eiffel Tower on it. 😁

Thanks for posting the videos btw! 😎

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, about the time the recession is mid-deep, if the parks are still open, I figure that's the time to go, and I'll finally get to ride the "new" stuff (which, by then, will be from 3 to 5 years old).

The new stuff is the draw for me. And depending on how much Social Security and other government pensions are cut, and how much of our 401Ks they confiscate to pay the mounting National Debt, I may or may not splurge and make my next trip a Theme-Park View Concierge Level stay at the Contemporary.

OG Runner

Well, about the time the recession is mid-deep, if the parks are still open, I figure that's the time to go, and I'll finally get to ride the "new" stuff (which, by then, will be from 3 to 5 years old).

The new stuff is the draw for me. And depending on how much Social Security and other government pensions are cut, and how much of our 401Ks they confiscate to pay the mounting National Debt, I may or may not splurge and make my next trip a Theme-Park View Concierge Level stay at the Contemporary.
So you are planning to spend all of your retirement money on one trip! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom