Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Figments Friend

It's nice that you sense passion. What I wanted sensed was more the fact that most,
if not all the news that I run into here evokes a *HEAVY SIGH* accompanied by a
shoulder slump,as opposed to, well, just about anything else. I'm tired of that from
a company that has mostly inspired me for years and years. So I thought this might
be a good place to drop a Gipper speech. We shall see.

It was nice to see it...and i know others 'out there' will enjoy it too.
LOTS of folks will relate and agree.

Reminded me a lot of some of my old posts when i would go off on a passionate rant.
You are no alone in your thoughts.
Big change is coming.....we just have to be patient.

:)

maxairmike

You know where nobody cares about these leaks because it just "feeds the monster"? Universal. Harry Potter 2 leaked a year and a half before it was officially announced.

Not exactly true...there are some that are constantly looking over shoulders not only because of what is shared online (and offline among friends), but also because of pictures that go along with the rumors and updates. Universal may actually be more paranoid about this stuff than Disney.

This is, however, entertaining. Time to grab some popcorn, because I have a great front-row seat.

WDWFREAK53

You know where nobody cares about these leaks because it just "feeds the monster"? Universal. Harry Potter 2 leaked a year and a half before it was officially announced.

And how did that hurt the company? It didn't...it, if anything, got people more excited about Universal and what is coming.

"Leaks" have more of an impact than official announcements because people like to hear "secrets" and tell them.

Atomicmickey

It was nice to see it...and i know others 'out there' will enjoy it too.
LOTS of folks will relate and agree.

Reminded me a lot of some of my old posts when i would go off on a passionate rant.
You are no alone in your thoughts.
Big change is coming.....we just have to be patient.

:)

I know. It does feel like this time, finally, something exciting is about to happen.
Let's hope it isn't 'value engineered' into underwhelming-ness.

As for patience, well, here's a guy who was an 'almost annual' visitor, for a week or
more, who hasn't been back for 2 and a half years, because I've been, um, patiently
waiting for a reason to return. The underwhelming BOG restaurant interior design (um, square
ballroom with flat ceiling, hello?) and food reviews, and the over-lit Little Mermaid
ride just didn't do it for me, as gorgeous as the exteriors are. Hoping the mine train
will be cool, but that might not be enough to bring me back quite yet.

So, yeah, a little more more patience patience. A little more.

WDWDad13

I'm still optimistic big things and changes are coming... I just don't like how long it takes for Disney to do anything in Orlando. An old saying comes to mind... @^&% or get off the pot lol

flynnibus

Premium Member
It sounds like the MiceAge article was accurate though. You can't call someone negative if they're reporting negative information.

You can if all they do is focus on the negative and don't give a fair representation of things that don't align with their bias...

RSoxNo1

You can if all they do is focus on the negative and don't give a fair representation of things that don't align with their bias...
Personally, I'm of the opinion that Disney World is in worse shape than Disneyland and I think they're reflecting that accurately. I'm also writing opinion pieces on their site so you can argue that I'm coming from that bias.

I will say that like any site that size there has been some "censorship" of my articles, I haven't been thrilled with it but it's been understood. Never have I been told to make an article pro or anti one location or another.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Personally, I'm of the opinion that Disney World is in worse shape than Disneyland and I think they're reflecting that accurately. I'm also writing opinion pieces on their site so you can argue that I'm coming from that bias.

There is no doubt there are things worse than DL... but the point was when you only focus on some things, and do not give fair representation.. we'll then you aren't providing an unbiased view. FL and TDO were Al's favorite punching bag. The goods do not nearly get the same representation as the bads.

RSoxNo1

Not exactly true...there are some that are constantly looking over shoulders not only because of what is shared online (and offline among friends), but also because of pictures that go along with the rumors and updates. Universal may actually be more paranoid about this stuff than Disney.

This is, however, entertaining. Time to grab some popcorn, because I have a great front-row seat.
Personally, I'm far more content in posting and crediting rumors that others post elsewhere. In many cases being the person to break the story isn't worth it. "Journalism" has changed so much at this point. For me personally, I'm more interested in the person that's getting it right then the person that's getting it first.

Beholder

This is what's got me somewhat excited (ok, maybe more than somewhat), the "momentum" that things may be happening. Not just some paint, but big, substantial things. Things that should've been done all along, an ongoing effort to maintain the standards of quality that Disney loves to bank on, but has let slip. All companies, businesses, groups go through "cultural" changes. Some benefit, some damage. Lets hope the fans, UNI, and a little sanity puts WDW back on track.

Thanks to the OP and the others who've made this a most interesting thread!

RSoxNo1

There is no doubt there are things worse than DL... but the point was when you only focus on some things, and do not give fair representation.. we'll then you aren't providing an unbiased view. FL and TDO were Al's favorite punching bag. The goods do not nearly get the same representation as the bads.
I didn't read Al's columns when Disneyland was doing bad, but I had heard that he was just as negative on them. Can anyone confirm?

pheneix

Original Poster
The kind of rumors and information we post here doesn't hurt the company, by and large. I think if a whistleblower came out and posted some "smoking gun" evidence of accounting fraud in Celebration, then when would be in all new territory altogether. But as far as sharing plans for new rides and such, we're basically just a free publicity arm for the Walt Disney Company. There is a reason Disney is quite liberal overall in dealing with rumors and fan sites.

But the D23 angle on this whole affair did give some people inside the company the wrong impression that this was some kind of targeted "espionage" attempt at subverting D23. That is absolutely not the case. D23 division needs to stop blaming others for their own failures and take ownership of a bloated expo that is trying to be all things to everyone and ultimately will please no one.

OFTeric

The kind of rumors and information we post here doesn't hurt the company, by and large. I think if a whistleblower came out and posted some "smoking gun" evidence of accounting fraud in Celebration, then when would be in all new territory altogether. But as far as sharing plans for new rides and such, we're basically just a free publicity arm for the Walt Disney Company. There is a reason Disney is quite liberal overall in dealing with rumors and fan sites.

But the D23 angle on this whole affair did give some people inside the company the wrong impression that this was some kind of targeted "espionage" attempt at subverting D23. That is absolutely not the case. D23 division needs to stop blaming others for their own failures and take ownership of a bloated expo that is trying to be all things to everyone and ultimately will please no one.

Or if people started sharing daily attendance figures

muteki

A company should not be too concerned about leaks when they are confident that the end product is good and will satisfy the consumer.

To me, a company running scared trying to plug leaks only speaks of their lack of confidence in the final product.

pheneix

Original Poster
I am always shocked that although massively flabby group known as WDI, has not unionized yet...

I just can't get my head around you are going to remove 4 rides(2 of which are popular) and replace with 4 rides. Seems a little stupid in the grand scheme of things - that they want people to stay in a park longer, but seem incapable of increasing the ride count number up to high teens. So the grand plans of Star Wars have been nixed ...

I think the DHS overhaul has maintained is basic size and scope since it was first conceptualized. I don't think there has been a dramatic cut in the plans. I do believe there may be some desire to ACCELERATE the construction timetable on some of the Star Wars stuff, but WDW is still wrapping up on modifying its five year plan, AGAIN, after tossing it last year when Transformers went vertical.

Also, the rumors and information shared on here by myself and others were from the proposals shown to the board of directors in Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom