Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Californian Elitist

No, that's not 'common sense', that's knowledge of a specific situation. A person without this knowledge would perhaps conclude that "People Mover" route means that it would be on the old People Mover track. It seems that Miceage doesn't care to address the practicality of such a project.

Nonetheless, you avoided mentioning that there is not enough room on "People Mover route" to put in a bike coaster. Simply not enough clearance, or space for banked turns, and they have to do major construction, and likely demolition, on the Star Tours, and buildings east of there, including near/in Space Mountain, and Innoventions. Some buildings could well have to be removed.

What "bike" from Star Wars are they using? Seems very far-fetched on a creative basis.

I say bogus rumor. Iger's crowning achievement will be Shanghai Disneyland . . . a massive new castle park with space for a second park. He also greenlit Avatarland, Carsland . . . don't see him asking to "turn on" the money spigot three years before he leaves.

That is definitely common sense. Good lord, man.

And I ignored the rest of your post because it had nothing to do what I was referring to. But since you want to talk about space, let's do it. I have one question for you. Did you ever get the chance to ride Rocket Rods?

Pixiedustmaker

Near enough same ride as Orlandos I believe, though I dare say the queue and preshow areas will be laid out differently. Orlando also didn't have any food areas included.

Harris refused a 10% budget increase for the Rods to have banked turns. Turned into a 55 million dollar fiasco that's been quietly brushed under the rug. Along with Light Magic.

You will need banked turns for a motor bike coaster, and you'll need more space. Rocket Rods got by on the skin of its teeth because of a complex computer control system which slowed the cars down *before* they entered the turns, without it, the RRs would have flown off the track. If you say the bike coaster will have this, then it isn't a coaster, but can't see them making the same mistakes and not banking the track . . .

Pixiedustmaker

That is definitely common sense. Good lord, man.

And I ignored the rest of your post because it had nothing to do what I was referring to. But since you want to talk about space, let's do it. I have one question for you. Did you ever get the chance to ride Rocket Rods?

Common sense doesn't require knowledge of a specific attraction at Disneyland. You'd think for the consideration of the general reader that Miceage would announce half of TL being under heavy construction.

I rode the Rocket Rods several times. Before that I rode the People Mover more times than I can remember, I am very familiar with DL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You will need banked turns for a motor bike coaster, and you'll need more space. Rocket Rods got by on the skin of its teeth because of a complex computer control system which slowed the cars down *before* they entered the turns, without it, the RRs would have flown off the track. If you say the bike coaster will have this, then it isn't a coaster, but can't see them making the same mistakes and not banking the track . . .
I know all about the Rods.... and read the pervious page of this thread too.

Not all the new turns need to be banked. Not all have to be taken at speed. Like I said, don't think of a bike coaster as per a third party design of the same name.

Pixiedustmaker

So, where in that article does it mention a Vekoma ride system?

Why not the WDI designed custom system planned for Orlando three/four years ago?

THAT'S a speeder bike coaster. One that looks like a speeder bike.

Miceage says it was a system designed for Tron, figured that it was what is going into Shanghai. It's a sort of fan generated rumor . . . "Shanghai gets a Tron motor bike coaster, so DL will get a bike coaster too, where the rocket rod went and . . . theme it like Star Wars."

I'm surprised Miceage didn't resurrect the old "Nemo Subs are history!" theme. Really? Nemo 2 is coming, maybe a third one . . . most popular Pixar movie and its ride is finished? Miceage has a lot of longtime fans who are very upset that the bones of People Mover track is still there, not at all surprised that this rumor comes up.

Captain Neo

Rocket Rod/People Mover track at Disneyland does go into the Star Tours building, and many others. Per Miceage this route will be used for the bike coaster, lol.

Let's make this easy to understand. The existing people mover track is being demolished. It will be replaced with a brand new track that will be SIMILAR but not exact to the peoplemover layout. This version will be built from the ground up for a speeder bike coaster (originally going to be TRON themed now will be Star Wars themed).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Miceage says it was a system designed for Tron, figured that it was what is going into Shanghai. It's a sort of fan generated rumor . . . "Shanghai gets a Tron motor bike coaster, so DL will get a bike coaster too, where the rocket rod went and . . . theme it like Star Wars."

Indeed. Fan based. That's where you're being led wrongly. Like I said, WDI had a proposed design for WDW Tomorrowland four years ago.

Captain Chaos

Let's make this easy to understand. The existing people mover track is being demolished. It will be replaced with a brand new track that will be SIMILAR but not exact to the peoplemover layout. This version will be built from the ground up for a speeder bike coaster (originally going to be TRON themed now will be Star Wars themed).
Neo, why are you even trying? Some people just like to.. well, never mind...

Pixiedustmaker

I know all about the Rods.... and read the pervious page of this thread too.

Not all the new turns need to be banked. Not all have to be taken at speed. Like I said, don't think of a bike coaster as per a third party design of the same name.

Have you taken any upper division physics or math courses? Just kinda curious.

TP2000

I don't think MiceAge hates WDW, but to be fair Al Lutz highlights the smallest "plus" at Disneyland and downplays all but earth shattering positives at WDW. But that's his bag... he's a west coast DL guy. @KevinYee is much more balanced, in my opinion.

It's a Disneyland website. About Disneyland. And Al Lutz is the man who owns/runs it all. He doesn't cover WDW, and it's only mentioned in passing when it pertains to something happening at Disneyland.

It's a Disneyland website and there's plenty to cover at Disneyland and his audience eats it up, so he doesn't talk about WDW much. There's just no real need. Nor does he talk much about Sea World or Knott's Berry Farm or the price of tea in China.

Captain Neo

Kat's_swoop_bike.jpg

get hyped

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom