Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

lazyboy97o

I remember hearing that the DCA Plans were in flux up until the day they were announced and if it were not announced at just the right time we might still have Sunshine Plaza.
That project was heavily influenced by the perceived threatening political climate in Anaheim. Disney thought they were in for a fight over the Anaheim Resort District and had to prove to the city that they were committed to investment in the Disneyland Resort. I definitely agree that Buena Vista Street likely would have been axed if they could do it again. This based on all of the reports about how retail managers still cannot figure out why people don't want the generic Disney stuff that is for sale, thus blaming the doors being closed or the "clutter" in the windows.

HMF

I definitely agree that Buena Vista Street likely would have been axed if they could do it again. This based on all of the reports about how retail managers still cannot figure out why people don't want the generic Disney stuff that is for sale, thus blaming the doors being closed or the "clutter" in the windows.
What a sad statement that is.

MattM

That, and Blackstone totally set this IPO up to saddle SEAS with an unmanageable load of debt relative to it's revenues and SEAS needs to raise cash quickly or find themselves in a world of hurt in two years. It's probably also that.

Probably more that.

Captain Neo

Wait according to Jim Hill the big "Star wars land" consists of....

a ride where you sit in front of a video screen and....another spinner?

Way to go Disney

Captain Neo

Where are you getting that? In fact, I thought Jim Hill specifically mentioned the bike coaster that others have talked about.

His podcast from July 1st. Where are you getting bike coaster?? He clearly said its a simulator ride where 50 people each sit on a speeder bike and its a giant video screen around you that makes you feel like your going fast complete with wind, smells, etc. It's like a modified version of Soarin'

El Grupo

Wait according to Jim Hill the big "Star wars land" consists of....

a ride where you sit in front of a video screen and....another spinner?

Way to go Disney

I could be mistaken, but I suspect that the E-Ticket for a SW land will be quite a bit more than just sitting in front of a giant screen. Sounds like what WDI is developing for AK could be way beyond that. Can't imagine they would do less for a much larger, company-owned franchise.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney use their patented "planes" twister technology (vs. the typical spinner) that was recently floating around this board.

SJN1279

His podcast from July 1st. Where are you getting bike coaster?? He clearly said its a simulator ride where 50 people each sit on a speeder bike and its a giant video screen around you that makes you feel like your going fast complete with wind, smells, etc. It's like a modified version of Soarin'
I am intrigued about the proposed competition aspect of the ride.

pheneix

Original Poster

A lot of us have either seen or heard of a pitch to take the Tron Lightcycle ride concept for Shanghai Disneyland and put a Star Wars theme package around it and use that as one of the anchor attractions in the new Star Wars development. That is all.

Monstropolis hasn't been confirmed yet. Still considered a rumor.

The project that DCA just sent height balloons up for is a done deal. I hesitate to share more in this instance. Maybe sometime soon or when someone else blows open the key details of the ride and I don't get yelled at for being a "point of failure" again.

Californian Elitist

The project that DCA just sent height balloons up for is a done deal. I hesitate to share more in this instance. Maybe sometime soon or when someone else blows open the key details of the ride and I don't get yelled at for being a "point of failure" again.

I know about the height balloons. I'm just hoping they weren't for this Monstropolis idea. I'm not fond of the idea, so I'm just being hopeful they were for something else.

Turtle

Nah, too much of a good thing is not a problem.
Too much of a good thing is what is causing even die-hard Disney fans to bail on the Pixie dust and head north for some real thrills and excitement.
There are many reasons (although one is more obvious than any other - $$$$$$) why theme parks limit new attractions. Overwhelming patrons with too much "goodness" isn't one of them.
One per year - I WISH!
This is happening to me (Going to Uni in 2-3 weeks)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom