Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

doctornick

I am a little concerned with them making the smallest park smaller, but overall massive excitement from my end.

Agreed. The good news is that the plan seems to be to make more land walkable (particularly, the space used by LMA/Backlot -- which is large -- becoming part of a Cars themed land) which can help to spread out crowds. But I hope there are plans to expand the guest areas to some of the current backstage space. Will the area behind Backlot Express (parade storage) be used for Star Wars? How about Soundstage 1 and the backstage areas behind it (which includes the large practice area for LMA)? If the parking toll road is being re-routed to off of Victory Way, will the current access road be repurposed for park use? Will the Premiere Theater ever get back a permanent show?

NoChesterHester

Agreed. The good news is that the plan seems to be to make more land walkable (particularly, the space used by LMA/Backlot -- which is large -- becoming part of a Cars themed land) which can help to spread out crowds. But I hope there are plans to expand the guest areas to some of the current backstage space. Will the area behind Backlot Express (parade storage) be used for Star Wars? How about Soundstage 1 and the backstage areas behind it (which includes the large practice area for LMA)? If the parking toll road is being re-routed to off of Victory Way, will the current access road be repurposed for park use? Will the Premiere Theater ever get back a permanent show?

If they really are doing a full re-planning and re-branding of the park I'm hoping they properly plan for future expansion. How and where will new things be added? Can they clean up the circulation pattern of the park? Park beutification is a must. It is easily their ugliest park in Florida.

doctornick

If they really are doing a full re-planning and re-branding of the park I'm hoping they properly plan for future expansion. How and where will new things be added? Can they clean up the circulation pattern of the park? Park beutification is a must. It is easily their ugliest park in Florida.

Agreed. I hope they work on both planning for future expansion (don't cut off potential backstage areas or other expansion pads that could be used in the future). And work on making the layout of the park flow better and just beatify the sections.

I'd love to see them create some sort of connection between RNR and Animation Courtyard. Probably won't happen this expansion, but it would be really good for making it easier to get around the park. Otherwise, they are two dead ends.

NoChesterHester

I'd love to see them create some sort of connection between RNR and Animation Courtyard. Probably won't happen this expansion, but it would be really good for making it easier to get around the park. Otherwise, they are two dead ends.

I've always thought this as well. Total shame that Sunset is a quarter mile dead end.

My other concern stems from the diagram of the future plans posted on here a couple days ago... I absolutely love Star Wars and Pixar Movies, but there better be a way to add something else down the way. Those a currently the big fish, sure... but eventually there will be something else every bit as massive in popularity.

mickey2008.1

Just do a limited time experience, make it look like the deathstar, big star wars weekend, and bllow it up! Because by the time anything gets done, I will be dead,just like the deathstar!

raymusiccity

All of the above, plus it was enormously expensive due to the need of many CM's to do the tours. And like it was said...it no longer had anything to show anyone. I think, not sure, the old sound stage that housed the New Mickey Mouse Club is now TSM.

I guess that once it closed up as a studio they just lost the need or desire to continue with the tour when really there was no need for a backlot anymore. It's hard to fake that much and make it believable.

TSM is in the studio that housed 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' . I was wearing my 'WWTBAM' hat when one of the cast members told me that I was riding TSM where they had the simulated quiz show. I was disqualified when I couldn't remember the name of Charly Browns younger brother! If you made it to the million dollar level you won a Disney Cruise. (Not too shabby).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've always thought this as well. Total shame that Sunset is a quarter mile dead end.

My other concern stems from the diagram of the future plans posted on here a couple days ago... I absolutely love Star Wars and Pixar Movies, but there better be a way to add something else down the way. Those a currently the big fish, sure... but eventually there will be something else every bit as massive in popularity.
That's what I hate about these HUGE threads.

What plans are you referring to that were posted on here a few days ago?

This is page #55....I'm not about to go back and search 54 pages.:eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
TSM is in the studio that housed 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' . I was wearing my 'WWTBAM' hat when one of the cast members told me that I was riding TSM where they had the simulated quiz show. I was disqualified when I couldn't remember the name of Charly Browns younger brother! If you made it to the million dollar level you won a Disney Cruise. (Not too shabby).
Is that a trick question? His younger sister is Sally. I don't believe there was a younger brother to Charlie Brown.

stevehousse

Please stop suggesting they are moving roads and parking lots! Not gonna happen! For the expansions, they will be refurbing existing park areas and using some of the expansion pads they have!

doctornick

Please stop suggesting they are moving roads and parking lots! Not gonna happen! For the expansions, they will be refurbing existing park areas and using some of the expansion pads they have!

What "expansion pad" would they be using for this? I haven't heard of any. It all seems to be repurposing existing guest areas (though we are short on specifics at this point in time).

As for "moving roads and parking lots", that's not exactly tough to do. Building on top of existing roads is pretty easy and cheap compared to tearing down buildings I would think. And adding more surface parking to the opposite end of the existing lot would be fairly trivial as well (as would building a new access road off of Victory Way which has been rumored).

Goofyernmost

OK, but it is still possible that before it was "millionaire" it was the sound stage for MMC. :cool:

Thrill Seeker

The only backstage area I could see being repurposed would be where the former parade storage building is located. I'm guessing this expansion work is why the parade and DCR were removed in the first place... Other than that, all other backstage areas are important and kinda have to stay.

olinecoach61

Any revision of DHS is welcomed for me, that park needs help! I love TSMM, RNRC, and TOT but beyond that I always leave wanting more. More Star Wars or monsters inc would be great.

doctornick

The only backstage area I could see being repurposed would be where the former parade storage building is located. I'm guessing this expansion work is why the parade and DCR were removed in the first place... Other than that, all other backstage areas are important and kinda have to stay.

What about the large area of road (behind Soundstage 1 and TSMM) that is used as a practice area for LMA? If LMA is not long for this world, there would be little reason for keeping that area and it could be used as part of a Pixar Place expansion.

RSoxNo1

And yet, there are little boys in Fantasyland right now. And girls in Frontierland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Dinoland and every other land that is primarily aimed at male interests.

If you're arguing that people are still holding on to backwards notions, then we are arguing the same thing. My point is that the people who validate that stigma need to step into the 21st century.
Yes, it's because people are holding on to dated principles, but many of these people are children and I can't really blame them.

Based on three thrill rides? I'd say it's the decade-old stage show park.

I suppose a lot depends on what you define as a "thrill park". To me, it has a long, long way to go before it approaches thrill park territory. Even the three thrill rides it has are pretty tame.
Yeah, it's pretty much based on 3 thrill rides, but it's likely to get at least 2 more with height requirements as well. It's a thrill park relative to the other Disney theme parks.

AndyMagic

Proof? http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

SW Ep 1 #17
SW Ep 2 #87 (This is the only one to not kick the crap out of HP) LOL
SW Ep 3 #60
SW Ep 4 #2
SW Ep 5 #12
SW Ep 6 #15

HP 1 #69
HP 2 #122
HP 3 #156
HP 4 #120
HP 5 #139
HP 6 #154
HP 7_1 #188
HP 7_2 #106

I'll put my money with SW ANY day.

By the way, I just asked my friend's kids (10 and 8) who Harry Potter was. Their response.... that stupid magic kid with the dork glasses. Yeah, he'll be around for decades to come. :rolleyes:

You foolishly used domestic grosses instead of worldwide grosses in your example. Harry Potter films on average out gross all Star Wars movies when looking at Worldwide Totals instead of just America.

Even the top grossing Star Wars film comes in about 300 MILLION bucks below the top grossing HP film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom