Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

I encountered one on real life, early morning, free comics day at a local comic book store. This middle aged man came up to me and began to babble about how cool my 7 y/o daughter was for liking My Little Pony. I slowly backed away and kept him under surveillance....In the car, I told my wife about this and she knew all about bronies.

I have a friend who is all into bronies. There really is something wrong with them. They ruin my little pony with their nasty fan fic. Ugh *rolls eyes*

asianway

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=945509227

I also can't find the other news article but for the past 2-1/2 years Universal has seen meteoric attendance increases thanks to Harry Potter. Finally, in late 2012 it started to level out but now they have Transformers 3D which is supposed to be excellent. Disney on the other hand has only grown at about 2.3% over the same time period. Those numbers are off the top of my head from memory but are relatively close.
She just got back from their first Disney vacation this month. And the pixie dust blinders are in full effect.

Assuming they are being truthful in their posts, a great example of why things are why they are. Or as I was told so coldly on micechat - why we cant have nice things.

Disney is willing to right off the teen demographic because, as a group, they do not have enough disposable income. That's it. They're not the ones driving the growth at Universal Orlando Resort, particularly the explosion in merchandise sales. With families, the parents really are the key, regardless of if they have toddlers or teenagers. Entertaining them directly, not vicariously, and their children of many ages and you'll loosen up their wallet.
And you've figured it out! This is why Disney rocks. You're admitting how ingenious they are.... awhhh

I encountered one on real life, early morning, free comics day at a local comic book store. This middle aged man came up to me and began to babble about how cool my 7 y/o daughter was for liking My Little Pony. I slowly backed away and kept him under surveillance....In the car, I told my wife about this and she knew all about bronies.
I've had one of those moments to. One time my daughter got a pony, and the cashier knew it's name! He was about to go on until I asked him about a target card.

hull327

When I was at Animal Kingdom in October there's the meet and greet with Aladdin and Princess Jasmine. My kids and wife get in line and there's this late-30's guy standing in line as well and I just assume he's got kids that hopped out of line for the bathroom or something. It gets to be his turn and he walks up and puts his arm around Jasmine and says, "It's so great to finally meet you. I'm so excited..." and poses for a pic. He then hangs around and was kindly sort of pushed along so the next set of kids could get in. What caused me to worry was the "It's so great to finally meet you..." comment like Jasmine was a real person and the movie was a documentary or something. Creepy.

When I was at Animal Kingdom in October there's the meet and greet with Aladdin and Princess Jasmine. My kids and wife get in line and there's this late-30's guy standing in line as well and I just assume he's got kids that hopped out of line for the bathroom or something. It gets to be his turn and he walks up and puts his arm around Jasmine and says, "It's so great to finally meet you. I'm so excited..." and poses for a pic. He then hangs around and was kindly sort of pushed along so the next set of kids could get in. What caused me to worry was the "It's so great to finally meet you..." comment like Jasmine was a real person and the movie was a documentary or something. Creepy.
Umm... That's just wierd. o_O

Does it ever bother you when people don't have a nice large clean piece of paper for characters to sign? I know, it's random. Some people at Disney are way unprepared. I think some characters should just refuse, if it falls into the character's personality to say no. lol I guess that's mean of me.

Thrill Seeker

Okay, since when is Gastons tavern and Dumbo or Goofy and even the Seven Dwarves girly? This expansion wasn't to girly.

The original proposed New Fantasyland featured Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meet and greets as well as Pixie Hollow. That was way too girly. Axing Pixie Hollow and those two meet and greets in favor of the Mine Train was the right call.

Walt Disney deliberately and explicitly sought not to aim for children. He even said that you're "dead" if you aim only for children. The whole carousel story is about wanting more than vicarious enjoyment for parents.
Ohhh, so you're saying the park isn't the way Walt Disney would have wanted it to be? Like if he were still alive it would be a lot different. =/
Trying to understand.

I must be such a lil kid at heart.

wdwfan4ver

DHS has one coaster and a drop ride; DAK has 2 coasters and a dark ride. How are those "thrill parks"?
You forgot to mention that Star Tours: The Adventure Continues as a thrill ride since the attraction is a motion simulator. While Star Tours is a mild as a Motion Simulator compare to Mission: Space Orange version, it is technically a thrill ride.

Motion Simulators in nature are thrill rides despite the fact some of them are mild.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom