Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Jimmy Thick

Lets consider this speculated expansion is true and we are getting an announcement at D23.
Do you think we just get a verbal announcement, concept art, scale model or something else?

Why would Disney wait until D23 to announce any potential DHS refreshing when if it includes any kind of Star Wars concept it would make better business sense to release this information in a more public manner?

If there is Star Wars, its bigger than D23.

Jimmy Thick- Fanobi's. Think of the Fanboi's.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If they do actually build any of this stuff, they should bring back Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Play it, quick, easy people eater.

Muppets, while I enjoy them, are completely expendable if it means more Star Wars. Its not like they can't move that theatre with the film someplace else without much difficulty.

Rollings will make another Potter if she needs the cash. In this day and age of penniless celebrities, never say never.

Seriously, I would love any more Star Wars, I truly would, but if there were actual plans, or any kind of development of a Star Wars Land, it would have leaked by now. Star Wars is way to big to keep under wraps and it would be foolish for Disney not to say something, or have it "leaked" because the word of mouth alone would save Disney advertising dollars that could be better used for management bonuses. /sarc.

I love the speculation, I love reading the back and forth of who knows what, but its just impossible to believe any of this until I see a blueprint.

Jimmy Thick- Do carry on though!!!

There have been a lot of rumors about the content of a Star Wars land so any of these could actually be leaks, but we won't know until something is officially announced.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why would Disney wait until D23 to announce any potential DHS refreshing when if it includes any kind of Star Wars concept it would make better business sense to release this information in a more public manner?

You actually think an official announcement of a Star Wars land at D23 would get any less press coverage then if it was announced more "publically"? One site posts a rumor about a Star Wars land and it's all over the net in minutes.

Jimmy Thick

There have been a lot of rumors about the content of a Star Wars land so any of these could actually be leaks, but we won't know until something is officially announced.

I get that, but we would have gotten something concrete, something truly validated if Star Wars was involved.

Jimmy Thick- Again, think about the fanboi...

PeterAlt

Just read that Star Wars Land is pretty much official for Paris. Therefore, it has a good chance to come here too.

lazyboy97o

Seriously, I would love any more Star Wars, I truly would, but if there were actual plans, or any kind of development of a Star Wars Land, it would have leaked by now. Star Wars is way to big to keep under wraps and it would be foolish for Disney not to say something, or have it "leaked" because the word of mouth alone would save Disney advertising dollars that could be better used for management bonuses. /sarc.
So? You're just ignoring the specifics of the matter at hand. Disney has become a company ruled by fear of risk. There is little surprise left in their moves.

Jimmy Thick

You actually think an official announcement of a Star Wars land at D23 would get any less press coverage then if it was announced more "publically"? One site posts a rumor about a Star Wars land and it's all over the net in minutes.

D23 is not the proper venue for something like Star Wars, and I believe Disney knows this. If there was a Star Wars announcement at D23 it would have been leaked by now and there would be world wide press covering it, there would be some kind of substantiated information already leaked, there is nothing of the sort.

People don't realize how big Star Wars is, it was front page entertainment news when the new films were announced, do people really think a dedicated theme area would receive no less of a huge display?

D23 is the right medium to announce something like that?

I don't think so.

Jimmy Thick- My opinion.

Tim_4

D23 is not the proper venue for something like Star Wars, and I believe Disney knows this. If there was a Star Wars announcement at D23 it would have been leaked by now and there would be world wide press covering it, there would be some kind of substantiated information already leaked, there is nothing of the sort.

People don't realize how big Star Wars is, it was front page entertainment news when the new films were announced, do people really think a dedicated theme area would receive no less of a huge display?

I don't think so.

Jimmy Thick- My opinion.
Didn't they announce Star Tours 2 at D23?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I don't think so.

Jimmy Thick- My opinion.

D23 isn't next week. If Star Wars is on the agenda I am betting we will know it on these boards before the actual announcement. Other than Avatar which involved a 3rd party when have they announced anything without it leaking first?

Jimmy Thick

So? You're just ignoring the specifics of the matter at hand. Disney has become a company ruled by fear of risk. There is little surprise left in their moves.

I highly doubt Disney has anything to fear financially when it comes to anything Star Wars.

Jimmy Thick- Money, all it will do is make money.

topher

I think bringing out Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia for a panel discussion and then dropping a Star Wars Land expansion bomb will blow the roof off of any formal press release from some Disney brass hugging George Lucas.
I'm not saying this is even remotely a possibility.. It would just be really cool!

Jimmy Thick

Didn't they announce Star Tours 2 at D23?

How do you compare Star Tours 2 with a possible themed land? The scope is possibly Star Wars Weekends in a corner of the parks, that needs a bigger stage, and much more hullabaloo.

Jimmy Thick- Precision presentations designed to reach everyone.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think so.

Jimmy Thick- My opinion.

I have been a Star Wars fan all my life, I KNOW how big it is. My point is, the news is so big, the venue it's announced at makes little difference.

lazyboy97o

I highly doubt Disney has anything to fear financially when it comes to anything Star Wars.

Jimmy Thick- Money, all it will do is make money.
Which is why it's an obvious choice, because they're afraid of risk and something as big as Star Wars, on the face of it, has less risk involved.

Jimmy Thick

D23 isn't next week. If Star Wars is on the agenda I am betting we will know it on these boards before the actual announcement. Other than Avatar which involved a 3rd party when have they announced anything without it leaking first?

But if, and this is my opinion, if there is something being prepared, word would have got out by now just to build it up.

Jimmy Thick- Like when Iger was rumored to be at DHS for a announcement.

topher

D23 is only a little less than 2 months away. Thats when I would announce it and I would hint at it like crazy for the next two months before a formal announcement at the expo. Apple waited until their conference every year to announce their new tech and it was the hottest topic on the internet for months leading up to it every single year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom