Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Pixiedustmaker

My question is, will the park close during the construction?

Let's see:

10 million guests a year times, let's say an average guest spends a measly $100 a day in the park, that would be a loss of $1 billion a year, minus expenses of course.

Sure, they'll shutdown DHS for a couple years . . . of course, it means that all of the other parks will close due to capacity issues at 11 a.m., some angry guests, and guests demanding refunds. An extra 3 million to the other parks, no problem!

Pixiedustmaker

For all the speculation about Carsland, I'm surprised there aren't more Dinosaurland rumors.

The-Good-Dinosaur-Concept-Art.jpg

The teaser to Pixar's The Good Dinosaur will be released soon, and I'm guessing it will be visually stunning. Personally, I think a Dinosaurland would work much better in Florida's climate as putting in a lot of trees would be part of the landscaping for such a land. Plus, Disney could work on building one of the world's biggest animatronic, in the form of a dinosaur. Kids love toys cars, but they are also fascinated with dinosaurs.

FrankLapidus

For all the speculation about Carsland, I'm surprised there aren't more Dinosaurland rumors.

The teaser to Pixar's The Good Dinosaur will be released soon, and I'm guessing it will be visually stunning. Personally, I think a Dinosaurland would work much better in Florida's climate as putting in a lot of trees would be part of the landscaping for such a land. Plus, Disney could work on building one of the world's biggest animatronic, in the form of a dinosaur. Kids love toys cars, but they are also fascinated with dinosaurs.

When you say Dinosaurland do you mean Dinoland USA?

Dinosaurland would not fit in DHS thematically whatsoever. Although, that hasn't seemed to stop Disney before... ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Yes, because Disney is very good at maintaining extremely large animatronics. Why not just build a sculpture and use strobe lights?

aladdin2007

I don't get why Lights Motors Action - that fills up for every show in a packed auditorium would go anywhere... Especially if you are building a cars themed land which could tweak the show to be a cars 2 type set up.... It's a huge crowd absorber - which will be needed if attendance levels rise to what anybody on here would like.

Its packed because theres little to do in the park in the first place, and its the only main thing back in that area, so everyone piles in to the compact venue. Its also a very costly show, I think they were looking at a way to get out from under it really, and this would open up space along with the backlot for carsland, if that plan follows through. It eats people up true but I dont think it exactly has a huge following and for the most part would not be a big loss. They can utilize that area so much better than it is now.

Pixiedustmaker

Assuming that any of this actually happens?

No. The park will remain open. DCA did.

Not much in terms of ride capacity was lost when DCA was under the knife, (if I remember correctly) Maybe Golden Dreams? They smartly got World of Color and Mermaid opened before Carsland, so DCA actually slowly added capacity, overall, during the construction.

Certainly, shutting down LMA/Backlot/Muppets/Sci-Fi, (Backlot Express?) would be a much higher percentage of shuttered attractions in a park that gets a lot more guests than DCA 1.0 . . . Seems to me that the suits car about quarterly results, not so sure they'd be OK with the chaos that would result.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Over the past few years it seems like rides are getting shorter. Disney needs to build a exciting ride that last for awhile so people can enjoy it. The ride should not be as long as UoE. But not as short as the teacups. If they build a roller coaster to Monsters inc. there are times during that scene where it is slowed down while going through doors. They should use this to help maximize ride time by letting the riders experience the randomness of the doors by moving in and out of doors. The Rooms can change (by projection or lighting) so everytime its a different ride, much like in Star tours. They should include a high speed chance involving Randell. This would be a very unique ride. What they do is up to them. But i fear it wont be much. Maybe a small simulation ride that can be changed.
Reading back on this, I feel like i should build the ride :rolleyes:. I wish I could. I have some great ideas that i would love to see come true.

Pixiedustmaker

Yes, because Disney is very good at maintaining extremely large animatronics. Why not just build a sculpture and use strobe lights?

Everything is foam now! Yeah, I guess it would be hard, to bad they haven't done something like this before, like maybe a dragon that comes up out of nowhere and breathes fire. Too bad they haven't asked Garner Holt to do that. Also too bad they don't have a flying dragon machine thingy . . .

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Everything is foam now! Yeah, I guess it would be hard, to bad they haven't done something like this before, like maybe a dragon that comes up out of nowhere and breathes fire. Too bad they haven't asked Garner Holt to do that. Also too bad they don't have a flying dragon machine thingy . . .

Even worse that they only used it once.

wdwfan4ver

Certainly, shutting down LMA/Backlot/Muppets/Sci-Fi, (Backlot Express?) would be a much higher percentage of shuttered attractions in a park that gets a lot more guests than DCA 1.0 . . .
When did Eating places are considered to be attractions?

I am saying that because SCi-FI and Backlot Express are eating places, but yet you counted them as as attractions.

FrankLapidus

Pure speculation on my part, but Pixar's 2014 film seems to be more suited to a theme park experience than most produced by Disney/Pixar. Kids love dinosaurs, adults too.

I agree with you in this case. I think the film, if it's as brilliant as Pixar's usual efforts, could be the ideal solution to the mess that is Dinoland USA. The film's concept of a world where dinosaurs never became extinct could be perfect for Animal Kindgom and would allow for the removal of the Chester & Hester fair overlay that to me has always felt like a placeholder until a better, more permanent idea for that bit of land came to the fore.

Equally I'm intrigued by the concept of Pete Docter's Inside Out and think that concept could be a solution to some of the thematic mess at Epcot. It's all speculation but they're both concepts that could conceivably work very well in a theme park and solve some of the problems that exist at both Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

Pixiedustmaker

When did Eating places are considered to be attractions?

I am saying that because SCi-FI and Backlot Express are eating places, but yet you counted them as as attractions.

Them "eating places" soak up guests, and are an important part of any theme park. Though with the removal of attractions, (not sure how many the current "rumor" has listed), but I guess less guests means much less of a need for restaurants. My mistake listing them as attractions . . . just a list of all of the stuff that theoretically will be removed.

I guess less guests at DHS means less of a need for bathrooms too.

doctornick

Not much in terms of ride capacity was lost when DCA was under the knife, (if I remember correctly) Maybe Golden Dreams? They smartly got World of Color and Mermaid opened before Carsland, so DCA actually slowly added capacity, overall, during the construction.

Certainly, shutting down LMA/Backlot/Muppets/Sci-Fi, (Backlot Express?) would be a much higher percentage of shuttered attractions in a park that gets a lot more guests than DCA 1.0 . . . Seems to me that the suits car about quarterly results, not so sure they'd be OK with the chaos that would result.

They could build something in the Sounds Dangerous theater (like a permanent Jedi Training Academy), Soundstage 1 (like a Monsters Inc ride) or backstage behind Backlot Express (current parade/costume buildings which are being repurposed) without impacting current guest capacity. I actually agree with you that they need to increase capacity first before shutting down attractions -- so working on those areas immediately and fast tracking it can help to relieve problems when LMA/Backlot Theater or IJ stunt show are (theoretically) closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom