Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Cesar R M

Is Pixie Hollow a personal favorite of yours?

You believe that in the future, one of the most iconic of iconic MK rides, one that has appeared in nearly every advertisement that ever has been about WDW, one that is seen as a childhood rite of passage, is going to be "reskinned"?
I'm surprised you guys do not have this person on ignore.
he goes a looong way on his rants.

Also, did he finally go to WDW? I still remember when he said he hasn't seen ANY of the parks at Orlando. Yet he claims to be an expert. throwing random "ideas" that make not much sense.

Last edited:

The Duck

The Mine Coaster has been a concept for over a decade if I recall... it predated the NFL expansion plans, and was dusted off when they pulled back on the NextGen M&G concepts. But that was just a concept... not the same ride we ended up getting,
I was walking through Fantasyland with a (former) CM friend back in 2006 when he pointed to where 20K used to be and said that there had been rumors of a 7 Dwarf roller coaster going in that area. While CM gossip is usually not valid, he seemed to know what he was talking about nine years ago.

Fantasmicguy

Careful what you wish for. You may wind up with a Radio Disney themed RnRC. Truthfully I wish they had rethemed it to Phineas and Ferb back when it was in its heyday.
Honestly I wouldn't mind if it stayed as aeorosmith for good but PandF would have worked perfectly as they have many cool songs including a song about a coaster.

AEfx

I don't know they do have quite a large adult fan base.

LOL, I knew I should have added an addendum to the post. ;)

Yes, like most Disney products, there are adult fans. But it's a TV show primarily targeted to children, I just don't think it would have worked (or work) in what arguably is the most extreme roller coaster on property (Everest has some longer drops, of course, but it's the only one that goes upside down and unless I'm totally spacing it, the only launched coaster).

They would need to be in a family-friendly ride, if they were added (and since the show is over, it's probably best not to at this point of course anyway).

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Yes, like most Disney products, there are adult fans. But it's a TV show primarily targeted to children, I just don't think it would have worked (or work) in what arguably is the most extreme roller coaster on property (Everest has some longer drops, of course, but it's the only one that goes upside down and unless I'm totally spacing it, the only launched coaster).

They would need to be in a family-friendly ride, if they were added (and since the show is over, it's probably best not to at this point of course anyway).
Agreed. The Perry Attraction is probably all we'll see (which, I'm also fine with). I'm just glad it didn't take over Imagination (and I'm hoping Inside Out doesn't either).

AEfx

Agreed. The Perry Attraction is probably all we'll see (which, I'm also fine with). I'm just glad it didn't take over Imagination (and I'm hoping Inside Out doesn't either).

I'm kind of conflicted/ambivalent about IO and Imagination...yes, I'd rather Figment come back in all his glory, and I haven't seen IO and I probably won't for the foreseeable future (just not my thing), but...if the decision is between leaving it the way it is, or getting something new in there - I have to say - something new would probably be my choice.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm kind of conflicted/ambivalent about IO and Imagination...yes, I'd rather Figment come back in all his glory, and I haven't seen IO and I probably won't for the foreseeable future (just not my thing), but...if the decision is between leaving it the way it is, or getting something new in there - I have to say - something new would probably be my choice.
I want a new Figgy/Dreamfinder ride in the main pavilion. However, I'm ok with IPs moving into Imageworks or the EO section (Imageworks is pretty lame compared to what it used to be, and EO, while a personal favorite of mine, is long in the tooth and could go away without me being too upset). Inside Out could work well as an EO replacement (though, as many have said, I'd prefer to see it headline a return of Wonders of Life), and P&F would easily fit well as an Imageworks "Imagination" playground.

But...Figgy needs to stay.

cookiee_munster

dunno if it should belong in here...

but could some nice person take an aerial view of disney studios and highlight all the attractions that are currently scheduled to close or have closed? i'd do it myself, but i have no idea whats closing and whats staying and i haven't been in over 15yrs so i don't exactly know where everything is.

i just want to see the scale of this makeover.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But isn't Inside Out kind of a rewrite of Cranium Command which already had a full show in the Wonders Of Life Pavilion? Could they not get another sponsor for that pavilion and reboot it with the Inside Out Characters hosting? ...then Imagination can be Figment's Pavilion...

There is nothing making the WOL pavilion good for Inside out except for people's memories.. and the fact it's not replacing an existing attraction. Anything tying the concepts together is long long gone. It's greatest value is 'we don't have to build a new building!'

dstrawn9889

dunno if it should belong in here...

but could some nice person take an aerial view of disney studios and highlight all the attractions that are currently scheduled to close or have closed? i'd do it myself, but i have no idea whats closing and whats staying and i haven't been in over 15yrs so i don't exactly know where everything is.

i just want to see the scale of this makeover.
mgm-map.jpg

remove all of 9, 2 is now frozen, 13 is gone (to be reimagined/reconfigured to better utilize space, by what i have heard)

Fantasmicguy

I agree I was just saying. Also Everest doesn't have a full loop but it has a corkscrew when you go backwards

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom