Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

jt04

Can you provide the post where you first said this, because I know it has been said by others before now. I want to be sure the correct person gets credit for this idea. ;)

That is fine with me. I am not sure who said it because the first I read it was as I wrote it. All I care is that it happens at some point.

Pixie Hollow Lives.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is fine with me. I am not sure who said it because the first I read it was as I wrote it. All I care is that it happens at some point.

Pixie Hollow Lives.

I sort of wish they had put Dumbo at the other end of that land like they originally planned because where it's at now makes it a little harder to re-theme that area. Without it they could expand down into the Speedway.

jt04

I sort of wish they had put Dumbo at the other end of that land like they originally planned because where it's at now makes it a little harder to re-theme that area. Without it they could expand down into the Speedway.

The double spinner looks permanent but the theme could easily be changed. Anything from pirate ships to X-wing fighters. The MK has a long evolution in front of it.

PS- The tea cups can also be rethemed.

AEfx

Pixie Hollow Lives.

Is Pixie Hollow a personal favorite of yours?

The double spinner looks permanent but the theme could easily be changed. Anything from pirate ships to X-wing fighters. The MK has a long evolution in front of it.

You believe that in the future, one of the most iconic of iconic MK rides, one that has appeared in nearly every advertisement that ever has been about WDW, one that is seen as a childhood rite of passage, is going to be "reskinned"?

AEfx

I highly doubt they will ever retheme Dumbo, it is far to iconic.

I rarely say never, but that is one case where I would take that leap, LOL. It's in such demand they just had to double the size of it. They will never "reskin" Dumbo, unless they rebuilt it elsewhere in the park - and at this point, with MK already having two spinners, they really don't need a third (and it would be embarrassing for them to, quite honestly).

Mike S

I rarely say never, but that is one case where I would take that leap, LOL. It's in such demand they just had to double the size of it. They will never "reskin" Dumbo, unless they rebuilt it elsewhere in the park - and at this point, with MK already having two spinners, they really don't need a third (and it would be embarrassing for them to, quite honestly).
They already have three: Dumbo, Aladdin, and Astro Orbiter.

jt04

Is Pixie Hollow a personal favorite of yours?

You believe that in the future, one of the most iconic of iconic MK rides, one that has appeared in nearly every advertisement that ever has been about WDW, one that is seen as a childhood rite of passage, is going to be "reskinned"?

Yes, unless imagination is outlawed at some point. Which isn't impossible I might add.

jt04

Dumbo will not always be a relateable as it has been even if it is one of JL's favs. Pixie Hollow/Neverland however is timeless.

AEfx

Dumbo will not always be a relateable as it has been even if it is one of JL's favs. Pixie Hollow/Neverland however is timeless.

Sometimes, when you post - I want to agree with you. I don't think you are entirely as batty as some (most?) folks seem to think you are. But when you say things like this it makes it very, very, very difficult to not think that your entire persona is a put on. ;)

jt04

Sometimes, when you post - I want to agree with you. I don't think you are entirely as batty as some (most?) folks seem to think you are. But when you say things like this it makes it very, very, very difficult to not think that your entire persona is a put on. ;)

Perhaps you are not aware of the latest implant tech.

AEfx

Oh-kay...now that I've done my charity work for the day - moving on...

I count three spinners- Dumbo, Aladdin and Astro Orbiter. And yeah overkill to put in more. Some might even argue the carousel as a spinner (though it's gorgeous and i'm happy it's there, wouldn't ever want it gone as it's just not a castle park without it).

You got me. ;) I block out Astro Orbiter haha. That is the one MK attraction I have never, ever been on. It's funny, when I was a kid I just was too scared of the height at 7 to go on it, and when I went back to WDW at 10 it was closed. As an adult it's never gotten me to go up, mostly because the TTA is right there and every time I think about it I just end up drifting over to TTA since it's one of the best rides in the park. Plus they let you stay on it as many times as you want. I think my personal record is 7 circuits - I've always said if they offered food delivery on that ride I'd spend the better part of the day.

AEfx

What world do you live in?

I believe he has admitted he is trolling - which is sad, because true or not it makes it look like all his posts are, and therefore are impossible to take seriously because of it. Like I said above, often I can agree at least partially with him, I think that people are ridiculously critical of Iger on this board and can't see what he's done for the company at large (they only look through WDW-colored glasses) - but I count this as a lesson learned. It's really too bad because he so desperately wants to be taken seriously and he's his own worst enemy.

invader

I believe he has admitted he is trolling - which is sad, because true or not it makes it look like all his posts are, and therefore are impossible to take seriously because of it. Like I said above, often I can agree at least partially with him, I think that people are ridiculously critical of Iger on this board and can't see what he's done for the company at large (they only look through WDW-colored glasses) - but I count this as a lesson learned. It's really too bad because he so desperately wants to be taken seriously and he's his own worst enemy.
His whole mantra of "I told you so" is actually a troll? The dude sometimes brings up decent points but I had jt on ignore for the longest time because of it, just ridiculous honestly. Recently took him off of ignore when 74 started his BoD thread because jt always provides for a great laugh when I need one.

jt04

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/06/kurzweil-brain-implants-prediction-for.html

jt04

His whole mantra of "I told you so" is actually a troll? The dude sometimes brings up decent points but I had jt on ignore for the longest time because of it, just ridiculous honestly. Recently took him off of ignore when 74 started his BoD thread because jt always provides for a great laugh when I need one.

Thank you. :cool:

PS-I was here long before 74 making the same bold predictions of a bright future for wdw. Including refuting that things were so bad it might be sold off in chunks. LOL. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom