Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

odmichael

There's no consensus that there is going to be a rebuild of DHS. People with inside info are hinting at it but at this point it seems to be more wishful thinking than anything solid.
Don't worry. We'll have our news once Disney sees a decrease in Time and Money spent at the park which I'm sure has already been on the decline for a while.

brb1006

Does this mean that Hollywood Studios might get the treatment California Adventure had by adding a new section based on the 1920s and 1900's?

Kman101

It's not really "wishful thinking". Plans exist for a park makeover, from what I gather. Things COULD be happening but they're delaying them for whatever reason.

afb28

not sure if discussed in here or not but was at Star Wars weekends on friday and noticed a new window dressing for once upon a time

18594293782_04d6a37e0b_c.jpg

I'm not the biggest once upon a time fan, but they killed it with all the details. My girlfriend stood her for a good 10 minutes looking at all of it and a CM that walked by said it was the first day the window was open.

G00fyDad

not sure if discussed in here or not but was at Star Wars weekends on friday and noticed a new window dressing for once upon a time

I'm not the biggest once upon a time fan, but they killed it with all the details. My girlfriend stood her for a good 10 minutes looking at all of it and a CM that walked by said it was the first day the window was open.

I want to see a straight shot of the window to see if there are items from the show in the window.

afb28

I want to see a straight shot of the window to see if there are items from the show in the window.
There are tons. Straight on the image just didn't work, but you can see the sorcerers hat in the top right, below that is excalibur, to the left of that is supposed to be the sorcerer's box (or something like that i was told), above that is the jolly roger in a bottle, there's also a chipped cup, candelabra, potions, paintings of different worlds. Essentially references to tons and tons of stuff.

Here's the original size ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginographer/18594293782/sizes/o/ ) so you can scroll around the photo to see some of em, but that panel closer to the sign is obviously missing a lot of the details from this angle.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Personally I think that Cars land should not be duplicated to HWS, but I do think that another Pixar property (maybe The Incredibles) should go where the Studio Backlot Tour once lay. I also think star wars land will take up indy, the surrounding area, and like the rumors suggest feature the speed bike simulator technology from the soon to open Shanghai Disney Resort, but instead based on the famous Star wars V scene. I believe though that they are waiting to see if duplicating a "wildly popular new land" will work by keeping close numbers at both locations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter once it opens in Hollywood for about 6-12 months after it is complete. If the numbers make sense Cars Land will come if not then oh well another Pixar property homefully. That's just a theory of mine though; who knows maybe the are waiting for the opportune moment to announce it when Star Wars VII comes out? Anyway the point of the matter is clear it is coming just a matter of when I mean the CEO himself said there was stuff coming! Anyway I have so many ideas for new rides etc; but I honestly have not more time to write.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to reply! Also this is my first post, so please critique me on what I do improved.

FigmentForver96

About time the show had more presence in the park...even if it is just a façade.

AEfx

Now THAT is the kind of cool thing I want to see more of again. I'm impressed, and it's been a darn long time since I've been able to say that.

I still want attractions, I still want big Star Wars, I still want everything else - but that level and attention to detail is going to charm the pants off a good many guests, and yet fits in so well with it's surroundings.

Well done.

HauntedMansionFLA

Personally I think that Cars land should not be duplicated to HWS, but I do think that another Pixar property (maybe The Incredibles) should go where the Studio Backlot Tour once lay. I also think star wars land will take up indy, the surrounding area, and like the rumors suggest feature the speed bike simulator technology from the soon to open Shanghai Disney Resort, but instead based on the famous Star wars V scene. I believe though that they are waiting to see if duplicating a "wildly popular new land" will work by keeping close numbers at both locations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter once it opens in Hollywood for about 6-12 months after it is complete. If the numbers make sense Cars Land will come if not then oh well another Pixar property homefully. That's just a theory of mine though; who knows maybe the are waiting for the opportune moment to announce it when Star Wars VII comes out? Anyway the point of the matter is clear it is coming just a matter of when I mean the CEO himself said there was stuff coming! Anyway I have so many ideas for new rides etc; but I honestly have not more time to write.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to reply! Also this is my first post, so please critique me on what I do improved.
It's been said before, but I would like for Disney to take out the Laugh Floor, Buzz at MK and Nemo, Crush at EPCOT and put them into DHS. Then build a couple of excellent E-rides to round out Pixar area. Throw in the Toy Story playground too.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
It's been said before, but I would like for Disney to take out the Laugh Floor, Buzz at MK and Nemo, Crush at EPCOT and put them into DHS. Then build a couple of excellent E-rides to round out Pixar area. Throw in the Toy Story playground too.

Please go look at the Toy Story Playland before wishing that carnival junk on another park in WDW...

*1023*

doctornick

:jawdrop: Opps - just saw it on YouTube. People were bragging it up. My bad :)

To be clear though, the rumor was a Toy Story Playland featuring a version of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree themed to Woody, a version of the currently-being-built new version of Luigi's Flying Tires (an LPS ride) themed to Buzz/spaceships and then RC Racer. At least on paper, it sounds like an upgrade of the Paris and HK versions of the land.

That said, DHS certainly needs a lot more content and Pixar provides a rich tapestry of options. I would like to think that we could get some quality dark rides out of the various IPs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom