Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

P_Radden

Lots of construction is going on right now at WDW. We've broken it down and discussed it over and over. Money is being spent. Things are getting done. Consider the big picture here and think long term. I believe as the current projects wrap up, new ones (more higher profile projects) will be announced.

The problem is we as a community are eager and impatient for scraps of news because of how slow things seem to be progressing. And because of all the announcements at the other non-Disney Florida parks. Yes, I wish they could spend billions at WDW insted of in China or on MM+, but at least things do look to be picking up and we do have lots going on in the mean time.

Last edited:

Mike S

Lots of construction is going on right now at WDW. We've broken it down and discussed it over and over. Money is being spent. Things are getting done. Consider the big picture here and think long term. I believe as the current projects wrap up, new ones (more higher profile projects) will be announced.

The problem is we as a community are eager and impatient for scraps of news because of how slow things seem to be progressing. And because of all the announcements at the other non-Disney Florida parks. Yes, I wish they could spend billions at WDW insted of in China or on MM+, but at least things do look to be picking up and we do have lots going on in the mean time.
Disney should've taken that advice. Instead of slowing down expansion, they should have been continually adding to the parks so they would've had enough capacity to deal with today's crowds. Instead we now have the shell game known as MM+ designed to push people to less popular attractions and/or ones that used to just be walk ons and never needed FP (HM, PotC, SSE, etc.).

Kman101

They should have kept going with DHS in 2008 after Toy Story Mania opened. We'd of had the Monsters Inc. coaster (imagine them opening it WITH the Monsters University movie!) ... and who knows what else. It's too bad they wasted several years by literally doing nothing and letting DHS and Epcot rot.

Mike S

They should have kept going with DHS in 2008 after Toy Story Mania opened. We'd of had the Monsters Inc. coaster (imagine them opening it WITH the Monsters University movie!) ... and who knows what else. It's too bad they wasted several years by literally doing nothing and letting DHS and Epcot rot.
Not to mention the years wasted on adding things to MK before NFL. There's no reason the 20k lagoon area had to sit unused for that long. Also Animal Kingdom since Everest.

Kman101

Not to mention the years wasted on adding things to MK before NFL. There's no reason the 20k lagoon area had to sit unused for that long. Also Animal Kingdom since Everest.

Exactly. The sub lagoon sat there for about 10 years before they added the Pooh playground. And then it still took another 10 years for Mermaid/Dwarfs to take it's place. I believe. That's just wrong on every level.

And Animal Kingdom was forgotten about after Everest and while we have the greatly themed Harambe expansion, that was a good seven or so years and we still have two more to go until Avatar/Rivers of Light.

They coasted for a *very* long time.

Mike S

Exactly. The sub lagoon sat there for about 10 years before they added the Pooh playground. And then it still took another 10 years for Mermaid/Dwarfs to take it's place. I believe. That's just wrong on every level.

And Animal Kingdom was forgotten about after Everest and while we have the greatly themed Harambe expansion, that was a good seven or so years and we still have two more to go until Avatar/Rivers of Light.

And now it's biting them in the butt. Crowds are ever increasing and there's not enough capacity to handle them.

Next Big Thing

RoL is opening next year ahead of Avatar, but yeah, they've coasted at DAK and in general for way too long.

Next Big Thing

And now it's biting them in the butt. Crowds are ever increasing and there's not enough capacity to handle them.
And the ever increasing crowds isn't even because of things Disney is doing. It's Universal that's seemingly attracting crowds with their expansions and Disney is the one benefiting from it, but also finding out that they have severe capacity issues.

Kman101

Yeah, the MK finally started adding back the capacity they took away. Subs, Adventureland Veranda ... shameful. And they're STILL bursting at the seams. It's just hordes and hordes of people that pour in.

And now DHS has a bunch of closed and empty spaces and we likely won't see much for at least three to five years. And I'm being generous.

Epcot has Wonders of Life, Odyssey ...

Kman101

And can they please start EXTENDING hours at the other parks? There's no reason for Epcot to close promptly at 9. I don't care about EMH once or twice a week.

Everyone pouring into the MK at night is a problem. I know Animal Kingdom SHOULD help with this but I don't see it making that big of a difference. I mean, DHS offers Fantasmic! and Epcot has Illuminations and the MK *still* bursts at the seams.

Something needs to change. I know "people" read these boards. They need to take these things seriously and do something about it instead of trying to save themselves money. The way they have strict meet and greets and strict shifts, etc. ... you make plenty of money. Use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom