Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

doctornick

If you like car stunts make the most of it.

If you like SoA the way it is make the most of it.

Maybe.

I am fully behind closing LMA to use that space for new construction, but IMHO they need to open up additional attraction capacity first before shuttering it. That why I was hoping that TSPL was at least being fasttracked and might open soon.

And the absolutely worse thing they can do is shutter another attraction and not actually start renovating the space right away (i.e. how Backlot Tour, Jack Sparrow, etc. are just sitting there with nothing being done -- why not have left those attractions open if you weren't going to build immediately)

MerlinTheGoat

If you like car stunts make the most of it.

If you like SoA the way it is make the most of it.

Maybe.
Do you have any recent info about the future of the Osborne Lights?

Spirit had said that last year was probably its last showing, given that at that point it was expected that construction would have already begun by now apparently. But given the lack of construction thus far in the park, i'm curious whether it will be shown again before changes to DHS begin.

And i'm also curious as to whether they're going to find another location for the lights after SoA leaves.

Last edited:

articos

So the rumored name change...does it happen before, during, or after all the construction work?
After.
I know that I've said this before, but I love your posts. It is amazing how much of a positive feel you generate with so few words (and I do understand that you can only ever say so much). :)
Thank you. Looking at the positive side is always a good thing. I can be a harsh critic too, but these are places we are supposed to go to have fun! Diving too deep into the corporate or politics of the company can make people forget there's really nowhere else on earth like Disney and Universal.
I'll take this to mean Star Wars concept art will be put out at D23 Expo but it will be old concept art?
Honestly don't know what will be trotted out at D23! Was mostly making a joke. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, has Disney started construction on Pixar/Cars land or Star Wars land? If not, this is a real shame...
There really is no reason to visit this park at all. I haven't been to Disney World in 4 years and the only semi-recent thing that I haven't seen in this park is the new Star Tours and while I am an uber Star Wars fan, it's just not enough motivation.

No, no construction has started beyond the third track for TSMM and the new black box theatre. Some people here have indicated that we may not see the start of any Star Wars construction until Avatarland opens in 2017.

mahnamahna101

That absolutely is the truth about spreading the payments over the quarters. TDO is spending money at Disney Springs, Avatar, finishing up at Magic Kingdom with the Hub Development, and Animal Kingdom is 3/4 of the way walled off, and they just spent probably $100,000 to remove the Sorcerer Hat. So getting money for DHS is probably about 18 months away.
Don't forget the Frozen retheme, the 3rd theater for Soarin' and the 3rd track for TSMM.

Too bad, TDO didn't try and expand the parks in that four year gap between TSMM and NFL Phase 1, They could have opened a WoL replacement and the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster by now. They also could have fixed up either Ellen or Figment. Epcot and DHS are going to be in bad shape by 2017/2018.

Shaman

Don't forget the Frozen retheme, the 3rd theater for Soarin' and the 3rd track for TSMM.

Too bad, TDO didn't try and expand the parks in that four year gap between TSMM and NFL Phase 1, They could have opened a WoL replacement and the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster by now. They also could have fixed up either Ellen or Figment. Epcot and DHS are going to be in bad shape by 2017/2018.

I'm hoping for an Inside Out attraction inside WoL. Too soon?

mahnamahna101

Curious if you think it will be an area that is a long time ago and far far away from DHS or if its possible that it all started with a lamp.

Mark me down as one who fully endorses the move to Disney Springs. I think it would be fantastic. DHS needs Osborne lights currently, because, well- DHS is DHS. But add another couple lands/areas, and it won't need Osborne to draw it anymore. I think DS would be a fantastic location and would actually draw me to DS- and try the Boathouse while I'm there.

If true, just another :( for the potential ideas that WDI thinks up that gets shot down. As a board, swallowing the idea of .5b for redwoods, rock and just theming seems crazy, but as a theme park/disney/star wars fan- It deserves the absolute best. It really does. This could be the attraction(s) and land that is envied around the world. Why not be at Disney World?
$500 million?... and no new attractions?... what?

gmajew

Premium Member
No, no construction has started beyond the third track for TSMM and the new black box theatre. Some people here have indicated that we may not see the start of any Star Wars construction until Avatarland opens in 2017.

Plus the hat was taken down.... I don't know and maybe @marni1971 can comment but I am willing to guess that was all part of the plans to redo the park.

mahnamahna101

Well could they at least clean the glass on the Imagination pavilion. It was looking nasty when I visited a month ago.
There won't be anything beyond Frozen and Soarin' in Epcot until 2021 at the earliest.
Even though there's so many things to address:
  1. Ellen's desperate need for an update
  2. Spaceship Earth's desperate need for new AAs and a grand finale
  3. Innoventions' desperate need for compelling exhibits not called Sum of All Thrills
  4. Imagination Pavillion in general (a show to replace Captain EO beyond 12 minute previews of new Disney movies, an expanded/revamped Figment dark ride, ImageWorks' top level reopened)
  5. Congestion within The Land (a new pavillion between Nemo/Land or Imagination/Land would help)
  6. Lack of family-friendly attractions on left side of Future World
  7. Lack of E-tickets in World Showcase
  8. Dated exteriors in Future World
  9. The empty Wonders of Life pavillion
  10. Mostly empty Odyssey restaurant
In order to bring Epcot to code, it'd probably take $2 billion to address everything.

raymusiccity

There won't be anything beyond Frozen and Soarin' in Epcot until 2021 at the earliest.
Even though there's so many things to address:
  1. Ellen's desperate need for an update
  2. Spaceship Earth's desperate need for new AAs and a grand finale
  3. Innoventions' desperate need for compelling exhibits not called Sum of All Thrills
  4. Imagination Pavillion in general (a show to replace Captain EO beyond 12 minute previews of new Disney movies, an expanded/revamped Figment dark ride, ImageWorks' top level reopened)
  5. Congestion within The Land (a new pavillion between Nemo/Land or Imagination/Land would help)
  6. Lack of family-friendly attractions on left side of Future World
  7. Lack of E-tickets in World Showcase
  8. Dated exteriors in Future World
  9. The empty Wonders of Life pavillion
  10. Mostly empty Odyssey restaurant
In order to bring Epcot to code, it'd probably take $2 billion to address everything.

.....and this is "Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt" ?.....:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom