Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

doctornick

The American Idol theatre space is slotted for quick turn around when it goes down early next year. For the time being there are no replacement projects scheduled for the other two venues.

So... any hints on to what is going into the AIE space? Would it be combined with the Sounds Dangerous space into one attraction?

djkidkaz

The American Idol theatre space is slotted for quick turn around when it goes down early next year. For the time being there are no replacement projects scheduled for the other two venues.

When Imag reopens it will not be in its current form. But it's gonna take a while.

AIE having a quick turn around? Ugh, that means we'll be seeing another show in its place. I want rides!!

pheneix

Original Poster
To this whole thread.
sleeping-dog-wallpapers.jpg

I was willing to let it die a quiet, dignified death. But it just keeps coming back.

TP2000

Al Lutz had a big new column up on Tuesday, and he discussed a lot of what is coming to Disneyland/DCA in the next few years.
http://micechat.com/37890-miceage-tomorrowland-starwars/

One of his little bombshells was that Star Tours at Disneyland will be updated in 2015 with new destinations based on Star Wars VII being released that summer. :eek:

That's the first time I've heard of such a thing, and I can't believe that they wouldn't update the Disneyland Star Tours with new destinations and not also update the DHS Star Tours the same way. Dontcha think?

It would also help if you East Coasters would read the Al Lutz columns on Miceage more regularly. In this One Disney era much of the stuff he talks about coming to Disneyland will also arrive at WDW. Well, except maybe Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers. :D

flynnibus

Premium Member
Al Lutz Miceage had a big new column up on Tuesday, and he discussed a lot of what is coming to Disneyland/DCA in the next few years.

Fixed that for you.. as much as Norm/Todd try to copy his style (bad move) they've had to move on. In turn that also changes the credibility. The article also sounds a lot like 'there are plans' and not 'its a done deal'.

ToTBellHop

Fixed that for you.. as much as Norm/Todd try to copy his style (bad move) they've had to move on. In turn that also changes the credibility. The article also sounds a lot like 'there are plans' and not 'its a done deal'.
I honestly find their style to be pretty disrespectful. They are trying to make us believe it's Lutz but it's not. Get your own writing style (and contacts).

rd805

Al Lutz had a big new column up on Tuesday, and he discussed a lot of what is coming to Disneyland/DCA in the next few years.
http://micechat.com/37890-miceage-tomorrowland-starwars/

One of his little bombshells was that Star Tours at Disneyland will be updated in 2015 with new destinations based on Star Wars VII being released that summer. :eek:

That's the first time I've heard of such a thing, and I can't believe that they wouldn't update the Disneyland Star Tours with new destinations and not also update the DHS Star Tours the same way. Dontcha think?

It would also help if you East Coasters would read the Al Lutz columns on Miceage more regularly. In this One Disney era much of the stuff he talks about coming to Disneyland will also arrive at WDW. Well, except maybe Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers. :D

I don't know much about this source, is any of this credible? I only ask because as a huge Star Wars fan, this is a dream come true (even though i'm an East Coaster).

TP2000

I don't know much about this source, is any of this credible? I only ask because as a huge Star Wars fan, this is a dream come true (even though i'm an East Coaster).

Lutz is a big Disneyland guy, and has been a major online character for 15 years. He's had some amazing scoops over the years, although he's been in poor health recently and his staff has explained publicly that they are helping with his articles lately. I'm not sure how that all works behind the scenes, but perhaps some other folks who know these people in the real world know more. I don't attend the regular Sunday meetings at Disneyland with these various personalities in attendance, but some folks do.

In this latest article from Lutz and/or his staff the following new info popped up for Disneyland that would theoretically also impact WDW:

1. WDI is backing away from their plan to add the Laugh Floor to Tomorrowland in the Captain EO space. Instead they are working on a new 3D show based on the Star Wars franchise. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously be an option for the Captain EO space at Imagination in Epcot.

2. WDI now has plans to update Star Tours in 2015, using the upcoming 2015 Star Wars movie and its destinations/characters as plotlines for the updated Star Tours. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously also be an option for Star Tours at DHS.

That's in addition to a thrill ride attraction being developed for Disneyland's old PeopleMover track in Tomorrowland, according to Lutz. What we haven't been able to piece together if that concept is also being proposed for the rumored Star Wars Land being cooked up for DHS. All of these rumors have come forward very recently, after Disney bought Lucasfilm 10 months ago. Previous to that there were rumors of Cars Land being cloned for DHS, and Pixar, Tron and Marvel properties being used for attractions at Disneyland's aging Tomorrowland. The Lucasfilm purchase turned everything upside down on those previous attraction proposals for WDW and Disneyland, which Lutz talked about in some detail in this latest article.

Your mileage may vary. And as always, anything read on the free Internetz must be taken with a GIANT grain of salt. :)

muteki

1. WDI is backing away from their plan to add the Laugh Floor to Tomorrowland in the Captain EO space. Instead they are working on a new 3D show based on the Star Wars franchise. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously be an option for the Captain EO space at Imagination in Epcot.
I would more expect a Star Wars 3d film to replace Muppet-Vision 3D or a new venue in DHS, than replace EO. So many rumors about Starwars taking up that whole side of the park and other not-starwars rumors as an EO replacement in Epcot.

rd805

I would more expect a Star Wars 3d film to replace Muppet-Vision 3D or a new venue in DHS, than replace EO. So many rumors about Starwars taking up that whole side of the park and other not-starwars rumors as an EO replacement in Epcot.

The placement seems right - but Eo is just...so dated? I'll always wish for a Muppets rehash/update. Also, i'm extremely biased, Muppetvision might be my favorite attraction in WDW...haha

TP2000

True. The concept of something Star Wars 3D taking over Captain EO at Disneyland hadn't been mentioned anywhere until yesterday morning when the Lutz/Miceage article came out.

Again, the article didn't mention plans for WDW, only Disneyland. But since MuppetVision at DCA is reported by Lutz/Miceage to be on the chopping block very soon, it would make sense if MuppetVision also went away at DHS. And putting the Star Wars 3D show from Disneyland's Captain EO space into MuppetVision at DHS would make sense for the growing "Star Wars Land" concept being talked about for DHS.

That just leave us with this Chilling Challenge; to find out what they've got planned for Captain EO in Epcot!

muteki

The placement seems right - but Eo is just...so dated? I'll always wish for a Muppets rehash/update. Also, i'm extremely biased, Muppetvision might be my favorite attraction in WDW...haha
It will be replaced for sure, but I don't think it will be Star Wars. Maybe Muppets would move into EO's spot and Imagination instead :p

majortom1981

True. The concept of something Star Wars 3D taking over Captain EO at Disneyland hadn't been mentioned anywhere until yesterday morning when the Lutz/Miceage article came out.

Again, the article didn't mention plans for WDW, only Disneyland. But since MuppetVision at DCA is reported by Lutz/Miceage to be on the chopping block very soon, it would make sense if MuppetVision also went away at DHS. And putting the Star Wars 3D show from Disneyland's Captain EO space into MuppetVision at DHS would make sense for the growing "Star Wars Land" concept being talked about for DHS.

That just leave us with this Chilling Challenge; to find out what they've got planned for Captain EO in Epcot!

I would think it would be cool if muppet vision 3d was moved to where captain EO is now at epcot and the figment ride was redone using the muppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom