Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

asianway

You might want to buy some put options against that fortune of Disney stock you recommend that everyone should buy.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more contributions from you in the coming weeks as more information breaks from the inner sanctum of WDPR.
I would - if I could time the market. Earnings are soon, cant wait.

Soarin' Over Pgh

You might want to buy some put options against that fortune of Disney stock you recommend that everyone should buy.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more contributions from you in the coming weeks as more information breaks from the inner sanctum of WDPR.

Gawwwwwd tell us already :( suspense is killing me!

pheneix

Original Poster
Speaking of DHS being redone, still no word on the Carsland, what a year later?

No other announcements?

Wasn't Disney going to rip apart the whole back lot?

Still haven't seen this yet, or seen a company conformation?

Bueller?

Jimmy Thick- Chalk it up to open ended "inside" information that may one day come to pass...

I don't know what was running on these boards a year ago when I took no part in these fun discussions. I can only stand by what I have posted now and what will come to pass.

pheneix

Original Poster
Alright, this thread is back, might as well post something to provoke conversation.

Anyone want to take a crack at defending the upcoming closure of Beauty and the Beast at DHS and the Imag pavilion at Epcot in the name of "we don't need all this capacity because of MyMagic+ efficiency improvements?"

Please, someone, come forward and defend this. Because right now all I see is a Walt Disney Company that is in full retreat and running scared.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Alright, this thread is back, might as well post something to provoke conversation.

Anyone want to take a crack at defending the upcoming closure of Beauty and the Beast at DHS and the Imag pavilion at Epcot in the name of "we don't need all this capacity because of MyMagic+ efficiency improvements?"

Please, someone, come forward and defend this. Because right now all I see is a Walt Disney Company that is in full retreat and running scared.

Wouldn't you need more capacity if the system made riding rides more efficient?

Now if they said "we don't need all this capacity because everyone will be in lines longer playing with interactive queue elements because of MyMagic+" that would make more sense.

RSoxNo1

Uh... shareholders will be happy?

Bolna

Wouldn't you need more capacity if the system made riding rides more efficient?

Now if they said "we don't need all this capacity because everyone will be in lines longer playing with interactive queue elements because of MyMagic+" that would make more sense.

No, you see, the idea is that people are happy if the visit 9 (or 10 or whatever the magic number is) attractions within a day. Thanks to MM+ people will be distributed more evenly among the exisiting attractions (that's the efficiency increase), so there is no need to have more attractions available.

Somehow, the people who came up with this train of thought totally forgot that people want to experience attractions that they enjoy and there comes personal taste and expectation in play. There will always be attractions where people come out and think that this was a waste of their time (like me after the Country Bears) or think ok, that was nice but really not that great (like me after Little Mermaid). If you fill up a day of 9 attractions with only these type of experiences, I am pretty sure these people will not think they got good value for their ticket. So you need to provide lots of different attractions for different tastes. But once you start viewing your guests as inventory, you have forgotten what is to be a good host, I guess.

Captain Neo

My understanding was that Imagination was going to get redone and Beauty & Beast was to be replaced with a new show either based on Rapunzel or Princess & The Frog. Is that not the case?

doctornick

My understanding was that Imagination was going to get redone and Beauty & Beast was to be replaced with a new show either based on Rapunzel or Princess & The Frog. Is that not the case?

It's possible that the attractions will be intentionally down longer than needed in order to save money on the cost of running. Especially when it comes to BatB and the Theater of the Stars, which could probably be replaced in a very short time if there was a will, but might be down for months instead.

lazyboy97o

No, you see, the idea is that people are happy if the visit 9 (or 10 or whatever the magic number is) attractions within a day. Thanks to MM+ people will be distributed more evenly among the exisiting attractions (that's the efficiency increase), so there is no need to have more attractions available.

Somehow, the people who came up with this train of thought totally forgot that people want to experience attractions that they enjoy and there comes personal taste and expectation in play. There will always be attractions where people come out and think that this was a waste of their time (like me after the Country Bears) or think ok, that was nice but really not that great (like me after Little Mermaid). If you fill up a day of 9 attractions with only these type of experiences, I am pretty sure these people will not think they got good value for their ticket. So you need to provide lots of different attractions for different tastes. But once you start viewing your guests as inventory, you have forgotten what is to be a good host, I guess.
It's amazing that Disney hasn't yet realized that when they choose the 8 attraction that the average survey respondent experiences that nobody is happy. They built one park with a massive, multi hour experience where this worked. They then proceeded to build four more, with none of them meeting anything close to expectations and all needing massive investment for expansion. The two that have been expanded are now doing much better numbers.

rd805

I don't understand what the big deal/argument is. BatB show has been dated, and Imagination even with their 3-5 updates over the last 10 years is an awful attraction.

Even if these rumors are true (it hasn't been confirmed!) - something will go in their place.

doctornick

Even if these rumors are true (it hasn't been confirmed!) - something will go in their place.

That's the question/concern -- will something go in their place? We all can see the Wonders of Life Pavilion when we ae at Epcot. There's also the point of how long they would be down. The theater for BatB could be reset for a new show in weeks if they wanted to, but if it is down for months, the rationale would be to save money by not running a show. No reason that a PatF or Tangled show couldn't be practicing ahead of time, ready to go in soon after BatB ends.

rd805

That's the question/concern -- will something go in their place? We all can see the Wonders of Life Pavilion when we ae at Epcot. There's also the point of how long they would be down. The theater for BatB could be reset for a new show in weeks if they wanted to, but if it is down for months, the rationale would be to save money by not running a show. No reason that a PatF or Tangled show couldn't be practicing ahead of time, ready to go in soon after BatB ends.

100% correct on that!

ToTBellHop

If either new show were in production...

pheneix

Original Poster

The American Idol theatre space is slotted for quick turn around when it goes down early next year. For the time being there are no replacement projects scheduled for the other two venues.

When Imag reopens it will not be in its current form. But it's gonna take a while.

aladdin2007

The American Idol theatre space is slotted for quick turn around when it goes down early next year. For the time being there are no replacement projects scheduled for the other two venues.

When Imag reopens it will not be in its current form. But it's gonna take a while.

Maybe it will be worth the wait, this time.

RoyWalley

To this whole thread.
sleeping-dog-wallpapers.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom