Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

wdwfan4ver

TL;DR

Pretty much HWS is going to be non-existent in a year?
That is a good question, but I do know a couple attraction will be closing at some point next year. WDW1974 mentioned that American Idol Experience is going to close in 2nd Quarter of 2014 fiscal year. Beauty and the Beast live on stage according WDW1974 is going to close early next year.

I don't know what is going to close for sure next year. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights isn't going happen in 2014 or 2015 depending on what site you read.

SirLink

Maybe - just maybe - the problem lies in the mistaken belief the stock price is the sole barometer upon which to judge the success of a company. No doubt it keeps the shareholders happy, but a "sole focus on growth and shareholder value" is going to come back to bite you eventually, particularly in a creative, content-driven company such as Disney.

Actually if I'm a stockholder I would be looking at Walt Disney Studios with some suspicion after John Carter, Tron 2 and Lone Ranger kinda failed to make the grade. I would also be questioning why there aren't more $75million films in development with the Marvel films being your Summer Popcorn and Winter Treat films.

That is a good question, but I do know a couple attraction will be closing at some point next year. WDW1974 mentioned that American Idol Experience is going to close in 2nd Quarter of 2014 fiscal year. Beauty and the Beast live on stage according WDW1974 is going to close early next year.

I don't know what is going to close for sure next year. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights isn't going happen in 2014 or 2015 depending on what site you read.
I'll be devastated if Beauty and the Beast Live closes, or Indy.... or anything really :C

Is the park more money to keep than it's worth? This is saddening, and kinda hard to believe....it's my favorite park,and I can't see Disney shutting down a park...

DHS will have closures in multiple areas of the park. That doesn't mean that the entire park is going to be completely shut down for an extended period of time.

Pardon me for my ignorance- I viewed this thread rather quickly before heading off to work. It's pretty much just another big makeover, right?

Cardinals314

Pardon me for my ignorance- I viewed this thread rather quickly before heading off to work. It's pretty much just another big makeover, right?

Pretty much. Disney is planning to add at least one more Star Wars ride at DHS. American Idol is likely to close along with Indiana Jones. There are talks of ending BatB as well. It's nothing that is as drastic as completely shutting down the entire park.

Last edited:

Cardinals314

As far as Star Wars Land goes, any truth to the rumors that the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is being repurposed into the Han Solo Stunt Spectacular?

;)

lol. I remember the one special Indiana Jones stunt show that was a crossover with star wars. It was the night when the original Sat Tours closed. Here is a long video that has the entire show for those who haven't seen it:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
lol. I remember the one special Indiana Jones stunt show that was a crossover with star wars. It was the night when the original Sat Tours closed. Here is a long video that has the entire show for those who haven't seen it:

That was the "Last Tour to Endor", when Celebration V rented out the whole park.

It was loads of fun, and I was there.

However, I just wanted to clarify...they didn't close Star Tours that night. It ran for another couple months before closing for refurb.

Jimmy Thick

Maybe - just maybe - the problem lies in the mistaken belief the stock price is the sole barometer upon which to judge the success of a company. No doubt it keeps the shareholders happy, but a "sole focus on growth and shareholder value" is going to come back to bite you eventually, particularly in a creative, content-driven company such as Disney.

Lol, I have to ask if you know anything about the stock market?

You can tell the health of a company just by its stock price, as investors usually get a heads up long before the general public about such things. Ask shareholders of Enron. The stock price can also dictate the long term growth of the company as seen by invertors, a perfect example is comparing Disney stock to say Comcast stock. Comcast stock is, long term, not a great investment, while Disney stock can't be bought enough of.

Growth and shareholder value is the world we live in, and with the growth Disney has gotten, there is absolutely no way it will "bite" them. In this day and age, Disney is strong for the long term, investing in DHS or not.

Besides, reality says one majority shareholder has more say about the parks than millions of internet fanboi's.

Jimmy Thick- Totally true.

The Duck

Because WDW fans are their own worst enemy... They hear D23 or PRESS EVENT, and they start letting their minds wander with delusions of grandeur in WDW... And each and every time, Disney does not deliver... BENCHES.. They had a stinking press event for freaking BENCHES!!!! Just proof that people need to temper their expectations on Disney... Disney isn't about delivering exceptional guest experiences anymore... Well, unless it is themed bathrooms or BENCHES!!!!! When you hear D23 or PRESS EVENT for Disney, just think you'll hear of nothing new or spectacular, and Disney will never disappoint... Dumb down your expectations like they have dumbed down WDW...
Very true. Remember a few years ago when the concept art for Dumbo's "Queueless-Queue" was revealed? Fan Boys on multiple sites were whipping themselves into a frenzy imagining all sorts of mind-blowing experiences that the "Circus Themed games" would bring. Some of the fantasies included, 1: Audio Animatronic circus acts and/or real circus performers. 2: An AA Dumbo that was actually flying around the tent. And my personal favorite, 3: A real burning building (inside a building filled with preschoolers!).
In the past, we had grown to expect the best from Disney but these people were expecting E-Ticket excitement in the queue of a B-Ticket attraction. If this were the case, why would anyone want to leave the queue building when it was your turn to ride?
Tempering your fantasies with reality isn't as much fun but you'll be less disappointed when reality bites you in the .

Last edited:

pheneix

Original Poster
Lol, I have to ask if you know anything about the stock market?

You can tell the health of a company just by its stock price, as investors usually get a heads up long before the general public about such things. Ask shareholders of Enron. The stock price can also dictate the long term growth of the company as seen by invertors, a perfect example is comparing Disney stock to say Comcast stock. Comcast stock is, long term, not a great investment, while Disney stock can't be bought enough of.

Growth and shareholder value is the world we live in, and with the growth Disney has gotten, there is absolutely no way it will "bite" them. In this day and age, Disney is strong for the long term, investing in DHS or not.

Besides, reality says one majority shareholder has more say about the parks than millions of internet fanboi's.

Jimmy Thick- Totally true.

You might want to buy some put options against that fortune of Disney stock you recommend that everyone should buy.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more contributions from you in the coming weeks as more information breaks from the inner sanctum of WDPR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom