Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Wikkler

There is no, "Rock solid" info about a D23. But in my opinion, This is what i"m expecting or at least hoping for.

They will announce........

1. A marvel themed ride or area in an international park.
2. Some more info about Avatarland.
3. A refurbishment to DHS.(This is where it gets a little tricky, will they go full out DHS style and basically gut the majority of the park. Or maybe a minor refurb, like fixing up the backlot and cleaning up the Great Movie Ride. Or add a new land. Maybe they would add a George Lucas area or the rumored Carsland or something as small as adding one ride. All that am saying is that this park has a ton of potential, but it needs something else.)

4. This last one is a stretch, but maybe they would announce the South America Disneyland. And with that announcement may come a Brazilian themed pavilion in epcot or a brazil themed are in Animal Kingdom!

1. Probably not considering the different tastes of international guests...
2. No...
3. At this point, highly unlikely.
4. Never will happen, ever!

Also they said they weren't going to announce anything, so why are you guys still going on about this?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is no, "Rock solid" info about a D23. But in my opinion, This is what i"m expecting or at least hoping for.

They will announce........

1. A marvel themed ride or area in an international park.
2. Some more info about Avatarland.
3. A refurbishment to DHS.(This is where it gets a little tricky, will they go full out DHS style and basically gut the majority of the park. Or maybe a minor refurb, like fixing up the backlot and cleaning up the Great Movie Ride. Or add a new land. Maybe they would add a George Lucas area or the rumored Carsland or something as small as adding one ride. All that am saying is that this park has a ton of potential, but it needs something else.)

4. This last one is a stretch, but maybe they would announce the South America Disneyland. And with that announcement may come a Brazilian themed pavilion in epcot or a brazil themed are in Animal Kingdom!

Disney has said that there won't be any new attractions announced at D23.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm still holding onto that the 'no news' at D23 stuff is a twist of words. Like an announcement made outside D23.. or other things like showing but not saying what/when.. etc. I don't think it will be devoid of future projects.. just said projects won't be promised at D23. Dunno.. we'll see :)

Captain Neo

I'm still holding onto that the 'no news' at D23 stuff is a twist of words. Like an announcement made outside D23.. or other things like showing but not saying what/when.. etc. I don't think it will be devoid of future projects.. just said projects won't be promised at D23. Dunno.. we'll see :)

Disney is so mismanaged than I can absolutely believe that they will do a huge high profile convention and then make the major park announcements 2 weeks later at some small event. It's a shame. I remember how hyped everyone in the crowd got the second they announced Star Tours 2 at D23 2009 it was amazing.

FutureWorld1982

I think we are focusing too much on possible announcements. I would prefer them to actually START working on this projects (and all the other ones that are rumored). Then, they could even announce all the details the day before the new attractions/land open. They just need to start DOING something.

That said, I would love to see them making some major announcements in the next few months.

doctornick

I think we are focusing too much on possible announcements. I would prefer them to actually START working on this projects (and all the other ones that are rumored). Then, they could even announce all the details the day before the new attractions/land open. They just need to start DOING something.

Absolutely agree. I don't care about what Disney is saying. I care about what they are doing. We've have a "green lit" Cars Land rumored for about a year now without a lick of construction. They needed to be building something in DHS a year ago and every day that they aren't building is that much longer it will take before a new attraction is up and running.

I'm a broken record about this, but I don't get why they haven't been building in Soundstage 1 and/or the Sounds Dangerous theater at some point in the past year or even earlier. Getting a new attraction up and running in one or both locations would make a big difference if/when they close existing attractions (IJ stunt show, LMA, Backlot Tour) and reduce capacity in the process.

Last edited:

willtravel

Absolutely agree. I don't care about what Disney is saying. I care about what they are doing. We've have a "green lit" Cars Land rumored for about a year now without a lick of construction. They needed to be building something in DHS a year ago and every day that they aren't building is that much longer it will take before a new attraction is up and running.

I'm a broken record about this, but I don't get why they haven't been building in Soundstage 1 and/or Sounds Dangerous at some point in the past year or more. Getting a new attraction up and running in one or both locations would make a big difference if/when they close existing attractions (IJ stunt show, LMA, Backlot Tour) and reduce capacity in the process.
That is just it, everything is a rumor.

Black Pearl

Seems like such a waste if D23 holds no real announcement with some actual heft and not just "something is coming". A slap in the face almost to those going if it weren't for the other little sideshows. Seems like if all they are going to get up there and announce is that they have nothing new to announce except retreads of what they've said, it would not be pleasant to be in that room.

doctornick

That is just it, everything is a rumor.

Oh, I'm not debating that it's all just rumors. My point is more that there have been significant plans for DHS that have been considered by TDO for some time now and they continue to drag their feet and be inactive. Given how stale the park is and how limited the number of attractions are, I just don't understand why there isn't a huge sense of urgency and some action in regards to something being started to be build. If they had started putting a ride in Soundstage 1 a year or two ago, they would actually have a new ride to announce for 2014-15 for WDW.

Captain Chaos

Also they said they weren't going to announce anything, so why are you guys still going on about this?
Because WDW fans are their own worst enemy... They hear D23 or PRESS EVENT, and they start letting their minds wander with delusions of grandeur in WDW... And each and every time, Disney does not deliver... BENCHES.. They had a stinking press event for freaking BENCHES!!!! Just proof that people need to temper their expectations on Disney... Disney isn't about delivering exceptional guest experiences anymore... Well, unless it is themed bathrooms or BENCHES!!!!! When you hear D23 or PRESS EVENT for Disney, just think you'll hear of nothing new or spectacular, and Disney will never disappoint... Dumb down your expectations like they have dumbed down WDW...

Captain Chaos

Hey man, I'm pretty new around here so cut me a little slack :). I just mean that this is stuff id like to see, will it ALL happen, not a chance! Would I be happy to see them happen, YES!
Just expect nothing from Disney for WDW (anything of any real substance anyway) and Disney will never disappoint, and they will deliver that nothing in abundance!!!!!

Wikkler

Seems like such a waste if D23 holds no real announcement with some actual heft and not just "something is coming". A slap in the face almost to those going if it weren't for the other little sideshows. Seems like if all they are going to get up there and announce is that they have nothing new to announce except retreads of what they've said, it would not be pleasant to be in that room.
Robert-Iger-Adventurers-Clu.jpg

something is coming

Jimmy Thick

Disney is so mismanaged than I can absolutely believe that they will do a huge high profile convention and then make the major park announcements 2 weeks later at some small event. It's a shame. I remember how hyped everyone in the crowd got the second they announced Star Tours 2 at D23 2009 it was amazing.

How can Disney be considered "mismanaged" when the stock is soarin' even in the wake of a colossal flop?

Think maybe management could be the reason?

Jimmy Thick- More to Disney than just the parks, and the parks are doing amazing thank you...

Jimmy Thick

Speaking of DHS being redone, still no word on the Carsland, what a year later?

No other announcements?

Wasn't Disney going to rip apart the whole back lot?

Still haven't seen this yet, or seen a company conformation?

Bueller?

Jimmy Thick- Chalk it up to open ended "inside" information that may one day come to pass...

Captain Neo

How can Disney be considered "mismanaged" when the stock is soarin' even in the wake of a colossal flop?

Jimmy Thick- More to Disney than just the parks, and the parks are doing amazing thank you...

I was mainly referring to P&R division

CDavid

Maybe - just maybe - the problem lies in the mistaken belief the stock price is the sole barometer upon which to judge the success of a company. No doubt it keeps the shareholders happy, but a "sole focus on growth and shareholder value" is going to come back to bite you eventually, particularly in a creative, content-driven company such as Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom