Why does everyone dislike AK?

Walter

Original Poster
I, personally, love AK. I think it looks great, doesn't have many attractions, but doesn't ned them. Do you think that it's too small? Do you think that it doesn't have enough attractions? What?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I like AK... it took me a while, but I like it now. There isn't a lot to do there though. I did everything I wanted to do in 5 hours

cymbaldiva

I like AK I guess....

The only time I've been was the year the park opened, so I really haven't explored it much.

There are just so wayyyy too many things to do at WDW now - when I'm there I have enough trouble trying to fit in all of my old favs, much less trying to learn yet another park!

GalacticGobbler

I like AK, the theming is great and there is enough activity for a mellow 1/2 to 2/3 day, throw in lunch at rainforest and it makes for a great day. Just ones opinion.

Mirage

I like Animal Kingdom too. Except for the fact that it is always about 10 degrees hotter there than any other park, it is a lot of fun.
I could ride the safari ride over and over just to see how close some of the animals will get to the car so I can take a good picture.:animwink:
and Dinosaur, those rides are just cool(ok Indiana Jones is way better, but hey that is all the way out in Cali. we can't have everything)

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park, actually. Of course, I want to be a vet, so I'm a bit biased to an animal park, but I, too, think the theming and ambience music are incredible here, paired up with some great rides and animal encounters. I think it's a great park--obviously needs more, but so does any young park. I always spend a couple days at Animal Kingdom each trip (not full days, usually the first half of the day though)--and you have to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris each time, the experience changes by the minute! Plus, it has the best daytime parade on property--just an all around fun park, and there is so much to learn about the animals and their habitats around there. This, unlike any other Disney park I have been to, necessitates quite a bit of time to just explore, not the constant movement from one queue to another like the other parks. A lot of people miss all of the sidepaths (and hidden paths) which really are integral to the Animal Kingdom experience. A lot of people who don't like the park just don't like animals, and you can't expect them to like it...you have to have at least some interest in them to enjoy the park--although anyone who doesn't should look at the tigers for a few moments...beautiful animals...

JoshUlfers

There isn't a lot to do there though.

I agree, they could use more todo. Its a bit confusing of a layout too. But, I'm just more use to the other park's layouts. I like Epcot the best because I like tech stuff.

-Josh

Machine

I love animal kingdom, its one of those parks where you just have to take in the scenery and enjoy the peaceful and tranquil surroundings. I understand that people think that it needs more attractions, but then again so does Epcot. I don't think Animal Kingdom is so much a ride oriented park. Its simple meant to get a person in touch with nature and there enviorment. Thats just how I feel anyways. :D

WDWspider

We are having a lot of threads like this lately, when did everyone get the idea that everyone hates AK. Sure, we Disneyholics are highly analytical and look for the good but more times nit-pick the bad in many elements of Disney, but only cause we love the place, and it definitely does not mean we hate Disney. Even JII ver. 3 is tolerable to the purest Disney Lover when the moment comes to ride it or not, but we don't have to like the overall experience. With AK however, I think the park is very well recieved and if anything, people simply want more. I never knew that wanting a lot more of a great thing means you hate it at the moment.

OK I'm through.... again. :lol:

Erika

I love AK.

It's a great place to slow down, take in the surroundings, and relax after a few days of running around. I think a lot of people expect a more exciting park and those are the ones who are disappointed.

CAPTAIN HOOK

1) Not enough rides etc (although things are gettin better)
2) Bad park layout - too congested in the centre.

Apart from that its not bad. Best things are the Kilimanjaro Safari, Lion King show, and Its tough to be a bug 3D.

Fido

I like AK just fine. It's always part of my park hopping experience, so I don't judge it the same as I would if I were buying a one day pass. It may not be my first choice, but I like it.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
1) Not enough rides etc (although things are gettin better)
2) Bad park layout - too congested in the centre.

Apart from that its not bad. Best things are the Kilimanjaro Safari, Lion King show, and Its tough to be a bug 3D.

Don't forget the Maharajah Jungle Trek :) (I love seeing those bats with the 6 foot wingspan and the tigers :) ) "RAWR"

CREEKWAYNE

Originally posted by spider-man
We are having a lot of threads like this lately, when did everyone get the idea that everyone hates AK. Sure, we Disneyholics are highly analytical and look for the good but more times nit-pick the bad in many elements of Disney, but only cause we love the place, and it definitely does not mean we hate Disney. Even JII ver. 3 is tolerable to the purest Disney Lover when the moment comes to ride it or not, but we don't have to like the overall experience. With AK however, I think the park is very well recieved and if anything, people simply want more. I never knew that wanting a lot more of a great thing means you hate it at the moment.

OK I'm through.... again. :lol:

Well said Spider-man! :sohappy: :sohappy:

11 days and counting! :wave:

Horizons38

Premium Member
My second fav right after Epcot ! Safari, Bug movie, Dinosaur , Lion king show, affection station, jungle trek, the bird show and Stitch is there too ! Love Tusker House for lunch as well !:)

celticdog

AK is an outstanding park. Those that are disappointed, view AK to be more like MK rather than a zoo with some cool rides. Ak is a fantastic place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the other parks. There is a different feeling one gets while wandering through all the lush foliage.

I personally did not think AK was any warmer than any other park, MGM on the other hand always seems to be hotter. My theory is because MGM has more open pavement areas than the other parks.

Up to this last visit (December), I had not enjoyed the Animal Kingdom very much. It had always been hotter than other parks, I think the vegetation held in the heat, a "rainforest type thing", I guess. However, it was nice and cool when we were there and we were determined to make the most of it. Also, not very crowded. We rode the Kilamajaro tour twice, and there were so many more animals out since it was so much cooler. The "Bug's Life" show is always fun. Dinosaur is one of the best rides at WDW IMHO. We rode that 4 times in a row, with little wait. The Lion King show was really great, our first time seeing that.

I don't enjoy the River Rapids ride. Firstly, it was so cool, that we saw soaked people walking around in misery. I never really understood the appeal of getting thoroughly soaked. It is a park that can be toured in 3/4 of a day. We did just that, then hit Epcot. I guess you just take the park for what it is, then enjoy it for that....

ToTBellHop

Temperature-wise, it is no warmer. However, due to the vegetation and the fact that they water the plants and wash the walkways before the park opens, this park tends to be the muggiest of all of the parks...water doesn't evaporate as well due to the tree cover and narrow walkways. Therefore, whenever you are in one of the tight passages (most of the park is this way), it tends to be very humid, therefore making it feel warmer since everyone sweats so much. It is more noticeable in the summer...and then there is the fact that there is so much walking anyway....

Regardless, I don't really think Animal Kingdom is all that confusing...it is just the basic hub-and-spokes set-up found at the Magic Kingdoms. Only difference is it is far more spread out, but after you have been their a few times, it becomes second nature. Also, this park, unlike Magic Kingdom or MGM, offers signs everywhere telling you how to get places(Epcot, of course, also does this for Future World).

crazygirley

I like AK, too. It's fun to walk around there on a hot, sunny day. You can get an amazing tan. I also am a big tropical flower and palm tree photographer, especially hibiscus. In the summer, I can find the best, most vibrant hibiscus there. So, it's really pretty, natural, and overall great for people who like animals and outdoors. That's my opinion.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom