Why does everyone dislike AK?

kennyj29

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LOOK PAST RIDES

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT!!! THERE MIGHT NOT BE RIDES BUT THIS PLACE HAS GREAT ATTRACTIONS!!! THE TRAILS ARE GREAT, THE ATMOSPHERE IS GREAT, THE ATTRACTIONS THEY HAVE ARE GREAT!!! JUST WALK AROUND AND LOOK AND YOU WILL SEE JUST WHAT CHARM IS HERE? MAYBE YOU CAN'T RACE ON A RIDE EVERY 1/2 HOUR BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PARKS FOR THAT!!! JUST TAKE IT IN AND ENJOY IT, THE PROBLEM IS EVERYBODY IS IN SUCH A RUSH. WE WENT ONE FULL DAY HERE AND COULD HAVE GONE BACK.........I JUST DON'T GET IT? :brick:

MinnieMom

I cannot speak too much to this, for we only visited AK one time, the first year it opened. It was in October and it was hot and crowded. The congestion in some areas was brutal! There wasn't as much for our 3 year old to do. He would have freaked at Tough to Be a Bug and the crowds and heat had us all tired and grouchy. We loved Kil. Safari, though, and enjoyed a relaxing train ride to conservation station. But, we were a little bored. Our zoo here in Cinti has some really great trails, etc. and we go there often - so maybe it was just stuff we were used to seeing!:wave:

Camelot

I have only been to AK once, and that was two years ago. Last year, my friends and I opted to skip AK, in preference to MK, MGM and Epcot.

AK was alright and I would probably like to go there again on my next visit to WDW.

diegorivera2

I'm not fond of AK because I always get lost. . .

The Tree of Life is difficult landmark (unlike Cinderella's Castle) because it looks *alike* from every angle. Plus, when AK opened and we visited that first year, the signs were a bit tough to follow.

I've never gotten past that.

Dwarful

Well, I too think the layout is a bit odd. Nothing worse than walking off in the wrong direction on a hot day with anxious kids. We spent part of one day at AK on our last trip. The older kids fav. place was Epcot, the younger girls MK, so we split the time between those parks.

I wouldn't pay a full day ticket for AK and despite what most people on this board do there are people who do only buy 1 day tickets (not really sure why myself). If I had paid that kind of money I probably wouldn't be too happy.

I didn't really care for the addition of the carnival games myself but thats just my opinion. But no one park will please everyone..thats the great thing about WDW..something for everyone!

DixieBelle97

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
1) Not enough rides etc (although things are gettin better)
2) Bad park layout - too congested in the centre.

I definetly agree with this. The park seems to be more for adults then children, in my opinion.

meeko_33785

Didn't read all the posts in this thread so I'm sorry if I repeat anything. In my oppinion AK is not a park like MK or MGM. Those parks are basically attraction or ride centered. AK is not. AK is really more like World Showcase at EPCOT. You have to take your time, soak of the atmosphere, see the entertainment, and enjoy the experience. If you just try to rush from Kilmanjaro, to Kali, to Dinosaur, and to Bugs and you're done, then you will have a miserable time. Just take it slow and enjoy it. I'm sure you'll have a good time then.

feenie

My Hubby and I really like Animal Kingdom. It's not the usual "theme park" but's it's lots of fun. We really like walking the trails looking at the animals, and we love the Lion King show.
We usually only go for a morning, since it tends to feel really crowded in the afternoons.
One thing though. Unless you plan to have the Character Breakfast... Eat before you come. There was NOTHING to eat before 10:30 except ice cream. We made the mistake of planning on getting a danish or something there. Boy did we regret it! Oh well, it was fun anyway!:)

wdwkid17

i agree

I personally liek the animal kingdom.... for kids i think a half day will do..... but I think AK has the best shows like Tarzan Rocks and Lion King...... I also thing that Bugs is the best 3-D show in the parks..... So if you have never been to Ak... GOOOOO!!! Just bring water and go slow!!1 Enjoy

kennyj29

Boring?

Animal Kingdom is far from boring. We had to leave at 3:00 to meet some people and we didn't get to do everything we wanted. I love Animal Kingdom. You definitley have to take it slow and enjoy the surroundings. Go to all the shows, take the trails, go on the train to the petting zoo, and enjoy the attractions. I can't believe anyone would think it was boring!!!
:(

BalooChicago

I too think Animal Kingdom is getting better with each Visit, however I do not feel it is yet up to par with MGM, Epcot, or MK (In reverse order of "worthiness"). My biggest problem with AK? There is no "Disney" way to get there - i.e. I have to hop on a bus that is only remotely nicer than the city run bus system in Chicago - it just ruins the fantacy for me. While it does seem like a shorter stay park, that is fine for me as a trip to me is usually one part MK, one large helping of epcot, and a bit of MGM and AK sprinked in for taste.

Fido

One of the things I like about AK is the wonderful photo ops there. There is always something interesting to take a picture of, if you're interested in that type of thing.

Grim Grinner

I believe you may be onto something...

The lack of a monorail or other Disney-esque form of transportation to the park may in fact subliminally keep us from automatically entering the "Disney" mode.

I for one enjoy Animal Kingdom. The first time I was there, the place was relatively deserted. My wife and I took the time to look at everything- to soak in every little detail. For fun, just pick one point in the park and just examine it for the care that must have gone into it. The park really is the most beautiful.

The park's greatest shines when it is not performing for the company. The more people you have in the park, the less time that everyone will spend looking at the animals. The trails are wonderful if you are alone. When you're crammed hip-to-hip, you get the inspiration to keep moving lest you be crushed by the endless tide of people.

Having one more themed section of real size would alleviate much of this stress- and I believe it would be Disney's best move for the park. I am not merely saying this just because I want to see another thrill ride (which I do...)- the added section would allow the other parts of the park operate like they are supposed to.

In order of my faves to worst: Epcot, MK, AK and then MGM Studios.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ok, the monorail is only for MK and Epcot, and I would say unless you're staying at one of the resorts in between Epcot and MGM, most people never use the boat to MGM. I never even knew it existed until last year.

So for most people, MGM and AK are bus or car only, so I don't agree with the lack of Disney-esque form of transportation to AK.

I do rate MGM at the bottom though... :D

No park will please all. I'm sure the same things were said of MGM when it opened as being said of AK now. And compairing the experiance of AK to MK is just unfair, they are nothing alike, and were never ment to be.

Here's how I look at it, MK is a park of rides centered around themes. AK is a park centered areound a theme with rides. I think that's the gits of it. All the other parks are very diverse is areas, from Star Wars to Muppets, from Test Track to China, but AK is all about one thing, the whole park is one big theme.

Just my opinion...:D

Yellow Shoes

Next trip will be with Mom in an ECV. Here are comments about

wheelchairs in DAK.

These are quotes from the above link:

This park is filled with hills, small and large. The paths are all uneven... the only smooth ground I remember seeing was inside or in the eating areas, otherwise permanent rocks, pebbles, and bumps were the lay of the land. Using an ECV was fine, but I watched as those in wheelchairs were pushed by sweating loved ones. I don't like anyone to push me in any of the other three parks because of the minute inclines in each one, but this park definitely has some wheelchair hazards awaiting Guests.

Add this to the heat, which many have commented about (and which my mother cannot tolerate), and the absurd layout which demands a trip back to the Tree everytime, and I don't think this is a good bet for us.

Mr. Tom Morrow

Well, if you’re not into animals, then there really isn’t much to do at Animal Kingdom. Don’t get me wrong, this is the most beautiful of all the parks. And we have seen everything in the park at least one time. But outside of Dinosaur, It’s Tough to be a Bug, the Safari and an occasion trip to Festival of the Lion King there really isn’t more than a couple of hours to keep us entertained. But, like everyone else, we hold out hope that more will be added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom