Status
Not open for further replies.

ELopez

Original Poster
...when you call Disney reservations or Dining -

"Have you visited the WDW resort before?"
"Was your last visit since 2003?"
"Have you visited more than 5 times?"

Why do they ask these (or sometimes similar) questions every time I call?
Is it for statistical purposes? Does it affect where my call is transferred to or how long may wait will be?

Just curious.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From my understanding it aids in the routing of your call. If you are not a frequent guest the system will try and direct you to a more experienced CM.

Figment82

It determines which team of CM's receive your call - so you receive the most customized information for your reservation.

Laura

Premium Member
...when you call Disney reservations or Dining -

"Have you visited the WDW resort before?"
"Was your last visit since 2003?"
"Have you visited more than 5 times?"

Why do they ask these (or sometimes similar) questions every time I call?
Is it for statistical purposes? Does it affect where my call is transferred to or how long may wait will be?

Just curious.

I knew exactly what this post would be before I opened it. Those questions are SO annoying! :lol:

mickey&me

Actually, the questions give the pretense that you are actually doing something productive for an extra few minutes before they put you on hold:drevil:

Chernabog

Because then EVERYONE would book dining in all the location they could and there would never be an opneing. Disney would haev to take a credit card for every reservation you wanted to book, which i think they should anyway, to ensure people would show up.

Not to mention that people would not book the appropriate things and then complain to disney that it was their fault for making it too confusing.

Trust me we're all better for letting disney weed out the idiots first.

ELopez

Original Poster
From my understanding it aids in the routing of your call. If you are not a frequent guest the system will try and direct you to a more experienced CM.

That would explain why I teach the person on the phone something new nearly everytime I call.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Next time I'm gonna say that it's my first trip so that I don't get the CM that believes the only way to go to the AKL is to have a room or dinner reservation there, or the one that insists Garden Grille doesn't take ADR's, or the one that told me I could take a monorail to the Studios! :lol::lol:

No harm, no foul, I guess, so the questions worked. If a newbie had gotten those CM's, it could've actually caused trouble -- I just got to laugh!

JPVonDrake

To Clarify...

All the questions asked by the AutoAttendant (computer) is used solely to direct your call to the most qualified Cast Member to assist you. Our Reservation Center is segmented with different agents who are specially trained to help different Guest needs. This does not indicate the experience level or tenure of the Cast Member, but instead the specialized training they received to better help our different Guests.

First time Guests (Intender) can be overwhelmed at the thought of planning because of the size and complexity of the Walt Disney World Resort. Our agents in this community are trained to to conduct more discovery questions while navigating through complex product offerings in order to increase their understanding and fill their Guest's needs and desires for their vacation. This special training is meant to keep the guest from being confused and overwhelmed by explaining things in a more detailed clear manner.

A repeat Guest (Repeater) has visited the Walt Disney World Resort before, but either less than five times or not at all in the last five years. Our agents in this community are trained to respond to guest requests for what they’ve had before and suggests new experiences. They also help share with the Guest what they didn’t experience last time - not only what’s new, but what has changed.

A very frequent Guest (Worldphile) has visited the Walt Disney World Resort at least five or more times and at least once in the last five years. These Guests have an emotional bond with Disney, and considers a vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort an experience they plan to repeat many times over their lifetime. They may have a high general awareness of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Resort categories, but may need assistance with details (e.g., trying a new resort.) Our agents in this community create a more concierge environment for our guests. The Cast Members serve as a very personable Disney expert who provides guests with value-added details that enhance their Guest's experience and who can work with the guests who have specific requests. They also can make suggestions to try new experiences that the Guest may have not known about or tried before.

A party of 8 or more guests is a Grand Gathering. Our agents in this community are specially trained in the details need to create multiple room reservations and keep your vacation plans well organized when traveling with a larger party.

Other questions asked by the AutoAttendant will help preload specific software for us and retrieve you household information or your current reservation.

To ensure the best and fastest service, please always listen to all the choices and answer honestly. Be sure to always enter in your HOME phone number when asked, and existing reservation number if requested.

JPVonDrake

Like you I like to do reservations online, which I still wonder WHY, oh WHY, haven't they elected to do dining reservations online? :veryconfu

When booking dining, every restaurant has different rules as to table sizes and combinations, seating times and booking procedures. Also each restaurant requires us to spiel specific policies such as location of the podium, dress codes, cancellation penalties, travel times, park admission requirements etc. Lastly, to ensure a fair system of booking for popular locations (Cinderella's Royal Table, Le Cellier, etc.) a consistent booking window and hours are needed. Due to these complexities, an online booking system is not possible at this time.

Laura

Premium Member
I'm glad to know there's a purpose for those questions. I thought they were just because Disney was nosey. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom