Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I've thought of that, but the fact remains that I pay a little more for disney and yet I get more in return, I'm able to escape my hectic life for a while. But when I go to six flags everything's falling down rusty, its full of rude gangsta types who chuck cans at my head (true story) and hit on me...

Iam sorry to hear this, but let me warn you, you have lots of gangsta type in the evening at City Walk. Not so much in the parks but they are there at City Walk.

Jimmy Thick- Former police officer, can spot them easily.

Fairybuzz

Iam sorry to hear this, but let me warn you, you have lots of gangsta type in the evening at City Walk. Not so much in the parks but they are there at City Walk.

Jimmy Thick- Former police officer, can spot them easily.

oh and for the record I wasn't being racist, just before anyone says anything, there are tons of white kids in that category, they come from rich areas especially where i live and think they're "down with da hood" or something. That is if the hood was a place gated off with houses the size of small office buildings.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Interesting fun fact for this informative and compelling Disney versus Universal debate. The Universal parks start with the word "Universal". Thus, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal's Gator Land are owned by Universal. Conversely, the Disney parks start with Disney, i.e. Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. No one knows who owns EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, or the Studios park next to UIoA, since they aren't properly branded. For years, rumor has insinuated that a duel of some kind may finally provide a solid owner for these parks that seemed to spring up apropos of nothing.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Interesting fun fact for this informative and compelling Disney versus Universal debate. The Universal parks start with the word "Universal". Thus, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal's Gator Land are owned by Universal. Conversely, the Disney parks start with Disney, i.e. Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. No one knows who owns EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, or the Studios park next to UIoA, since they aren't properly branded. For years, rumor has insinuated that a duel of some kind may finally provide a solid owner for these parks that seemed to spring up apropos of nothing.

Now that's comedy.

Jimmy Thick- Nice.

Uncle Remus

Boardwalk and Baseball preceded by Circus World.

I grew up in Ocala. Still live there. My great grand parents lived/live in Lake Placid. (Great Grandmother passed last year at the age of 95. Great Grandad is still kicking at 98). When I was real young I knew we were halfway there when I saw the big Circus World Ferris Wheel

Fairybuzz

I just think that some things in disney are better some things in uni are better but in the end it doesn't matter especially if your going to visit both anyway. Ones excitement land the other is a magical land its all good can't we all get along :/ lol

Goofyernmost

That's Horrible! And Inhumane! I truly believe FP should be available to everyone, just like a bathroom lol.
Yes, but free fastpass isn't now nor has it ever been available to everyone. If you didn't get there early enough you were simply out of luck. Uni may charge but you have a fighting chance to get to buy your way in. With the old system it didn't matter how much money you had... when they were gone, they were gone. Under the FP+ it appears that if you have A LOT of money you will be on the "cool kids list", if not you're outta luck again.

Last edited:

BryceM

I'm just wondering this and *ducks behind my chair* don't blow a gasket everyone, Why do people have to like universal OR disney? Its like star trek OR star wars I like them both. Coke or pepsi fuuuudge that mix them together!

why must you hate one to love another?
That's a VERY good question, one I find myself asking far too often on these boards.

Disneyhead'71

The bottom line of this thread; WDW has always been the gold standard of "Destination Theme Park Resort". So the real question isn't what does WDW do better than UOR, it is what is UOR doing better than WDW.

1. State of the Art Attractions.
2. Luxury Resorts.
3. Table Service Restaurants.
4. Transportation.

In other words, the basics of what makes a "Destination Theme Park Resort".

But WDW is better at condos, city busses, and fleecing it's guests.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The bottom line of this thread; WDW has always been the gold standard of "Destination Theme Park Resort". So the real question isn't what does WDW do better than UOR, it is what is UOR doing better than WDW.

1. State of the Art Attractions.
2. Luxury Resorts.
3. Table Service Restaurants.
4. Transportation.

In other words, the basics of what makes a "Destination Theme Park Resort".

But WDW is better at condos, city busses, and fleecing it's guests.

They'll soon be able to add Value Resorts to that list.

Jim Chandler

Here are some of the reasons I feel make Universal the theme park king it truly is.

Best themeing anywhere. THEY ONLY HAVE ONE THEME MOVIES WDW HAS MULTIPLE VENUES IN THEIR PARKS

Best food options anywhere. SAME FOOD IN PARK AS WDW AND IF YOU INCLUDE THE RESTAURANTS ON THE WALK WAY THEN WDW HAS DOWNTOWN DISNEY TO MATCH

Best ride, Forbidden Journey. TOTALLY A SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS AS IS MINE BEST RIDE TOWER OF TERROR

Best resorts. SERIOUSLY GRAND FLORIDIAN/BOARDWALK MATCH ANY HOTEL AT UNI

That feeling of getting away from the real world, for example, walking up to Port of Entry and hearing the music blaring, that's magic for me for some reason.
WHAT THE HECK IS THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU WALK INTO DHS/MK/AK/E

These are a few of mine, whats some of yours?

Disneyhead'71

No, they have Movies, Comic Books (Marvel), Ancient Mythology (Poseidon's Fury, Sindbad's), Sunday Paper Comic Strips, Children's Books (Seuss Landing, Curious George) TV Shows (Dudley Do-Right, Barney) and Literature (Harry Potter and Jurassic Park).

And Portofino Bay blows both The Grand Floridian and The Boardwalk Inn out of the water in terms of accommodations and service.

While Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion are 2 of my favorite rides. Spider-man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey are truly state of the art attractions. And only someone blinded by Pixie Dust would argue the point.

And the only park at WDW that has the drama of IOA's entrance is crossing under the train tracks into Main Street. The mess known as the graveyard of Epcot's entrance, or the thrill of The Crossroads with it's perverse view of The Sorcerer's Hat simply pale in comparison. As does the entrance into Universal Studios Florida.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Here are some of the reasons I feel make Universal the theme park king it truly is.

Best themeing anywhere. THEY ONLY HAVE ONE THEME MOVIES WDW HAS MULTIPLE VENUES IN THEIR PARKS

Best food options anywhere. SAME FOOD IN PARK AS WDW AND IF YOU INCLUDE THE RESTAURANTS ON THE WALK WAY THEN WDW HAS DOWNTOWN DISNEY TO MATCH

Best ride, Forbidden Journey. TOTALLY A SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS AS IS MINE BEST RIDE TOWER OF TERROR

Best resorts. SERIOUSLY GRAND FLORIDIAN/BOARDWALK MATCH ANY HOTEL AT UNI

That feeling of getting away from the real world, for example, walking up to Port of Entry and hearing the music blaring, that's magic for me for some reason.
WHAT THE HECK IS THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU WALK INTO DHS/MK/AK/E

These are a few of mine, whats some of yours?
billy mays.jpeg

And, of course, all of the things mentioned above by Disneyhead.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom