Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Captain Chaos

I can sort of believe that. I mean many gas stations already charge for air, which I believe is a little ridiculous. I have just always felt that Disney's focus was on the guest and the experience they are going to have.
Well, I don't see any gas stations around me charging for the air you need to breathe, but Disney would find a way if they knew the bad press wouldn't follow up on such a move... Then again, the whores would come out and tell their brain dead minions how magical it is to pay $20 for every breathe you take in WDW... Lou and Ricky would love the treasures bestowed onto them for trying to convince the brain dead how great such a decision is..

Now, if you want to put air in your tires at a gas station, well, that is completely different than charging you for the air you breathe to survive... And too bad Disney's focus is no longer on the guest and the experience, but on the bottom line and executive bonuses...

Fairybuzz

If you think Fastpass (and resort parking for that matter) is free, I have a bridge to sell you...

I've thought of that, but the fact remains that I pay a little more for disney and yet I get more in return, I'm able to escape my hectic life for a while. But when I go to six flags everything's falling down rusty, its full of rude gangsta types who chuck cans at my head (true story) and hit on me, and of course they demolish all my favorite rides and replace them with footpaths. (ROLLING THUNDER!!!!) Then theres the superman ride soaring over freshly cut lawn with occasional flood puddles, because I know thats what metropolis looks like

Captain Chaos

I've thought of that, but the fact remains that I pay a little more for disney and yet I get more in return, I'm able to escape my hectic life for a while. But when I go to six flags everything's falling down rusty, its full of rude gangsta types who chuck cans at my head (true story) and hit on me, and of course they demolish all my favorite rides and replace them with footpaths. (ROLLING THUNDER!!!!) Then theres the superman ride soaring over freshly cut lawn with occasional flood puddles, because I know thats what metropolis looks like
What Six Flags do you go to? I can tell you Great Adventure here in NJ is nothing like you just described... There are no gangsta types in Great Adventure, at least when ever I am there... Nothing there is falling down rusty... True, the theme has a lot to be desired, but I don't go there for the theme... I go for the rides, for the coasters, for the thrill... That is what they are and nothing more... And honestly, I don't care that you aren't flying over Metropolis on the Superman coaster... You aren't exactly blasting off into space on Green Lantern either, but that doesn't mean the coaster sucks or Great Adventure is horrible... it is a coaster/thrill park, nothing more... Got to see it for what it is, and that is the WDW/Disney fan problem... They HAVE TO compare everything to Disney instead of enjoying something for what it is...

Californian Elitist

That's unfortunate. My local Six Flags isn't like this at all.

Fairybuzz

What Six Flags do you go to? I can tell you Great Adventure here in NJ is nothing like you just described... There are no gangsta types in Great Adventure, at least when ever I am there... Nothing there is falling down rusty... True, the theme has a lot to be desired, but I don't go there for the theme... I go for the rides, for the coasters, for the thrill... That is what they are and nothing more..

Part of the WDW/Disney fan problem is mental... They HAVE TO compare everything to Disney instead of enjoying something for what it is...
It is great adventure though. The thing is when six flags first opened their park in texas their promise was to combine the thrill of classic amusment with the theming value of disneyland (no WDW back then). For a long time, while they were never disney quality, there was a good balence between the two. When I first went to great adventure It was amazing. True the theming for the rides was a bit lacking but rides like The Chiller really gave me that batman feeling, the giant observation dome, the frozen building, the snowy cones place next door, and the dynamic duo theme. The scream machine everyone hated but I thought was a great classic ride with no gimmicks needed. And rolling thunder gave me countless laughs. Now their tearing RT down to replace it with...........wait for it......a footpath to get to the new drop tower. Really?! The chiller station is left to rot hidden behind TDK coaster, and only used as a starting point for a maze (but not actual attraction) during fright fest. The grand stands by the lake are so sad looking like rotting timber unused and unloved. Frontier adventures is having a terrrible Identity crisis with a SAFARI (??) and Bizarro in it (Bizarro is a superman character, and the ride is themed to him taking over a ride that couldnt decide if it was themed to a mine or a mythical creature already) and the hurricane definately has wrecked havoc on everything this year. All the cool stuff that was on the walls in grannys kitchen is also gone. It just seems everything I think its cool HAS to go. AND THE ADS!!! OH GODD!!! Does every ride need to have Got2B Glued hair crud product ads all over the vehicles?

Uncle Remus

What Six Flags do you go to? I can tell you Great Adventure here in NJ is nothing like you just described... There are no gangsta types in Great Adventure, at least when ever I am there... Nothing there is falling down rusty... True, the theme has a lot to be desired, but I don't go there for the theme... I go for the rides, for the coasters, for the thrill... That is what they are and nothing more... And honestly, I don't care that you aren't flying over Metropolis on the Superman coaster... You aren't exactly blasting off into space on Green Lantern either, but that doesn't mean the coaster sucks or Great Adventure is horrible... it is a coaster/thrill park, nothing more... Got to see it for what it is, and that is the WDW/Disney fan problem... They HAVE TO compare everything to Disney instead of enjoying something for what it is...

Which is why Disney is better. I frequent the Six Flags in Atlanta. I appreciate it for what it is. The two arent comparable. Six Flags is slumming it no matter the state you're visiting in

Uncle Remus

Nuh-uh, not Magic Mountain in California.

I've been to Magic Mountain in California. I get you're California pride and supporting your state. California is one of my favorite vacation destinations. I love Northern California especially. I take an annual Big Sur trip. That being said, in my opinion it doesn't compare to Disney, Universal or Islands of Adventure. Unless they made some recent changes it's a notch below for me. You have the Majors and then A-Ball. Magic Mountain is Triple-A but still "A ball" for me. Not worth my effort to travel across country for.

Fairybuzz

Remember I'm the one who admited last night that the property of great adventure is beautiful. I like the park I just want to see it run better. once Schneider took over sf, its been on a decline

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
That is a big thing that I love about Disney, yes it is expensive to actually get into the parks, but at least they don't try to rob you of more money with having to invest in $60+ extra for fast passes for a ride you can only ride once. I live in Ohio and Cedar Point just started to do that. I couldn't believe it! Its shameful to make someone pay for much money to first come into the park, just to charge them another 60-100$ to use a fast pass. Disney rules! Plan and simple as that.

Oh I agree completely with this post.

Why should people have to drop 180 bucks to get fastpasses in both parks at Universal? That's clearly price gauging at its finest. Somewhere I can see a Universal executive spending his bonus in his mind while whispering to himself, "Take it all...Let them leave with nothing!!!"

I won't even mention the class system they are putting in place with their deluxe resort spenders compared to their values resort guests...

Jimmy Thick- 180 bucks for park to park fastpasses...And Disney is being greedy?

Captain Chaos

It is great adventure though. The thing is when six flags first opened their park in texas their promise was to combine the thrill of classic amusment with the theming value of disneyland (no WDW back then). For a long time, while they were never disney quality, there was a good balence between the two. When I first went to great adventure It was amazing. True the theming for the rides was a bit lacking but rides like The Chiller really gave me that batman feeling, the giant observation dome, the frozen building, the snowy cones place next door, and the dynamic duo theme. The scream machine everyone hated but I thought was a great classic ride with no gimmicks needed. And rolling thunder gave me countless laughs. Now their tearing RT down to replace it with...........wait for it......a footpath to get to the new drop tower. Really?! The chiller station is left to rot hidden behind TDK coaster, and only used as a starting point for a maze (but not actual attraction) during fright fest. The grand stands by the lake are so sad looking like rotting timber unused and unloved. Frontier adventures is having a terrrible Identity crisis with a SAFARI (??) and Bizarro in it (Bizarro is a superman character, and the ride is themed to him taking over a ride that couldnt decide if it was themed to a mine or a mythical creature already) and the hurricane definately has wrecked havoc on everything this year. All the cool stuff that was on the walls in grannys kitchen is also gone. It just seems everything I think its cool HAS to go. AND THE ADS!!! OH GODD!!! Does every ride need to have Got2B Glued hair crud product ads all over the vehicles?

Again, it is a thrill park, not a theme park... I know they try to be a theme park, and that is part of their problem... But when you look at it for what it truly is, an amusement park/thrill park/coaster park, then the less than spectacular theme isn't a problem... I agree, a lot of things may be misplaced, Bizarro is a great example... I have no issue with RT being torn down... I'm not a fan of the new drop attraction being built inside Kingda Ka, but I can understand the need to remove RT for a foot path/queue... I'm no fan of the Batman section either... The arena they used to do the Batman show in needs to go with a new attraction to be added...

But again, this is not Disney here... it is not Universal... It is Six Flags... A thrill/coaster park... When you look at it with an open mind and objectively, Six Flags isn't bad for what it is... And the ads don't really bother me...

I get a season pass every year, head down several times during the year... I love it... Why is it that people say you need to over look the bad at Disney but then cannot seem to over look the bad everywhere else? (Not you Fairybuzz, just saying that in general!!!)...

Uncle Remus

Again, it is a thrill park, not a theme park... I know they try to be a theme park, and that is part of their problem... But when you look at it for what it truly is, an amusement park/thrill park/coaster park, then the less than spectacular theme isn't a problem... I agree, a lot of things may be misplaced, Bizarro is a great example... I have no issue with RT being torn down... I'm not a fan of the new drop attraction being built inside Kingda Ka, but I can understand the need to remove RT for a foot path/queue... I'm no fan of the Batman section either... The arena they used to do the Batman show in needs to go with a new attraction to be added...

But again, this is not Disney here... it is not Universal... It is Six Flags... A thrill/coaster park... When you look at it with an open mind and objectively, Six Flags isn't bad for what it is... And the ads don't really bother me...

I get a season pass every year, head down several times during the year... I love it... Why is it that people say you need to over look the bad at Disney but then cannot seem to over look the bad everywhere else? (Not you Fairybuzz, just saying that in general!!!)...

I can agree with this take

Fairybuzz

A quick look on google street view (yes of the park itself) I was able to spot an example of everything I mentioned. Rust spots on Medusa/bizarro, An ad defacing the majestic fort (disney never put a giant pollyo string cheese ad on the castle or painted space mt with m&ms all over it), Grime on the side of the grandstand (You can't miss it, part of it is green because of it), The old contry area abandoned as wasted real estate (stop knocking down rides and just use this area already!), and a dead end that makes one part of the golden kingom unreachable from another (you must leave the land and re enter it someplace else to get there, not that any rides are there at all.)

Californian Elitist

I've been to Magic Mountain in California. I get you're California pride and supporting your state. California is one of my favorite vacation destinations. I love Northern California especially. I take an annual Big Sur trip. That being said, in my opinion it doesn't compare to Disney, Universal or Islands of Adventure. Unless they made some recent changes it's a notch below for me. You have the Majors and then A-Ball. Magic Mountain is Triple-A but still "A ball" for me. Not worth my effort to travel across country for.

This isn't about California pride and it being a great state. I was responding to you saying every Six Flags is "slumming it". I'm thinking I misundertood "slumming it", based on your response. Your opinion that Disney is better than Six Flags is fine, it's your opinion. I wasn't trying to say your opinion is invalid, which is why I think there's a misunderstanding here. What do you mean when you say Six Flags is "slumming it" in every state?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
And rides like hulk and hollywood rip ride rockit do have bare bones theming a green coaster the hulk does not make, the same way that painting a coaster yellow and plastering batman logos all over doesn't make it a batman ride. (yes yellow and don't ask me why they think that's a good color to paint it, Black would have been much better like it used to be)

Another thing about the Hulk coaster if I may.

The Hulk coaster is as Six Flags as outside of Six Flags park you will get, by noon everyday, the Hulk queue looks like a bus station toilet. I understand the ride is busy, I love the ride myself, but to say it gets abused in that "Six Flags" kinda way is an understatement.

Jimmy Thick- Whats that honey? Why its bus station bathroom smell...

Fairybuzz

lol yeah well you know i'm not above looking at the bad in disney parks (see my imagination/epcot rants that last five pages)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom